Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minkah Fitzpatrick

They'll probably want a 1st rounder but I'd love to have him for one of those 2nd rounders we have and something else. 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We already have a star at slot and most likely FS. So no. He would barely get no snaps.

He can play on the outside.  He's better than anything we have out there right now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

We already have a star at slot and most likely FS. So no. He would barely get no snaps.

He would start for us.   He can play CB or Safety and would be an improvement over what we have.   I like our DB's, but this is a great young player.  

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

We just signed Moore and he is a star. Your not going to bring someone in to take snaps away from him.

He would play on the outside bro. It's a trade so you move one or whatever amount of those guys off the team.   He wouldn't be replacing Kenny Moore, and even if he did you wouldn't see much drop off. 

I think they would be receptive to getting a player who could replace him and a pick. He and Rock would be our future lock down corners.   They would probably love a young player like Wilson and a pick.   I would do our 1st and Wilson and they might be receptive to Kelly as part of the deal.  Their QB situation is really up in the air.  

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We think rock is the future and your not going to bench Desir.

You move Quincy off the team and you play Minkah and Desir on the outside.

Let rock continue to play in subpackages this year.  Desir is not the future, at some point he's going to be leaving here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Why?? It's his natural position

If my reading is correct, he graded extremely high at slot coverage, and just average in all other positions.
 Flores is using him as a hybrid, including lots of TE, slot coverage.
  His Momma reports he should be playing FS. I would think he has conveyed that to her.

Perhaps he just wants out of this Miami situation, and would still be agreeable and worth it to continue being a hybrid. Ballard and his guys can figure that out.
A very interesting situation for sure.

Just now, aaron11 said:

i dont see where he fits in.  they just invested in Desir, Moore and Ya sin at CB

we have Hooker at FS obviously.  i guess he could play SS, or just have 2 FS but they named Geathers team caption

Desir has a short term contract.  None of these guys we have are Deion Sanders.

They all can be moved, traded and what not to make room. 

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

If my reading is correct, he graded extremely high at slot coverage, and just average in all other positions.
 Flores is using him as a hybrid, including lots of TE, slot coverage.
  His Momma reports he should be playing FS. I would think he has conveyed that to her.

Perhaps he just wants out of this Miami situation, and would still be agreeable and worth it to continue being a hybrid. Ballard and his guys can figure that out.
A very interesting situation for sure.

If he came on this team right now he wouldn't be a slot corner because of Kenny Moore. He ain't playing FS because of Hooker.  I could see us playing Fitzpatrick and Hooker on the backend against some passing sets but not full time.  In this scheme if we acquired him I think he would play on the outside.  He's got the type of size Ballard craves and he can cover man to man. 

• Like 1

We'll see if Ballard does anything.  I wouldn't fault him if he did, but  knowing him he probably won't. He's got some guys like Rock developing and I think Marvell Tell at some point this year is going to show us he's a pretty good player. I like his skill set also with being able to play FS and CB with the 6'2" frame.  I wouldn't stop a move on a player like Minkah because of them but that's just me.  Ballard knows more than me obviously. 

• Like 1

The more I look into this the more it makes sense.  No matter where he would play, excluding FS, I think he would be the best player in that position.  I would have no issues giving up one of our extra 2nd rounders, and maybe someone who is lost in our depth chart if required, like Chester Rogers since they got rid of Stills (poor Chester).

With the trust I have in the coaches and the way Reich focuses on them being "teachers" I think we could make him an elite player and it would cost us $6m over 3 years!!! 

A backfield of Moore, Desir, Wilson, Hooker, Minkah, Rock.......that is a quality backfield with more youth and athleticism than any other in the league that I can think of.  

However, there have been so many players that I wanted CB to go after and he doesn't seem to rate my opinion that highly on these matters! Lol

When he was drafted he was rated one of the three can't miss prospects.  The other two were Saquan and Big Q.  I think it's going to take a 1st Rd. pick and more.  My guess is Ballard is at least exploring a trade and I would think he would be open to our 1st pick as part of the deal.  Can you imagine having two of the three being Colts?  Ballard has to be tempted.  

53 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Worthy of consideration.

We already have the most expensive slot cb in the league, we don't need another. So I don't feel as though giving up maybe a 1st or second is worth having a guy who would be a good CB1 or CB2( not a great one ).

I would love to trade for him but it doesn't seem very practical. It would be worth it if we didn't have Moore.

34 minutes ago, krunk said:

Why?? It's his natural position

Yup. He's even quoted as saying CB is where he's most comfortable. Only played at safety in Alabama out of necessity and then there was of course huge debate on what he should be in the NFL. Dolphins then decided to move him everywhere instead of letting him learn one position.

Like you said though, much better corner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yup. He's even quoted as saying CB is where he's most comfortable. Only played at safety in Alabama out of necessity and then there was of course huge debate on what he should be in the NFL. Dolphins of course decided to move him everywhere instead of letting him learn one position.

Like you said though, much better corner.

Especially in a scheme like ours where youre not playing that much man to man and you've got help over the top a lot of times. 

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Just read on Rotoworld where the Dolphins are seeking a 1st.  but they think a 2nd is more likely.   I can see Ballard going for that a second and tossing in a player as well.  

Minkah is worth one of our draft picks. Preferrably the extra 2nd round pick that we have.

• Like 2