Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question for out of state viewers

NannyMcafee

How do you guys watch the game out of state? I like NFL game pass but it isn't live games. So that's out. Hulu seems to have a lot but out of market games are unreliable. Theres FuboTV which has sports but I'm not sure how they are with out of market games. Does anyone know of any other legal sources for live game time? 

Just moved to TN from Lafayette IN and always had access every sunday locally. Now I'm not sure where to go. Dont want to miss any games.  

I'm out of state. Legally, if you have friends or family back in IN, the best/cheapest way to get games is to buy a Slingbox or similar device to set up at their house. There's several options that let you stream either their cable, or HD over air content from wherever you set it up at. Amazaon just came out with device too, but I don't have experience with it. I've used a slingbox for 10 years.

I had Direct TV/NFL Sunday Ticket a few yrs ago. It was nice because I could watch all the Colts & NY Giants games--my 2 favorite squads that I have watched for decades. However, the price just became too expensive/cost prohibitive for me longterm. Plus, I had a ton of weather related issues in Wisconsin where I live causing interference during INDY games so, I left DTV entirely. 

I had Sirus satellite radio for awhile, but listening to games & watching games is a whole different animal. 

I used to go to a local bar & watch blue horseshoe games, but it was burned down courtesy of a fire. Still not thrilled about that one, but whatcha gonna do right? Oh happy joy. :sarcasm:

As for this yr...My main TV died, my car needed work, so worst case scenario for now...You Tube highlights for games not televised nationally in the Badger State...I was thinking about NFL Game Pass but moneys tight right now so, I doubt it for awhile anyway. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

How do you guys watch the game out of state? I like NFL game pass but it isn't live games. So that's out. Hulu seems to have a lot but out of market games are unreliable. Theres FuboTV which has sports but I'm not sure how they are with out of market games. Does anyone know of any other legal sources for live game time? 

Just moved to TN from Lafayette IN and always had access every sunday locally. Now I'm not sure where to go. Dont want to miss any games.  

If you live outside of America you can watch game pass games live . Connect to a proxy outside the USA and watch game pass games live 

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

If you live outside of America you can watch game pass games live . Connect to a proxy outside the USA and watch game pass games live 

Nfl game pass international. Every nfl game live. Redzone. Nfl network 24-7. Heaps of nfl shows plus my favorite, full games in 40 mins. Every play minus the adverts.

14 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Do you know a student in college? I am and get Sunday Ticket for a $100 for the entire season as they do a student discount and can get just sunday ticket

14 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Sports Bar.  Buffalo Wild Wings is my spot

• Like 2

Also it should be noted that the Colts usually get a few prime time games so you can always watch those for free anyway. We have 3 prime time games that you should get free. In addition NFLN usually shows one of the 4:00 games as well, sometimes two I believe. We have 3 of those as well.

So you should be able to get about 6 games free. You can get two emails and get Sunday ticket trial for the rest.

On 9/6/2019 at 2:09 AM, NannyMcafee said:

Find a good local sports bar!  Beer, wings and Colts...been doing it that way for 23 years since I left Indy!

CBS all access showed it is streaming this weeks game. Anyone out of market have this and can tell for sure if thats right? I read an ad on Facebook today and it show they stream the Colts game this week. But was just wondering if you only get the game in your area. If it is where you an watch any of the games they are streaming, I will sign up for it.

23 minutes ago, Franklin County said:

CBS all access showed it is streaming this weeks game. Anyone out of market have this and can tell for sure if thats right? I read an ad on Facebook today and it show they stream the Colts game this week. But was just wondering if you only get the game in your area. If it is where you an watch any of the games they are streaming, I will sign up for it.

I tried that last year.  It will only stream the local game for your area

there is a way around this but It’s complicated and doesn’t always work.   I can explain more in direct messaging 

• Like 1

Lots of good answers in this thread for you to consider.

But, it all boils down to the viewing experience that you want.

If you want to watch the game from the comfort of your own home,  then the winner is the NFL Sunday Ticket.   Not too expensive and a great value.   Lots of BANG for your viewing buck.

But if you want to watch from a sports bar,  where the Colts game might only be one of about a half-dozen or so games going on at the same time,   so there are fans of lots of teams there all cheering for their favorite team.....   if you want that type of experience,  then a good sports bar is your easy choice.     Note:   be sure to call ahead to the bar and make sure they carry the NFL Sunday Ticket and that they carry ALL games.    Not every bar does.    Some only have enough monitors for SOME games.     Other bars have tons of TV's and you'll be able to watch the Colts,  but you might not be in the best spot in any given week.

So......    what do you want?      That's your biggest question?     Home?    Or Sports Bar?

Enjoy!!

Use to have Sunday Ticket back in the late 90's. My main service was Comcast. Bought a direct tv dish and receiver without having to have monthly service for 

direct tv. Right before the season came around Direct tv would mail me an invoice for Sunday Ticket. I had the option of paying for the whole season in one payment, or installments over 3 months. Back then it was about 115.00 dollars for the whole season Every game every team. Even locally where the team was playing if there were a blackout they would show the game. It was great at first, back then. I had it for about ten years. Gradually every couple of years, the price per season would creep up, but still a bargain. Then when high def was converted from analog, the price sky rocketed,  almost 400 dollars a season, The last straw was a game that the Colts were playing in Houston, I live in South Carolina and they blackout the game here. because it was not sold out in Houston. When I called them and told them I got Sunday Ticket so I could watch every Colt game, they said that they could not control Black out games. The funny thing is  I called a local sports bar near me, and they said that they were seeing the Colt game at their bar so I asked them what satellite were they using, and they said Direct Tv Sunday Ticket. Between the price I was paying I felt duped. So I told them I was canceling my Sunday Ticket. Well when I did , I got a letter from them in the mail, asking me to come back and they would give the rest of the season for free, I said yea what about next year , It's going to be the same situation, and they had no reply to that. So.. We did the sports bar a couple of seasons, and that quickly got boring.

So now if the Colts are not on locally, It's the old Red Zone and hope they score a lot, lol. Well the better they play the more games they will put on locally here.