Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Come on people... ANY good news?

WoolMagnet

News has been not so good lately, especially on the roster njury front.  I dont know about the rest of you, but i could use a little pick me up, that even a bottle of Jack or a Colorado dispensary couldnt fix.  Does anybody have ANY good news (preferably Colts related) that perhaps we are not aware of or maybe an angle we havent thought of?  A thread with some kind of positive spin would be really helpful right now:

I'm out on a ledge......

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

News has been not so good lately, especially on the roster njury front.  I dont know about the rest of you, but i could use a little pick me up, that even a bottle of Jack or a Colorado dispensary couldnt fix.  Does anybody have ANY good news (preferably Colts related) that perhaps we are not aware of or maybe an angle we havent thought of?  A thread with some kind of positive spin would be really helpful right now:

I'm out on a ledge......

Most of the injuries haven’t been anything serious from what I’ve seen. 

If I understand you right...

You should double the dosage or give them up altogether as to the remedies you cite... 

Chill dude, things are looking up, the season starts next month, this team's roster is way better than last year, our front office is leaning towards something special, this team is looking to be something special.

Things are never as good as you think and they are never as bad as imagined. 

It's a long season!

ENJOY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I'm out on a ledge......

jk :highfive2:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I'm out on a ledge......

When you say "injury front", I assume you're talking about Luck?  Besides Sheard there have been no major injuries.

Remember the first preseason game last year?  We lost Cain for the year and I think Lewis was injured then too.  A few others, like Mack tweaked various things and were out for a while (AC too?).

We're going to have injuries, every team does.  My only concern at this point is if Andrew can get some real time with the new WRs.  But even that isn't too much of a problem.  How long did it take for him to connect with Inman?

I'm out on a ledge......

None sorry.
 A thread with some kind of positive spin huh?
Sounds like you need a snickers and a Yo-Yo.   :funny:

I'm out on a ledge......

It's kind of an all-or-nothing scenario right now. If Luck is healthy week 1, we have a shot at the SB. If not, we'll be an 8-8 team at best. We've been fortunate with injuries thus far, (which is a positive). It's just going to take time with Luck to see if he's healthy (which is frustrating).

7 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I'm out on a ledge......

The good news? We're one day closer to the start of actual football!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If all you get during pre season is injuries that last only through pre season itself then that is good news.

4 weeks of Pre season is ridiculous in my opinion and honestly I wouldn’t be mad if the starters didn’t play in half the games. Save them for the actual season.

This Luck news is really no news IMO.  It's just a soft tissue injury, that because he has compensated that specific muscle's workload to another muscle/tendon, that started hurting also.  It happens anytime you injure a muscle or tendon, yet still try to work with it.

He's now just being cautious, and doesn't want to push himself or the leg, because what happened to his shoulder is still so fresh in his mind.  

As for the minor injuries to other players,..I say those are absolutely awesome! 

When was the last time you remember a training camp/off season where no-one who was projected a starter, or fringe starter, ended up going to IR?  Most teams have a serious injury or two by now, we've been so lucky. (knock on wood).

Really excited for this coming Browns game.  Can't wait to see how our defense handles the potentially dynamic offense they have.

Let's face it very few established veteran players want to play in preseason games. some not even in practice, with the chance that they can get hurt before the regular season, starts. They feel that they can minimize the chance of injury better, if they work out on their own, And be ready for the regular season. The up and coming players need this time to get up to speed with the vets. I know the coaches, in a perfect world would like to have the veterans also with them, but I can see both, the coaches, and the veterans point of view. The fact that this is a business, veteran players have to look out for their selves. 

29 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

This Luck news is really no news IMO.  It's just a soft tissue injury, that because he has compensated that specific muscle's workload to another muscle/tendon, that started hurting also.  It happens anytime you injure a muscle or tendon, yet still try to work with it.

He's now just being cautious, and doesn't want to push himself or the leg, because what happened to his shoulder is still so fresh in his mind.  

Luck has had 3 MRI's on his calf.   That is enough for concern above a slight soft tissue injury.

But this is supposed to be a positive thread.   The defense should be improved.  Even without Spencer Ware, the RB's should be improved.   Doyle is back.  Funchess looked decent in limited action.  We have Campbell to be excited about watching how he progresses.  Chad Kelly looked very good.  Since Brissett won't be here next year, it's nice to have a QB who could slide into that back up role.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Luck has had 3 MRI's on his calf.   That is enough for concern above a slight soft tissue injury.

But this is supposed to be a positive thread.   The defense should be improved.  Even without Spencer Ware, the RB's should be improved.   Doyle is back.  Funchess looked decent in limited action.  We have Campbell to be excited about watching how he progresses.  Chad Kelly looked very good.  Since Brissett won't be here next year, it's nice to have a QB who could slide into that back up role.

I will be excited about Campbell when he proves he can stay on the field, preferably for the season. He brings back memories of another Ohio State WR we drafted, Anthony Gonzalez, who was repeatedly injured until he had to retire early.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's kind of an all-or-nothing scenario right now. If Luck is healthy week 1, we have a shot at the SB. If not, we'll be an 8-8 team at best. We've been fortunate with injuries thus far, (which is a positive). It's just going to take time with Luck to see if he's healthy (which is frustrating).

so if Luck is out the first game we're and 8-8 team...... but if he's here we're SB contenders...  hmmm

What if he misses 1 game ?  or 2 games?   Still an 8-8 team?

Hopefully you see how how silly your scenarios sounds right?

Seems like a strange topic for a post.  This offseason has been nothing but good news.  Solid competition on defense, to the point that there is a chance that Walker gets supplanted by a draft pick, and another LB that won't be denied playing time in EJ Speed.  Rock Ya-Sin being better than advertised.  Denico Autry playing like a man on fire, not to even mention our WR competition, TE room, and DL playing like men on fire.  Being cautionary with Luck and Campbell during games that don't count makes sense.  We did the same thing when Peyton was here, sucked in the preseason, and ruled during the regular season, this time we will be doing it with a top to bottom complete defense.

We don't have first round draft choices suffering bad injuries

(see: Jonah Williams - Bengals; L. J. Collier - Seahawks; DeAndre Baker - Giants; Nick Bosa - 49'ers; N'Keal Harry - Patriots)

We don't have a RB wanting to be traded (Melvin Gordon - Chargers)

We don't have a RB holding out for ginormous money (Ezekiel Elliott - Cowboys)

We don't have a starting QB refusing an offer that's really more than he's worth (Dak Prescott - Cowboys)

And we don't have a WR that froze his feet off, and is threatening to quit the entire NFL unless he gets to wear his helmet that the players union agreed to ban (Antonio Brown - Raiders)

Yeah, I'm ok that we don't have any of those problems.  I'll call that "good news"

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DerekDiggler said:

so if Luck is out the first game we're and 8-8 team...... but if he's here we're SB contenders...  hmmm

What if he misses 1 game ?  or 2 games?   Still an 8-8 team?

Hopefully you see how how silly your scenarios sounds right?

I think the implication was that with Luck for the whole season we are a Superbowl contender but without we are a .500 team.  

I mostly agree with that except I don't think we would win 8 games.  We have a tough schedule.   I think 6-10 or 7-9 is more likely.

For the positive spin for this thread, Luck could be ready for the season opener and he should love the plethora of offensive weapons the Colts team has.  

Although I'm not too interested in the Colts making any trades, It is good news that teams are interested.

Though they aren’t actively shopping any player or position specifically, Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reported the Colts are receiving numerous trade calls as the final week of training camp gets underway.

As the trade market picks up, one team to watch is the #Colts, who have numbers at CB, WR, OL and are getting calls. They’re not shopping anyone, but could be active in the coming weeks if the offer’s right.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) August 12, 2019