Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Schedule

CR91

12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

id say the schedule was moderate last year.  we played and lost to both previous super bowl teams, plus the division was decent and we split with two of them.   we also played some of the worst teams in the league 

Oh I agree. It was just a talking point, especially in the media, and there was some truth to it.

I’ll also go ahead and say that just because this schedule looks rough now, it doesn’t necessarily mean the teams that were good last year are going to be nearly as tough this year. But, it looks promising to be a good test :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Can someone tell me how much typically opening day costs? I wanted to go to the chargers game, but im worried its gonna be too expensive now

Tickets wise I'm assuming you're asking?? You can definitely get a pair for less than a 100$ usually, if you aren't picky that is.

57 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Can someone tell me how much typically opening day costs? I wanted to go to the chargers game, but im worried its gonna be too expensive now

Went to the opener against the rams 2 yrs ago. Tickets on the colts side ranged from $60-500 but stadium is 3 times larger then chargers. Cost me $1000 for 4 tickets 6 rows from sideline on 30 yard line. Right where tolzien threw his first interception returned for touchdown.....................

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I LOVE how all of our prime time games are on the road. 

Whos stupid decision was this?

It's the NFL and the TV Networks.    And it's because our best games are on the road this year.   That's the way it worked out.

It's not dumb at all....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's the NFL and the TV Networks.    And it's because our best games are on the road this year.   That's the way it worked out.

It's not dumb at all....

It’s incredibly dumb. We were one of if not the hottest team last season, with the comeback player of the year, defensive rookie of the year and a potential MVP QB. I’m aware KC is NE are THE teams right now, but it’s dumb. We should have got at least one home prime time game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

It’s incredibly dumb. We were one of if not the hottest team last season, with the comeback player of the year, defensive rookie of the year and a potential MVP QB. I’m aware KC is NE are THE teams right now, but it’s dumb. We should have got at least one home prime time game. 

That’s all well and good, but that’s a fans point of view....   fans for all 32 teams have complaints on this day...

If this is our biggest complaint then the reaction, aside from the fan base, is a big yawn.    Nobody else cares. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That’s all well and good, but that’s a fans point of view....   fans for all 32 teams have complaints on this day...

If this is our biggest complaint then the reaction, aside from the fan base, is a big yawn.    Nobody else cares. 

There’s two ways to look at this.

1) we got acrewed

or

2) IF we win out at home, big IF, we only need to win 2-3 of the away games to win the division and make playoffs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

Deion just said the Colts game is winnable for the Chargers on the NFL Network. I like Prime Time but I'm convinced he hates the Colts.

It is winnable though. The Chargers are a good football team. I could easily see the Colts losing.

I'm not going to say anything about who the Colts play when, because who knows which teams may be good or bad.  But I will say the schedule makers did not do the Colts any favors.

- All three prime time games are away

- 3 of 5 games to open the season are away

- 3 of 4 games to end the season are away

It's not as bad as 2005 or 2006  when the Colts had 4 games in an 18 day span but it's it's not favorable.

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

There’s two ways to look at this.

1) we got acrewed

or

2) IF we win out at home, big IF, we only need to win 2-3 of the away games to win the division and make playoffs.

Sorry...   I’m not sure I’m following or understanding your meaning...

I don’t think we got screwed.   

I think we’ll likely win 7 home games.  And I think we’ll win 3-4 road games. Maybe more, but I wouldn’t count on that.    I think the Colts typically do pretty well on the road.

I’m not wild about our schedule, but I don’t hate it....  and I don’t think the NFL is messing with us.   

25 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

Deion just said the Colts game is winnable for the Chargers on the NFL Network. I like Prime Time but I'm convinced he hates the Colts.

he does not like the colts, but the chargers could certainly win that.  deion really does hold a grudge over being stopped by a punter, his co hosts still give him crap about it on his show haha

At least we'll know if we're getting better or are paper tigers is how I'm looking at it. They'll definitely be battle tested if they make it to January.

Better get that run game up guys. 

Will be fun, can't wait...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry...   I’m not sure I’m following or understanding your meaning...

I don’t think we got screwed.   

I think we’ll likely win 7 home games.  And I think we’ll win 3-4 road games. Maybe more, but I wouldn’t count on that.    I think the Colts typically do pretty well on the road.

I’m not wild about our schedule, but I don’t hate it....  and I don’t think the NFL is messing with us.   

I’m talking about people upset with the lack of prime time games or the brutal road games when I said “getting screwed”.