Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Schedule

CR91

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m talking about people upset with the lack of prime time games or the brutal road games when I said “getting screwed”.

Well...   to be fair...   or more precise...

I think fans fans here are complaining that all three of our Prime Time games are on the road.   Not that we have too few.   Different issue.   They’d prefer one of those games was a home game.

I get that.   

To me,  it’s more of a fluke.   A quirk of the schedule.   I’m not reading anymore into it than that. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Coach always said, you wanna be the best, gotta beat the best at their best.

So true. We all have debated this topic same place same time for years :D.

We've seen 'favorable' schedules kill us and have had 'brutal' schedules that didn't end up to bad.

Let's just hope the road doesn't run through NE like usual.

• Like 1

Just now, IinD said:

So true. We all have debated this topic same place same time for years :D.

We've seen 'favorable' schedules kill us and have had 'brutal' schedules that didn't end up to bad.

Let's just hope the road doesn't run through NE like usual.

Actually, I hope it does. I honestly think if we’d gotten the Chiefs last year, we’d given NE a fight in the AFCCG.   I really want Luck to beat Brady once in his career

17 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I really want Luck to beat Brady once in his career.

I hear ya man. I've honestly got 'battered team syndrome' with them in the Luck era. It's been ugly so my mind wants to avoid NE, but I agree I'd love nothing more than Luck beating him/them.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am fine with our schedule. I would've preferred an easier opponent on opening day because I am sick of losing on opening day but who knows we may still be able to win at LAC. They will be favored in that game though. 

I feel like at some point Rivers will be old enough where he can't beat us :)..

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Before the schedule came out, I had that as 1 of our losses but we are capable of beating them.

Definitely agree it'll be a game, but man I'm getting tired of Rivers, pain in our butt over the years. 

• Like 1

All we really gotta do is win one of the two opening road games.  then it's 6 out 8 games at home, with three sets of back to back home games.  I'll take that.

REGULAR SEASON
9/8 @ Los Angeles Chargers 4:05 p.m.  possible Loss
9/15 @ Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.  Win
9/22 vs. Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.  Win
9/29 vs. Oakland Raiders 1 p.m.  Win
10/6 @ Kansas City Chiefs 8:20 p.m. (WTHR)  Loss
BYE
10/20 vs. Houston Texans 1 p.m.  possible Win (maybe)
10/27 vs. Denver Broncos 4:25 p.m.  Win
11/3 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m.  probable Loss
11/10 vs. Miami Dolphins 4:05 p.m.  Win
11/17 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m.  Win

11/21 (Thurs.) @ Houston Texans 8:20 p.m.  possible Win (maybe)
12/1 vs. Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.  Win
12/8 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.  Win
12/16 (Mon.) @ New Orleans Saints 8:15 p.m.  Loss
12/22 vs. Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.  Win
12/29 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m.  possible Win

It's all gonna come down to those two Houston games, I think.

When the schedule sinks in more after the excitement of seeing it for the first time... It's definitely possible to see an early jump to a good start..

9/8 @ Los Angeles Chargers, no juggernaut, definitely beatable.
9/15 @ Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.  same
9/22 vs. Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.  same
9/29 vs. Oakland Raiders 1 p.m.  same

No world beaters early, then KC followed by 4 of 5 at home.

Can't wait.

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

All we really gotta do is win one of the two opening road games.  then it's 6 out 8 games at home, with three sets of back to back home games.  I'll take that.

REGULAR SEASON
9/8 @ Los Angeles Chargers 4:05 p.m.  possible Loss
9/15 @ Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.  Win
9/22 vs. Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.  Win
9/29 vs. Oakland Raiders 1 p.m.  Win
10/6 @ Kansas City Chiefs 8:20 p.m. (WTHR)  Loss
BYE
10/20 vs. Houston Texans 1 p.m.  possible Win (maybe)
10/27 vs. Denver Broncos 4:25 p.m.  Win
11/3 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m.  probable Loss
11/10 vs. Miami Dolphins 4:05 p.m.  Win
11/17 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m.  Win

11/21 (Thurs.) @ Houston Texans 8:20 p.m.  possible Win (maybe)
12/1 vs. Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.  Win
12/8 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.  Win
12/16 (Mon.) @ New Orleans Saints 8:15 p.m.  Loss
12/22 vs. Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.  Win
12/29 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m.  possible Win

It's all gonna come down to those two Houston games, I think.

That 2nd HOU game is gonna be a tough one. On the Road, on a short week? Might be the toughest game on the schedule for us. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

The fans say "we are in great shape. Ballard will smash the Draft again. Luck is elite. We will win the Super Bowl. Etc."

The schedule comes out: "aaaahhhh, we are doomed. It's fixed. Schedule from hell. Chicken Little, Chicken Little......aaaaaahhhhhh.

Fans, eh.

I think we will be ok. Everyone will have their opinion of how they like the draft. Assuming I like the draft, I think our ceiling is 12 wins if Luck stays healthy. We could also be a team that only wins 10 but still be a better team than last year. As an early pre-draft prediction I have us going 11-5.  SB expectations should be expected but if we lost in the Divisional Round again it wouldn't shock me either. Once you get that far anything can happen. I think underachieving would be missing the playoffs all together.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IinD said:

Tickets wise I'm assuming you're asking?? You can definitely get a pair for less than a 100$ usually, if you aren't picky that is.

6 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Went to the opener against the rams 2 yrs ago. Tickets on the colts side ranged from $60-500 but stadium is 3 times larger then chargers. Cost me $1000 for 4 tickets 6 rows from sideline on 30 yard line. Right where tolzien threw his first interception returned for touchdown.....................

Thanks for the info guys. I bought two tickets for 330. Section 131 row B. Good seats?

We knew the schedule would be tougher this season.  

All in all, the way it was set up isn't too bad.  I like the bye week.   I like the middle of the schedule with so many home games.  

I think 10-6 is probable and 11-5 is possible.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

Thanks for the info guys. I bought two tickets for 330. Section 131 row B. Good seats?

You'll have an awesome time of course and views are good almost everywhere. No weird seating problems where you are.

I've had way worst seats and been fine.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

The fans say "we are in great shape. Ballard will smash the Draft again. Luck is elite. We will win the Super Bowl. Etc."

The schedule comes out: "aaaahhhh, we are doomed. It's fixed. Schedule from hell. Chicken Little, Chicken Little......aaaaaahhhhhh.

Fans, eh.

Good funny post.

You know the next step I'm sure??? Whoever we draft is a reach or certified bust before even picking a jersey number. 

12 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Went to the opener against the rams 2 yrs ago. Tickets on the colts side ranged from $60-500 but stadium is 3 times larger then chargers. Cost me $1000 for 4 tickets 6 rows from sideline on 30 yard line. Right where tolzien threw his first interception returned for touchdown.....................

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

Can someone tell me how much typically opening day costs? I wanted to go to the chargers game, but im worried its gonna be too expensive now

Even though it's LA, it probably won't be too much. They've gotten better, but usually the stadium is relatively empty for the Chargers

On 4/17/2019 at 8:06 PM, ColtsSouljah said:

No home primetime games for us? That's seriously messed up

On 4/17/2019 at 8:25 PM, Indyfan4life said:

I LOVE how all of our prime time games are on the road. 

Whos stupid decision was this?

See below  ↓

On 4/17/2019 at 8:33 PM, NewColtsFan said:

It's the NFL and the TV Networks.    And it's because our best games are on the road this year.   That's the way it worked out.

It's not dumb at all....

Let's face it folks.  The NFL 'showcases' teams.  They also have to cater to the networks, just as NCF says.  This says Indy is on a 1 year 'prove it' deal like teams do with some players.

It's the same thing for the NFL every year.  Their goal is balance.  Because they admit (Mike North) that 'they can create really good TV schedule that's not such a great team schedule, or make a very fair team schedules that's not going to be their best television'. So balance where everyone complains, but only a little, and hopefully somewhat equally.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-schedule-release/0ap3000001026920/What-goes-into-making-NFL-schedule-Mike-North-breaks-it-down

If Colts were a big draw (more than other powerhouse teams) and / or a huge market, they would have more prime time home games.  If the Colts ace the test this year and go far (or all the way), they'll get rewarded with better/more next year.  It's how it works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We still have 8 home games and 8 road games.  And it doesn't matter to me whether our road games are the only prime time games or not.  Regardless of what time, what place, or how it is televised we need to be ready to win. 

Each games counts the same on the record.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, IinD said:

Last time we played there wasn't fun lol. No Tolzien this time at least...

Nevermind that was LAR...

That opening not really doing much for me...

Wife and I were at that game and we both were yelling the whole time to bench Tolzien for Brissett.  By the time Pagano put Brissett in the score was lopsided.   The game against the Chargers should be an interesting one with Luck and Rivers dueling it out.  Can't wait to buy our tickets.

This will be a playoff scenario.  Rest of the family are Chargers fans so it would be nice to win that one.

• Like 2

I'm shocked so many of us think we are actually going to lose to the steelers.  Can it happen?  Yes of course, but no way do I think we are going to lose to them.  They are not good. They just lost brown.  They will not be good,  and we will not lose to them..  Hopefully.. 

28 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

I'm shocked so many of us think we are actually going to lose to the steelers.  Can it happen?  Yes of course, but no way do I think we are going to lose to them.  They are not good. They just lost brown.  They will not be good,  and we will not lose to them..  Hopefully.. 

You seem too confident.   The Steelers have a knack for putting good quality teams on the field nearly every year.  Brown could end up being an addition by subtraction thing.  

They also have a lot of draft picks.    I haven't researched these signings, but it doesn't appear that this is the same team minus AB.    Moncrief and Schuster are a pretty good WR duo.   

APRIL

04/09

Signed DL Casey Sayles to a one-year contract.

04/08

Signed free agent CB Kameron Kelly, free agent LB JT Jones and free agent DT Winston Craig to one-year contracts.

04/05

Signed free agent C J.C. Hassenauer and free agent DB Jack Tocho to one-year contracts.

04/01

Released S Morgan Burnett.

MARCH

03/19

Signed LB Mark Barron to a two-year deal through the 2020 season.

03/15

Agreed to terms with DT Daniel McCullers on a two-year deal through the 2020 season.

03/14

Signed WR Eli Rogers to a new two-year deal through the 2020 season.

03/14

Signed WR Donte Moncrief to a two-year deal through the 2020 season.

03/14

Signed CB Steven Nelson to a three-year contract through the 2021 season.

03/13

Agreed to terms with P Jordan Berry and LB Anthony Chickillo on new two-year deals through the 2020 season.

03/13

Acquired a sixth-round draft selection (No. 207 overall) in the 2019 NFL Draft via trade with the Arizona Cardinals in exchange OT Marcus Gilbert.

03/13

Acquired a third- and fifth-round draft selection (No. 66 and 141 overall) in the 2019 NFL Draft via trade with the Oakland Raiders in exchange WR Antonio Brown.