Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Kraft Charged in Prostitution Probe

Virtuoso80

10 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Is Kraft not listening to his lawyers? It would seem that the lawyers would try to talk Kraft into accepting the plea deal. I think refusing this would be a huge mistake. He thinks that he really didn't do anything wrong. 

No, not what he is being asked to admit he did though...

9 hours ago, Gramz said:

Evidently not. I understand that this is normal procedure for first time offenders, it's not like he personally is being given special treatment.  It's been offered to everyone accused in this case, as first time offenders.

It would only make sense to take the plea deal, given the supposed evidence they have.

It will be interesting... stay tuned. :popcorn:

:edit:. I just read he's filing a motion to suppress the video evidence.  :scratch:. Why file that motion if you're innocent. :scratch:

Because, I have surmised over the years, it's not just about being 'not guilty, it's about procedure as well.

"A Florida lawyer questioning the legality of videos capturing sex acts in the Jupiter massage parlor sting wants to block their release, saying the men are charged with soliciting prostitution, while the warrant in the case cited trafficking."

“The issue is was there valid, legal reason to tape?” Richard Kibbey, a partner at Kibbey-Wagner, told the Herald on Tuesday. “The basis to tape is challengeable because the state attorney in Palm Beach didn’t say any of the men charged had any knowledge of trafficking going on. So that will be a centerpiece of our defense. … It’s unlikely that the tape in any way shows awareness of trafficking.”

"According to records, covert video surveillance equipment recorded footage of Kraft and others. "

A “joint motion for a protective order” in one of the men’s cases included Kraft and others.

The filing states that the video recordings and other evidence have not been produced in the court process of “discovery.”

There had also been a motion to 'seal' the evidence.  That was recently dissolved as well.

Things are rarely as simple as they seem.

{Sigh}

Another thing...

If the cameras also recorded any audio at all, with Florida’s status as a so-called two-party state (all parties to a recorded conversation must be aware of the recording and consent to it), those recordings would violate the wiretapping laws.

Probably a lot of things Kraft's lawyers are combing through.

7 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Another thing...

If the cameras also recorded any audio at all, with Florida’s status as a so-called two-party state (all parties to a recorded conversation must be aware of the recording and consent to it), those recordings would violate the wiretapping laws.

Yes, the Defenses attorneys will probably find some loop holes or technicality to get the videos blocked.  

He's 77 yr. Old soon to be 78 yr. old man. I don't think anyone wanted to see him behind bars.  

I still believe he's guilty of  soliciting, but there's no way to know if he was aware of the trafficking. 

The one victory here is that it has brought more awareness to the widespread human trafficking going on and several parlors have been shut down.

Who knows how long this case will be drawn out, or what the final outcome from the charges in Florida will be.

3 hours ago, Gramz said:

Yes, the Defenses attorneys will probably find some loop holes or technicality to get the

videos blocked.  

That's what he's paying therm for... 

He's 77 yr. Old soon to be 78 yr. old man. I don't think anyone wanted to see him behind bars.  

Well, maybe not for that infraction.

I still believe he's guilty of  soliciting, but there's no way to know if he was aware of the trafficking. 

Because of the many layers and outside the country connections etc ... getting anybody convicted of trafficking is very hard.  I know they want to, and the public feels it needs to be, but it's very difficult for them.

The one victory here is that it has brought more awareness to the widespread human trafficking going on and several parlors have been shut down.

Yes, at least temporarily.  I fear it will die down, eventually blow over.  But maybe cities/counties can keep better reigns on the 'business shops' in the future.

Who knows how long this case will be drawn out, or what the final outcome from the charges in Florida will be.

Same. ????

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:54 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Another thing...

If the state was conducting a sting I think they would have the permission to wiretap as part of their investigation before hand?  I can't see them not having their Xes and Os covered.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

That explains a lot.  It's why Kraft hasn't accepted plea as I believe he eventually will.   But the pleas must have a seal the evidence permanently order involved, I suspect.

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If the state was conducting a sting I think they would have the permission to wiretap as part of their investigation before hand?  I can't see them not having their Xes and Os covered.

Just a thought.

Indeed, it seems that they had a delayed notification warrant granted. 

When i first heard about this of course i laughed, cracked jokes, etc.  Now, i just feel sad for a 77 year OLD man.  Tho i hate EVERYTHING related to NE, i cant help but feel compassion for the guy.  I guess that is what s parates us from those nitwit NE fans.  The only thing that hat bothered me was hearing the attorneys say the car stop and video were not lawful.  so, in other words,  he'd be innocent if properly la s were followed by police.  Spygate, defate-gate, etc.... denial and crying "foul" was the stance in those crimes too.

• Thanks 1

When i was in college they'd set up a sting every month it seemed.  They had a lady cop busting "johns".  The cop's chase car would sit and blend in our fraternity parking lot.  This gave our brothers 2 big benefits.  We had a front fow seat when they'd bring the johns back to process, and more importantly....: give us more warnings and leniency when they'd show up to "address" our weekend parties.  Usually because our resident "one-punch", short-fused "bouncer" brother knocked an extra unruly guest out cold in the parking lot.   Oh memories.....

Weird, he says he's sorry and hopes to make up for it with future actions.....which sounds like a great plan.

Then he says everything the police did was wrong and they know it.  So, I guess that's the future actions that proves he's sorry :grumpy2:

39 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Weird, he says he's sorry and hopes to make up for it with future actions.....which sounds like a great plan.

Then he says everything the police did was wrong and they know it.  So, I guess that's the future actions that proves he's sorry :grumpy2:

Is this an episode of “Cops”

14 hours ago, Nadine said:

He's sorry he got caught. That's all.

The police were wrong, but he wasnt? :scratch:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Wow.

He'd have to be very willfully ignorant to not think trafficking might have been involved with an Asian woman who barely speaks any English offering her "services" to Americans.  Like, head-in-the-sand willfully ignorant, and it's a stretch to assume someone as intelligent and successful as Kraft could be that ignorant, even willfully.

I assume you're assuming he assumed she wanted to grow up to be a prostitute at a spa in Florida pleasuring wrinkly old men?

Wow, indeed.

10 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

He'd have to be very willfully ignorant to not think trafficking might have been involved with an Asian woman who barely speaks any English offering her "services" to Americans.  Like, head-in-the-sand willfully ignorant, and it's a stretch to assume someone as intelligent and successful as Kraft could be that ignorant, even willfully.

I assume you're assuming he assumed she wanted to grow up to be a prostitute at a spa in Florida pleasuring wrinkly old men?

Wow, indeed.

I just like the way y'all selectively look at evidence when it comes to things like solicitation, harassing trainers at Tennessee, and using HGH that's delivered to your house in your wife's name. 

3 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I just like the way y'all selectively look at evidence when it comes to things like solicitation, harassing trainers at Tennessee, and using HGH that's delivered to your house in your wife's name. 

If you have such an issue with Colts Fans why do you come on a Colts Fan Forum

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GoPats said:

That's a nice try at deflection, but I'll bite anyway.  Can you point out where I defended Peyton for the trainer incident or the HGH use?  I think less of him because of it, but I don't put people on a pedestal and call them a hero because they're good at throwing a football.

He knows he shouldn't have done those things.

And Kraft knows he shouldn't have been soliciting "services" from a woman that was most likely in her situation due to human trafficking.  He's not dumb, and neither are you.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GoPats said:

There is no evidence to look at with the Manning stuff, but there's video of Robert Kraft... apples to oranges comparison.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

Since you said, y'all, that includes me. I, in fact, was very upset when Robert Mathis was tested positive....and I stated so, on Colts boards. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoPats said:

This was directed at me... even tho you quoted someone else.

So Wow backatcha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

There is no evidence to look at with the Manning stuff, but there's video of Robert Kraft... apples to oranges comparison.

Exactly!    Not to mention...   the supposed  young college kid locker room antics is hardly comparable to an old wealthy man paying for someone to "pleasure him" illegally in a parlor. And yes there is video evidence to the latter.

• Like 1

I cannot believe there are still people who think Peyton used HGH. I am sorry, but you are incredibly ignorant if you do. The "journalist" who reported it worked for a debunked joke of a "news source" and he is on public record saying he made the story up.

The locker room situation at Tennessee is admittedly not as clear. Peyton said he was mooning a teammate as a joke and the female trainer in question walked around the corner at that moment. The trainer said he mooned her. The trainer was also involved in a number of failed other lawsuits. You be the judge of who is more trustworthy, but in the end Peyton was not found guilty of anything.

How in the crap do those even remotely compare to Kraft being caught on video?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

My favorite part of the Manning HGH allegation is that Charlie Sly (the intern who accused Manning and then later admitted he made the whole thing up) DID NOT EVEN WORK AT THE MEDICAL FACILITY in the time-frame he originally said he witnessed the facility supplying HGH to Manning. Yeah, real credible stuff here.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GoPats said:

Selective look at evidence.? 

Well in Manning's case there is no evidence.

In Brady's case he destroyed the evidence.

In Kraft's case there is evidence.

Anything else?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GoPats said:

Lol. Is that the best you could do to support your argument that Kraft did nothing wrong? Your turning this back on Colts fans shows that you cannot find legit arguments to defend Kraft. This guy is pretending not to have known that these women were trafficked. You actually believe him??

Your logical fallacy is:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Just read he's now asking for a jury trial.

Thoughts?

You know if there's video evidence and the defendants ego won't let them admit fault and wants to fight it... Law enforcement and prosecutors tend to not like that...I can see them wanting to stick it to him just for him making them go through this. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

You know if there's video evidence and the defendants ego won't let them admit fault and wants to fight it... Law enforcement and prosecutors tend to not like that...I can see them wanting to stick it to him just for him making them go through this. 

That was my thought too.   This is something that doesn't warrant a jury trial. Was to be decided by judge based on the evidence.  Can he insist on a jury trial?  :scratch: