Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Kraft Charged in Prostitution Probe

Virtuoso80

This has always been the likely outcome.

Kraft is never going to admit wrong-doing here. He said he is sorry to have hurt or disappointed people. But he is not admitting to any illegal activity and as such this is his way of saying "I did something some people may consider immoral. And I am sorry that I did that and it hurt them with the standard they hold me to. But it is not illegal so take me to court and I will fight it and prove I am innocent".

In this day of media where you are really guilty until proven innocent in the court of public opinion, this was always the likely outcome.

They motioned to suppress the video so that it doesn't leak and tarnish his reputation even more. After all, the league and the public really start to get up in arms over stuff when they see it. If you don't see it it is just words and is not "real". (hence the domestic violence or violence against women incidents blowing up mainly when there is footage of it).

The defense has also called into question the legality of the way the videos/surveillance, was acquired. Questioning the validity of the human trafficking claim since they claim there is no evidence of that happening here and thus it was simply a sting operation geared at capturing people doing one thing under the guise of trying to catch something else that was not happening at all.

In the end, Kraft and his defense will likely make this a bigger headache and more drama than it is worth for the prosecutors. If that happens they will likely drop it and he will come away clean (legally). And if he is found innocent or his case is dropped publicly, it will further embolden his claim that he did nothing illegal or truly wrong. And the public scorn will fade in short order when that happens.

Oh to be rich and have the resources to spin the narrative in your favor  :-)

• Like 1

I've removed some inappropriate comments from this thread.  Please resist the urge post post more.

On another note, I saw a story yesterday about a woman who is making inspirational jewelry and employing victims of human trafficking.  I'm starting to believe that's all we can do.

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

I've removed some inappropriate comments from this thread.  Please resist the urge post post more.

On another note, I saw a story yesterday about a woman who is making inspirational jewelry and employing victims of human trafficking.  I'm starting to believe that's all we can do.

Kraft is going to be making jewelry now?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nadine said:

I think there is a restaurant/Bakery in Louisville that employs HT victims

12 hours ago, Nadine said:

I took a break from the forum yesterday, I miss all the good stuff :sarcasm: