LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Titans Sunday Night Football Game Thread

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

4th down Frank is a genius now isn't he lmao 

Ssssshhhh long way from being over

• Like 1

Collinsworth says that Andrew is getting the ball out of his hands so much faster

Sometimes. he hasnt watched ALL of our games......

If they dont single cover our WRs, Luck will do this all night

That zone is just a firing squad

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

Has Andrew thrown better this season?

Has he faced less of a rush???

Vrabel looks defeated already.

It is early and anything can happen from here but he just looks depressed already.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

If they dont single cover our WRs, Luck will do this all night

That zone is just a firing squad

Has he faced less of a rush???

Good point!:funny:

Just now, kornstar said:

Vrabel looks defeated already.

It is early and anything can happen from here but he just looks depressed already.....

Jumping to a big lead takes his best player out of the game.

Now he has to hope his backup QB can bring them back.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Well, I appreciate you straightening out the information.  That still isn't the number of possible schedules, it's just the number they created based on the financial needs mixed with the venue availability issues and other stuff.   There are some horrendous schedules for certain teams out there.  Whatever human intervention took place, they clearly didn't care about screwing teams.  Oakland and Tampa got it the worst and it was needless.  But money is all that matters, not the health of the players or fairness of competition.  That much is clear.  
    • I didn't suggest anything. I'm just saying that by applying you logic to everyone on the roster, we shouldn't need to upgrade anything. Or does that just hold true to WR?
    • Simple.  It means we need to continue to look elsewhere for someone ready to play out of the box.  Someone who shines, even if its just as a rookie.  I would suggest the draft and we hope that Cain's brief spark before injury was more than fools gold.  Johnson and Paschal had brief moments where they appeared capable but certainly were far from Elite talent.  Rogers and the rest of the guys on the roster after Hilton and Funchess seem like cannon fodder for the most part.  We need elite talent.  We need elite speed.  We need elite hands.  We need elite route running.  In essence, we need SOMETHING to be elite about our qualified #2 and #3.  I didn't see anything that suggested "Elite" from any of these guys last year.  Did you? Someone will be #2 even if they're terrible.  There WILL be a #2.  What I think most people hope for is that the #2 has something elite, if not many things elite about their skill set.  Outside of Hilton, that isn't a word that applies to the backups from last year and camp bodies.     Are you going on the record to say we have our full time, long term #2 and eventual #1 when Hilton is gone on the roster?  Who would that be?  And no matter how you answer, using your criteria, what supposed practical value is that supposed to have?     What practical value does my opinion have? At least the same value as any opinion you or anyone else shares.  None of us have power over the team.  The point of a message board is to post opinions and discuss.  You apparently disagree with my statement, so let's hear who our #2 elite talent is among the scrubs? Settling for a #2 without elite talent is what we did last year.  Ryan Grant was devoid of anything elite and it showed.     Questions? 
    • Based on snap counts last year. TE was 1.29, WR 2.56, RB 1.03 So we ran 2 TE sets a little less than a 3rd of the time (likely a lot on early running downs or RZ), 3 WR sets more than half the time, and used only one RB except for a few instances.    A few things to ponder.... How sure are you that DF was signed assumed to be full time starter? By most reports, Cain had locked down the #2 spot last year before he got injured. Do you think Cain was told DF was signed to be the starter? Might he have been signed to provide depth to the unit while Cain gets his form back? Or even while a drafted WR comes on....   Also, as discussed, DF's most successful routes were short to intermediate middle type routes (not X WR routes). Not necessarily perimeter or deep. Do you think the coaches will force fit him into areas where he's had the least success? It's also been discussed that he might find more success as a big or bully slot?   In terms of stretching the field... If you've read up on Reich's offense, there is a lot of talk about "4 vert" or K gun (going back to his own QB days). Yes there is a lot of up tempo quick hits, but there is supposed to be a stretch element too. It's supposed to be multiple formations, multiple plays, all up tempo. 4 vert is just what it sounds like. 4 players going vertical. Not just all short to intermediate. Luck can throw every ball. Not using his vertical talents would be a bit silly, no?   On the whole WR unit, we have literally only one proven guy and that's TY. Potential and talent are great words, but we have only TY that's proven. DF has had his ups and downs, and hopefully he gets it turned around. I love Cain, but he's rehabing and didn't exactly light the world on fire at Clemson. Both he and Renfrow were there in 16 and 17. Cain stayed about the same while Renfrow took a nice step forward.   All the other guys (Pascal, Johnson, Fountain) are projects that we hope might pan out. You mentioned Johnson, and I like his potential too, but he didn't do much at TX, and has been hurt 2 of his 3 NFL years. In short, based on last years stats, not one WR ranked inside the top 80 in yards other than Hilton. It's incredible what Luck did with all the moving parts last year, but he shouldn't have to work this hard.    And you mentioned you'd take a RB early. If we're talking about proven, and also potential... When Mack came back in game 6 IIRC, we were a top 10 rushing team the rest of the year (I think if you normalize, Mack would have been 5th or 6th in yards). We also just drafted Hines who had a very good first year (700+ all purpose yards), and Wilkins who averaged 5.6 yards per carry in back up duty to Mack. Individually, that's much more proven than our WR corp. I would like to have a power back compliment over Williams, but that's in the middle to late rounds.   Not saying we will, or won't take a WR early, but every mock and "needs" board out there has WR in the top 2. Even Colts.com listed WR first in their post FA needs. Of course Ballard will do what he wants, but the overwhelming majority of "experts" out there are saying Indy needs to upgrade WR. 
    • WHERE EXACTLY did I say any of the nonsense you stated above?  Dude, I don't know you but you either have the wrong person or you are simply projecting.  I didn't comment on the 30 allowed visits at all.  I made no pro or con comments of any kind on the topic.  I asked a legit question that I did not know the answer to.  You need to.. uh... relax or something.  It's all in your head! 
  • Members

• PureLuck

PureLuck 94

• Irish YJ

Irish YJ 351

• jchandler7

jchandler7 238

• Melancholie

Melancholie 3

Rookie