Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton breaks down the Pascal TD

CR91

That's a nearly perfect pass play....

The safety (#20)  didnt necessarily make a mistake...he made a choice.

The Linebacker had to respect the run

There is no defensive answer to that play if the WR runs the route like that and the QB throws the ball like that.

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

That's a nearly perfect pass play....

The safety (#20)  didnt necessarily make a mistake...he made a choice.

The Linebacker had to respect the run

There is no defensive answer to that play if the WR runs the route like that and the QB throws the ball like that.

Like Peyton said, alluding to Marino "you cannot defend the perfect throw ". In this case, you cannot defend the perfect throw and route. 

• Like 2

I love seeing Siriani coaching the young receivers during the game as the situations are unfolding... as they are preparing for a TD play. He knew exactly what part of the play to emphasize to Pascal in this case and in a way that would both focus him for what's important and wouldn't give the play away. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I've heard a lot of networks are begging him to come be an analyst or a color guy.  He would be good at it.

its under his pay grade.  he would probably rather just do it occasionally instead of having to go to work at it every week

10 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

Sweet video. The only guy I think I would rather have coordinating our offense than Reich right now is good old number 18 but maybe im a little biased since he’s my fav player ever and in my opinion the GOAT. 

I love Peyton, but I like exactly what we have right now. Would love to see PM as a GM or owner someday. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Omg Peyton is the best!  My fav part is him telling QBs that if they don’t like the play just act like the headset isn’t working hahahahaha.  He said some sound guy will probably get yelled at but it won’t be you! Hahahahah. I still say there has never and may never be a player who orchastrated his team on the field like Peyton did. That dude would make sure everyone was in the right spot and knew what they were doing. I still say he’s the rain man of football. He’s a freaKing savant.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

we got Pascal for nothing, didn't we?

Yes.

One thing that excites me is that he's one of the better blocking WRs in the league and getting him more involved in the passing game would help not telegraph run plays as much. At some points this season, if Pascal was on the field, it was a run. Hopefully they try to get him more involved.

On 12/14/2018 at 1:03 AM, Trace Pyott said:

Sweet video. The only guy I think I would rather have coordinating our offense than Reich right now is good old number 18 but maybe im a little biased since he’s my fav player ever and in my opinion the GOAT. 

Its not an opinion....... its FACT !

Don't listen to the noise.  He is the goat.

well, around here at least.  And that ain't nothin.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

Omg Peyton is the best!  My fav part is him telling QBs that if they don’t like the play just act like the headset isn’t working hahahahaha.  He said some sound guy will probably get yelled at but it won’t be you! Hahahahah. I still say there has never and may never be a player who orchastrated his team on the field like Peyton did. That dude would make sure everyone was in the right spot and knew what they were doing. I still say he’s the rain man of football. He’s a freaKing savant.  

Yeah, he had a plethora of great sayings in that...lol

1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah, he had a plethora of great sayings in that...lol

Agree.  Peyton's vocabulary is matriculating up the charts, lol.

GREAT reaction by Siriani(?) on the sidelines on that TD to Pascal.  Love seeing it.  Coaches are really earning their money this year.  Hope we can hold onto them for at least one more season before they start getting pulled away to other teams.

• Like 1