Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A crazy idea

John Hammonds

8 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Here's a crazy idea.  If Vinatieri is gonna be out for a little while with a groin injury, why not sign Pat McAfee to a 1-month deal to kick field goals until AV is healthy?

I must have missed it.   Is AV going to be out for awhile?  

I would say it might be time to move on.  

McAfee can most certainly kick field goals. And I would be alright with bringing him in temporarily this year or even permanently next year (try out) if only for his onside kick ability alone... Vinnie is the GOAT of all kickers but Pat was the Onside Kick GOAT. 

Just now, Smoke317 said:

McAfee can most certainly kick field goals. And I would be alright with bringing him in temporarily this year or even permanently next year (try out) if only for his onside kick ability alone... Vinnie is the GOAT of all kickers but Pat was the Onside Kick GOAT. 

So you sign a retired punter with zero NFL place kicking experience and supposedly a GOAT on onside kicking to assume kicking responsibilities. Interesting!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Here's a crazy idea.  If Vinatieri is gonna be out for a little while with a groin injury, why not sign Pat McAfee to a 1-month deal to kick field goals until AV is healthy?

why should we do that when we could just re sign Bradley who was pretty solid in preseason for us

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I'd rather check FA and see if there's a K available that actually has in-game experience kicking PATs and FGs

41 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

why should we do that when we could just re sign Bradley who was pretty solid in preseason for us

I agree, that guy was pretty impressive. Hope that vinny gets to finish this year and gets the record and retires under the colts uniform. I do want to see what we have going into next year because I’d expect Vinny to retire after this year. 

3 hours ago, MPStack said:

So you sign a retired punter with zero NFL place kicking experience and supposedly a GOAT on onside kicking to assume kicking responsibilities. Interesting!

Actually Pat did kick some PATs and FGs, preseason but still. 

49 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

He's signed with carolina..

5 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Rigoberto Sanchez was 72/74 (98%) on PATs in college and 21/24 (88%) on FGs. If we just need someone for a week while Vinny recovers then I say we go with Rigo instead of wasting a roster spot.

True, but that’s not crazy. We need crazy dang it.

6 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

I believe you are thinking of Badgley.  He signed with the Chargers, but yes he did a good job in the preseason.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MPStack said:

It would be a bad idea, even though we all like Pat. I don’t think he even attempted a PAT, let alone a FG. Anyways, I’ve heard nothing of AV, being put on the shelf!

I was at a preseason game a few years ago.  I can’t even remember who we played.  

If I recall correctly, they brought Pat in to try a real long FG at the end of the game.  I think he was short and they returned it for a TD.  

Only time I remember him trying it.  

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I was at a preseason game a few years ago.  I can’t even remember who we played.  

If I recall correctly, they brought Pat in to try a real long FG at the end of the game.  I think he was short and they returned it for a TD.  

Only time I remember him trying it.  

4.thumb.gif.cc66fba4c914bdcc59a1e111ca86f08d.gif