Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patience is the key fans

love the shoe

This team is going to be ok next year, Ballard knows what we need , and its a lot , I think he has a plan but not for this year, let it play out and then go get some free agents and a good draft . Luck still has a way to go in my opinion also , just get through the year healthy and we go from there. I am not sure I want them to win many more games now that we are one and five , time to  think about  next year 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, patience is the key.

BUT, patience is running thin, too. It's not just this year that the Colts have been bad. It's now going on several years, and the fan base is growing weary. 

Still, we must be patient. What else can we do?

• Like 1

Just now, Flash7 said:

Agreed, patience is the key.

BUT, patience is running thin, too. It's not just this year that the Colts have been bad. It's now going on several years, and the fan base is growing weary. 

Still, we must be patient. What else can we do?

need to start brewing coffee before game time again

Two things can be equally true.  First, the Colts do have some parts of a foundation and show signs, albeit infrequently, to be optimistic.  However, today was after 10 days to prepare for an opponent and to say they were ready, focused, or even As talented physically as the Jets would be ridiculous.  I think "it's" more than a season away.  But I remain optimistic because there are a few parts there, including the most important, the QB.   But games like today are  brutal reminders how far away they really are.  

• Like 1

I'm extremely patient and didn't expect this team to do much. 6-10 was my prediction. However, Luck isn't getting younger and I think the thought from at least Mr. Irsay was multiple SBs with a QB like Luck. I don't expect overnight success, but your margin of error getting this team into a contender with Luck in his prime is closing!

• Like 2

Wassup fam,

Yes, patience is the key this season. This is technically "rebuilding". I think a lot of people on this board knows we are not contenders this year. I say next year is the key. We just need playmakers on the field on both side of the ball. We definitely need a superstar runningback who can run on all 4 downs. A guy like AD in his prime or hmmmm maybe Bell? I wished we drafted Saquan. Running the ball is the major key on offense that could take the pressure off Luck. For defense, I say our young guns are pretty solid. Leonard is a beast. They just need experience playing more. I say play all our starters for the rest of the season so they can accumulate the experiences. Just finish out the season healthy. Come back next season stronger than ever. 

Swaggg,

James Harden    

4 minutes ago, James Harden said:

Wassup fam,

Yes, patience is the key this season. This is technically "rebuilding". I think a lot of people on this board knows we are not contenders this year. I say next year is the key. We just need playmakers on the field on both side of the ball. We definitely need a superstar runningback who can run on all 4 downs. A guy like AD in his prime or hmmmm maybe Bell? I wished we drafted Saquan. Running the ball is the major key on offense that could take the pressure off Luck. For defense, I say our young guns are pretty solid. Leonard is a beast. They just need experience playing more. I say play all our starters for the rest of the season so they can accumulate the experiences. Just finish out the season healthy. Come back next season stronger than ever. 

Swaggg,

James Harden    

this team is two years away at least. Possibly three years. The talent level between average teams is obvious. I will say a good draft next year and actually bringing in quality Free agents could speed up process because we have the most important piece. Ball in your court mr Ballard 

20 minutes ago, Nadine said:

need to start brewing coffee before game time again

What is your honest opinion of things like...…. How many games we might win this year ? and Are we a bottom 5 of the NFL team  ?....Specific (not politically correct ) answers would be nice. 

Meh! My belief on what Ballard is doing this year at this point is more of "let the chips fall where they may" and at the end of the season we will reevaluate current players, decide who is top, middle, and bottom, and then release those who don't make it to the above categories. We'll hit free agency with the thought and tenacity of going after 2-3 top notch players and then going after 3-5 middle-upper class type players. We will then draft players to fill the rest of needs and I would think we will be a contending team this next year.

What might be getting to all of us is not the fact that we are losing, its how we are doing it. Seems the same as last year with all of the self inflicted stuff. Finding ways to lose. Non of us had high expectations, but we all expected growth, progression, and improvement from players and coaches. It might still happen but its gon be a long season. 

1 minute ago, Biggz21 said:

Where is Chris Ballard he's MIA he needs to do a interview addressing the state in which his team is in.

I don't think an interview is going to put many points on the board or create any kind of pass rush. The draft is not producing enough talent to rebuild the Colts into a competitive team in time to see Andrew Luck make it to a Super Bowl before he retires. And the free agent market has been more like dumpster diving for Ballard. Ebron and Sheard have been the only bright spots in that bunch. I think Ballard probably has one more year to show that he can really identify talent before the fans, and more importantly, Jim Irsay, lose faith in him altogether. Right now he isn't looking much like the genius that he thinks he is. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Ahhhhh the instant gratification generation.

Well, today's fans are a lot more analytical than previous generations. We have the internet to listen to and watch everything we could possibly want. Not to mention social media updates. It's a lot harder for the FO to lie to the fans like they used too. We know almost everything that goes on within the team and there's a lot less patience nowadays.

They should let Reich choose his own coaches and get rid of Mcdaniels crew. Have been a Colts fan since 1968 I have seen the good and bad this team needs so much help Grigson and Pagano left us a mess. I honestly do not understand till this day why Irsay hired them and rehired them and where paying the price now. The Jets are pretty bad 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

The OLine looked great. Luck had time and Mack had lanes to run into. 

Thank you stitches. I saw that too. Really exciting considering all the bad mouthing and writing off thrown Mack`s way. Yeehaaa!
I would like to commend our front seven for a lot of good football today. I am feeling good about Walker turning into a very good player. Young Grover competed well also. Smith had another solid game at RT.  Something knarly was going on behind AC and Nelson.     :colts:

Last year, Ballard’s 1st with an inherited coaching staff and without the team’s star QB, it’s a pass.  This year with a new coaching staff and avatar QB comes no back from being away more than a year, it’s another pass,  next year, year 3 of Ballard’s 3rd, likely a pass, but progress should be visible. The year after that, this coaching regime’s 3rd year and Ballard’s 4th, that is when Irsay needs to make decisions if the current regime is to be given votes of confidence (extension) or not. My not so humble opinion. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, today's fans are a lot more analytical than previous generations. We have the internet to listen to and watch everything we could possibly want. Not to mention social media updates. It's a lot harder for the FO to lie to the fans like they used too. We know almost everything that goes on within the team and there's a lot less patience nowadays.

Ever play the game telephone in school?  Unless you are a member of the Colts front office you really don't have a clue. Its still perception. Sometimes too much information can be as bad as not enough information. Patience is a virtue.  

The team is in dissaray for sure, like we just got destroyed by the Jets and a rookie quarterback in his 5th start. We have to give Ballard the time to build this team. This year honestly is a write off. Its a long pre season. Next season though i think Ballard is going to be under immense pressure to take the next step.

The Colts have a lot of money to spend in free agency. BUT the GM is not going to spend any money in free agency. The Colts may end up with a top 3 pick in the draft again. The Colts may have a chance to draft pass catching receiver, or a 100 yard rushing, not pulling a hamstring for 15 games a year running back. BUT the GM is not going to pick that high because He thinks he can get real value if we move out of the first round into the third round. Or if the GM does pick in the first round. He's going to pick an O-Lineman, with the thought anybody can play RB or WR if the O-Line is fixed.  How is these decisions looking after all drop passes this season? How is the you can draft a RB late looking so far this season. Yes Mack almost, almost had 100 yards today. But how long will Mack be available before he's hurt again.  The good news I might be able to get some real value buying Colts gear this year, with all these bad decisions. 

10 minutes ago, strt182 said:

Ever play the game telephone in school?  Unless you are a member of the Colts front office you really don't have a clue. Its still perception. Sometimes too much information can be as bad as not enough information. Patience is a virtue.  

It definitely is still perception to an extent, but enough of what we hear from "sources" and the FO itself is accurate enough to where we do usually have a clue. I do agree though that people are more impatient then they used to be.

6 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

The team is in dissaray for sure, like we just got destroyed by the Jets and a rookie quarterback in his 5th start. We have to give Ballard the time to build this team. This year honestly is a write off. Its a long pre season. Next season though i think Ballard is going to be under immense pressure to take the next step.

Ballard is most def under pressure next season to produce. Might wanna use some of that 120 mil in cap space. 

• Like 1