Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich Presser

TKnight24

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Slauson is in his 30's and broke 2 vertibre.  His career might be over.  Geather's neck is hurt again. . . his could be over too.

2 potentially career ending injuries in one game.  

Toss in Mewhort and we have the trifecta for the season.

Come to Indy to not only go on IR, but entirely end your career!!

Should be great as a signing slogan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterBowman said:

Slausons one tough sob that's for sure.

Agree.  I just have to think that he was playing for a new contract for next year, considering he was hurt part of last year as well(?).  He obviously didn't know the extent of the injury as per his quote of regret.  Not doubting his toughness, but I doubt he would have played as long had he known.

Kendall Langford & Matt Slauson definitely highlight the list of players who were pretty healthy/reliable guys that then went to Indianapolis and became injured/injury prone 

“If you’re tired of being an iron man, tired of being reliable, come to Indianapolis”- The New Slogan 

So, Geathers hurts his neck, that may or may not end his career, on a play where the other player lowers his helmet and no flag was thrown......Where's that new rule that is all about player safety at?  Good thing they got that flag out of their pocket when Brady got slapped in the helmet.......he could have been a paraplegic if it wasn't thrown.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Yeah geathers is done

Yeah, I doubt he'll ever be the same.  Even if he managed to come back healthy, the question would be how long.  I think his career is done.  I for sure done with him.  As much as I like him, it's time to move on.

• Like 2

I honestly feel bad for Geathers. He is a tough hard hitting player that we need. If this was my 2nd neck injury I would definitely consider retiring because health in more important. Even after his 1st one would be a scare. Whew. He's played well, he's made some money in the NFL, health should be priority #1.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Agree.  I just have to think that he was playing for a new contract for next year, considering he was hurt part of last year as well(?).  He obviously didn't know the extent of the injury as per his quote of regret.  Not doubting his toughness, but I doubt he would have played as long had he known.

He also had a promising young rookie who almost won the starting job breathing down his neck. That also played into it I believe.

17 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Kendall Langford & Matt Slauson definitely highlight the list of players who were pretty healthy/reliable guys that then went to Indianapolis and became injured/injury prone 

“If you’re tired of being an iron man, tired of being reliable, come to Indianapolis”- The New Slogan 

Although I jokingly agree with your statement, Slauson has ended the year on IR the last two seasons. 

5 minutes ago, IinD said:

Doyle is starting to freak me out a bit also. The hip is a messed up injury. Ask D.Allen.

Meh....we will be ok without Doyle so long as Reich plays Ebron and Swoope.    Let him take his time and heal up.  Who we really need back is T.Y. and Mack.  Our offense is hurting without those two guys on the field. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MTC said:

I am a bit concerned that Geathers will never play another snap of football. The amount of neck injuries he has collected over time is something that needs to be addressed. I wish him well.

Sad about Geathers. He wasn’t doing too much this year though.  Looked weak against New England...got trucked by Sony Michael. Smh

I am content to roll with my boy Farley at this point.  At least I know that dude is ready, willing and able to hit somebody this season. 

50 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Sorry you stayed in the game, Matt. Hope others listen to what you said. It's a game, but your back is your life. 

So is your neck. What a gut blow. Hope the best to both of them. Just feel bad for them going out like this.

• Like 2

It's so tough building a roster when you have so many injuries piling up each week.  Sure, some guys get more playing time, which will benefit later, but there's little to no chance of building any continuity in any of your units at LB, OL, DB, etc.  Ballard has a tough job just to fill a healthy roster each week in order to be competitive.

All the pre-season concern about Luck's health has been answered, but we have 15 other guys dealing with health issues now and some may be career ending.  Been a tough season to watch, but I credit Ballard and to coaches for having us being competitive each week with a chance to win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Toss in Mewhort and we have the trifecta for the season.

Come to Indy to not only go on IR, but entirely end your career!!

Should be great as a signing slogan.

Ehh my impression was Mewhort's injuries where well before this year and his time in camp this year just sort of confirmed for him that the injuries have robbed him of his ability to play at this level.  

• Like 1