Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So we will be 1-4 after tonight. We have to go 8-3 the rest of the way to reach 9-7 and have a chance at the Playoffs. That will be tough. I looked at the schedule and there are plenty of winnable games but we can't seem to even win those like losing to Cincy and Houston already. 

Just need to focus on your division and go from there

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wyldhorsefan said:

I s it wrong for me to hope that a someone comes thru unblocked and tears the he'll out of Brady's knee?

I can put up with a lot of crap on this board but that is just classless. We are better than that kind of junk.

2 minutes ago, James said:

Ballard talks a big game, but he doesn't bring in enough quality depth in order to compete.

Agreed.  He's better than Grigson but it seems that we're trying to stick to building through the draft as the only strategy.  You have to get into FA to fill your holes while you are building.  I'm not sure Indy did that.  I realize that Ballard doesn't want to overpay but sometimes, you get what you pay for. 

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Better than an INT to get NE chance for more points

I pretty much always expect at least 1 pick per game from Luck, it is just how it is. He didn’t throw one the last 2 games so he was due and in the situation of the game and being down by so much it was pretty much guaranteed in my eyes that he was going to throw one at any moment.

He also never gets any help from his team mates, they’ve been in his face all night!!!

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Colts embarrassed on national TV

How is that any different than any other week lol. Honestly I blame this on the NFL for these stupid TNF games. Just dumb dumb dumb. Wanna know why no one is playing...they are trying to recover from an OT game that went 4 plus hours Sunday...then fly across country....also why guys are getting hurt tonight...legs are gone. Player safety my @$$!!

Just now, Luca_Colts said:

Sucks so much to be destroyed on national tv, the average viewer doesn't know that we have 11 starters out, :/ people now will think that we're this bad

Ah don’t let them get to you. Usually just explain to people what the issue is. And if that doesn’t work, figure out their insecurity and point it out.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

How is that any different than any other week lol. Honestly I blame this on the NFL for these stupid TNF games. Just dumb dumb dumb. Wanna know why no one is playing...they are trying to recover from an OT game that went 4 plus hours Sunday...then fly across country....also why guys are getting hurt tonight...legs are gone. Player safety my @$$!!

This. They preach all about player safety but it’s still all about the money.

• Like 1

Just now, Luca_Colts said:

Sucks so much to be destroyed on national tv, the average viewer doesn't know that we have 11 starters out, :/ people now will think that we're this bad

We also could be 4-0 (hardly nobody outside of Indy even realizes that in the media) but nobody cares because we lost those games. They just look at the record. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

You may be right, but the fact is that the Colts are being embarrassed.

Some of you people should just stop being Colts fans.  They seem to frustrate you to the point of being irrational.  Maybe try the Rams, they look really good this year and will probably embarrass and disappoint you much less.

• Like 1

I think people are worrying too much about this game lol.  Even at 100% health the Patriots could still win by double digits at Foxboro.  Let alone with primarily backups playing.  I don't think anyone in the nation would expect the Colts not to get blown out with half their starters out.  

Yes they're not a good team but literally some people seem shocked about how they're losing this game with a preseason 3rd 4th quarter team in.  

• Like 1

Just now, cgi4life said:

I don't understand what most of you guys are expecting.  With injuries, youth and talent level? The Patriots are just a better team.  Whatever the out come I just want them to continue to grow and fight.

This. I was optimistic thinking they could go .500 this year. Not looking good but still. Moving in the right direction.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We also could be 4-0 (hardly nobody outside of Indy even realizes that in the media) but nobody cares because we lost those games. They just look at the record. 

Yes...50-50 games...games that come down to final drive doesn’t show in the record book but in Vegas they count that as a half win for each team...because it easily could have went the other way. This team isn’t as bad as we look tonight....but we probably aren’t a playoff team yet either. We will get there though.