Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With John Simon, Colts easily beat Cincy

Pacergeek

John Simon is a good pass rusher. Against Cincinnati, the pass rush was not consistent, and Dalton got comfortable. Colts desperately needed a pass rush in the fourth quarter, and Simon could have helped. Ballard's decision to keep guys that cannot rush the passer, like Basham, cost us the game.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

John Simon is a good pass rusher. Against Cincinnati, the pass rush was not consistent, and Dalton got comfortable. Colts desperately needed a pass rush in the fourth quarter, and Simon could have helped. Ballard's decision to keep guys that cannot rush the passer, like Basham, cost us the game.

Nonsense.

The turnovers cost the Colts the game, not the lack of Simon.  There is no debate or argument.

16 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

So who replaced Simon and how did he do?

I'm in Florida so I don't get to see many games.

29 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Just like Hines is a bust??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

maybe you were watching a different colts game because we had lots of pass rush. however even with Simon on the team it wasn't the defense who gave away the game it was the fumble:wall: 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

We'll just file this away under the heading of, "Alternate facts"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

here-we-go-again.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

maybe you were watching a different colts game because we had lots of pass rush. however even with Simon on the team it wasn't the defense who gave away the game it was the fumble:wall: 

When the defense easily coughs up a 13 point lead, it's tough to point the finger at the offense. Luck and Doyle should not have been put into the "TD or lose" position. Dalton is not a good QB, and to get shredded by that guy is embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm sure he is so relieved.   BTW,  did you see Dorsett have a great game for the Pats

Yes. Dorsett is good. Same player as TY, and he could not function paired with Hilton

2 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

When the defense easily coughs up a 13 point lead, it's tough to point the finger at the offense. Luck and Doyle should not have been put into the "TD or lose" position. Dalton is not a good QB, and to get shredded by that guy is embarrassing. 

Yes. Dorsett is good. Same player as TY, and he could not function paired with Hilton

You said he was a bust last week and could never breakout

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pacergeek said:

first off nasty penalties is what caused Cincy to move the ball down on us on the comback scores had nothing to do with getting shredded. in fact Andy only put up 243 passing yards compared to lucks 319 so if anything luck shredded them.

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

first off nasty penalties is what caused Cincy to move the ball down on us on the comback scores had nothing to do with getting shredded. in fact Andy only put up 243 passing yards compared to lucks 319 so if anything luck shredded them.

Penalties were horrible, but the defense has to play better. We got gashed by that woman beating * Mixon. Eberflus should have ordered a KO hit on that guy, especially after the cheap shots Luck was taking. Colts players have wives, daughters, and mothers. I'm sorry, but Mixon has no business being an NFL player. 

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

If this was your attempt to squash that troll rep of yours - epic fail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

I'd like to see Ridgeway active this week. He had a terrific pre-season. My understanding was that he was a healthy scratch, so unless I'm missing something, he isn't in the current rotation. 

I'm a little disappointed that Ridgeway didn't get any action.  Judging from his play in the preseason, I'd think he'd be great to bring in late in the game when guys are a little tired and he can come in fresh and shoot those gaps.  Our injury situation at tackle probably forced us to make him a healthy scratch but I'd like to have seen what he could have done in the second half when we needed to get the Bengals off the field. 

I also noticed that they lined Basham up at DT on the same side as Turay at end on most pass rushing situations.  Why not have them both coming from the edges and have Sheard coming from the tackle spot?  Can someone with a better understanding of the scheme explain if what I'm asking makes sense and why they had Turay & Basham on the same side?

I will say Pacergeek is a troll and his posts usually make me LOL (that laugh out loud not the millennial definition of as expected or salty) with the absurdity of his claims.  But he is correct about one thing... The Colts pass rush was sporadic and Hunt was the only one that provided not only the sacks but consistent pressure and hurries.  

Where the geek is wrong (i know there are a lot of times the geek is wrong but where he's wrong in the original topic) is Simon would not have made a difference.

1.  Simon would have been playing the same position as Hunt, so, even if Simon did as well as Hunt it would have been a wash.

2.  The Colts were getting some pressure from the outside but there was no interior pressure so Dalton was able to step up and move around a bit in the pocket. 

So what the Colts needed was interior push which makes it more head scratching that Ridgeway didn't get any snaps.  Who knows maybe Ridgeway was over the weight limit the Colts set for him and the punishment was missing the game.  People will claim that is stupid but a coach/gm has to do things like that when they are changing the culture of a team.  And I do want to make it clear, that is just speculation on my part as to why a player who played well against the 1s, 2s and 3s all preseason did not get any snaps.

• Like 1