Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kemoko Turay dedication

ColtStrong2013

I, like everyone else, wants Turay to develop and become a stud.

My worry with him is that he was hurt/injured often in college and actually pulled a hammy just running the 40 at the combine. Then he was hurt again much of the preseason.

I don’t question his talent or his work ethic, but I’m not sure his body will hold up.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I don't think one player makes or breaks Ballard either way.  Building a winner will.  Either he is successful in doing that here or he isn't.  Time will tell.

I don't necessarily think one will make or break. But if Turay turns into a star pass rusher, and Nelson ends up an all-pro like he should, and certainly if Smith turns into a solid starting guard/tackle, then that trade back to #6 and snagging those three gents because of it, will go down as one of the top moves in draft history. 

I'm hopeful for a healthy season for Turay and year long growth. Would love to see him at 8 plus sacks this season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

I, like everyone else, wants Turay to develop and become a stud.

My worry with him is that he was hurt/injured often in college and actually pulled a hammy just running the 40 at the combine. Then he was hurt again much of the preseason.

I don’t question his talent or his work ethic, but I’m not sure his body will hold up.

Yeah, that shoulder concerns me, two surgeries on it. Hopefully he holds up though, I like his ceiling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I don't necessarily think one will make or break. But if Turay turns into a star pass rusher, and Nelson ends up an all-pro like he should, and certainly if Smith turns into a solid starting guard/tackle, then that trade back to #6 and snagging those three gents because of it, will go down as one of the top moves in draft history. 

I'm hopeful for a healthy season for Turay and year long growth. Would love to see him at 8 plus sacks this season. 

That would be a very good rookie season for him.

• Like 1

Sounds promising... If he has juice as a rookie, I think that he and Sheard can make a very dynamic 3rd down duo.

Nobody (outside of the QB) will consistently affect game outcomes as often as a stud pass rusher. If Turay can become a consistent double-digit sack type of player, I can see how that can go a long way toward "making" Ballard as a GM. He would, obviously, have to have a couple more good bounces as well.

I'd love to see Basham make a jump this season, too, despite his relatively poor rookie season and off-season.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I would love to see that. I just have trouble understanding his college career because he never had 8 plus sacks in a season at Rutgers. Was he somewhat injured most of the time or did he not rush the passer or what? His college high in sacks was 7.5 his freshman year and then he had 2, 2 and 4 his final three seasons. His senior year, he played in 12 games and had seven tackles for loss and four sacks (he did have 65 tackles, which seems like a good number for a DE); and he didn't even make Honorable Mention All-Big Ten. How is that possible? Is there anyone on here who watches Rutgers regularly? 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I would love to see that. I just have trouble understanding his college career because he never had 8 plus sacks in a season at Rutgers. Was he somewhat injured most of the time or did he not rush the passer or what? His college high in sacks was 7.5 his freshman year and then he had 2, 2 and 4 his final three seasons. His senior year, he played in 12 games and had seven tackles for loss and four sacks (he did have 65 tackles, which seems like a good number for a DE); and he didn't even make Honorable Mention All-Big Ten. How is that possible? Is there anyone on here who watches Rutgers regularly? 

Thats because the Big Ten is just crazy stacked on the D-Line. You could make 3 all Big Ten teams out of just OSU and Michigan's D-Lines. And yes, Turay missed significant time his sophmore and junior seasons.

1 hour ago, BeanDiasucci said:

They used him as a 3-4 OLB and frequently used him to drop into coverage. Obvious misuse of talents....

• Like 2

I think those hoping for 8-Plus sacks from Turay this year are likely to be disappointed.   8-Plus is a lot for ANY player, much less a rookie.

And remember, he’s not even a full time guy.   He’s a rotational guy.

If Turay gets 4-6 sacks I’ll be very pleased.

I’d rather lower expectations and be pleased than have them high and be disappointed.    But maybe that’s just me. 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think those hoping for 8-Plus sacks from Turay this year are likely to be disappointed.   8-Plus is a lot for ANY player, much less a rookie.

I’d rather lower expectations and be pleased than have them high and be disappointed.    But maybe that’s just me. 

Now you sound like one of my dates

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Those aren't my expectations at all. Those are my hope. I hope for a playoff appearance and a run, but i dont expect it. 

He is a rotational piece, until he proves he can be provide consistent pressure. 

24 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I don't really even care if he has zero sacks this year IF he can be a constant disruptive force that causes the QB to make an early throw.

Agreed. I almost wrote after the 8 sacks "and a lot of pressure/rushed throws." We haven't had much of any of it in the past several years, so any kind of pressure from him solely would be huge. I honestly just hope for consistent growth, and to see him coming into the position by years end. With the amount of studying and work he is putting into it, we should see a guy comfortable by the end of the year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No telling what his stats will be, obviously. But the kid has the intangibles you look for: explosive first move; ability to bend; ability to change direction at high speed. I like him and think he'll be one of the big time pass rushers for the Colts in the future. Its just going to take some time to hit his stride. Like all other alpha pass rushers. I think he'll make Ballard look darn good in the not too distant future. Hooray for Turay. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You do realize turay is starting over basham right