Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 7/31/18

TKnight24

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

stinks to hear about walker. Sounds like he might not play in the preseason. week-to-week usually means a month, but perhaps this will give the colts a much better look at moore and who knows maybe they'll move walker to SAM

I’d like a young lineup of Leonard, Moore, and walker 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Myles said:

Anyone else feeling a little terrified that injuries may happen and derail the Colts season?

After hearing about several other training camp injuries, I have my fingers crossed that we don't see it here.   

The only injury that could derail the season is another one to luck, everyone else is just gonna be next man up. 

49 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

The only injury that could deregulation the season is another one to luck, everyone else is just gonna be next man up. 

I don't know, Colts are still short on depth to play the next man up game successfully.  

On my drive in this morning, the local sports radio started listing injuries from training camps.   I was pleased to not hear any Colts names mentioned.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Anyone else feeling a little terrified that injuries may happen and derail the Colts season?

After hearing about several other training camp injuries, I have my fingers crossed that we don't see it here.   

For us...... its way too common.......  It seems

When you have a deep, talented team, you can pull it off

When you have a weak, thin team with 2-3 stars, its tends to be painful

Uh...... yeah, and the LB thing......

I'm loving the fast linebackers who can cover.  With the coaches preaching to use your speed, we may not have to suffer watching wide open running backs running free.  Thank the lord.  Heard on the fan that the defensive players are loving the new scheme because they can be aggressive.  Grady and Big Joe asked why in the world our defense wasn't aggressive the last few years.  Another case of what were you doing Chuck.

28 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't know, Colts are still short on depth to play the next man up game successfully.  

On my drive in this morning, the local sports radio started listing injuries from training camps.   I was pleased to not hear any Colts names mentioned.  

We're going to have injuries, every team does.  Like someone pointed out, except for Luck the 'next man up' at just about every position isn't that far of a drop.  And from what I'm hearing Brissett is looking really good too.

That's not saying we're deep, kind of just the opposite.  We're pretty much unproven at most positions.  So injuries aren't season killers.

People here will freak out over every injury, but it's part of the game. 

17 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

We're going to have injuries, every team does.  Like someone pointed out, except for Luck the 'next man up' at just about every position isn't that far of a drop.  And from what I'm hearing Brissett is looking really good too.

That's not saying we're deep, kind of just the opposite.  We're pretty much unproven at most positions.  So injuries aren't season killers.

People here will freak out over every injury, but it's part of the game. 

I think we are too thin.   Without major injuries, I think this team could reach 10-11 wins if things fall right.   If we lose key players, our "next man up" is not good enough to absorb the hit. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

How can you defend TY, Grant, Doyle, Ebron and Mack all at the same time? One of them is bound to be open. 

With two average CBS, two decent LBS, and a mediocre Safety.  I think we're letting Luck's recovery get to our heads a little bit here.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think we are too thin.   Without major injuries, I think this team could reach 10-11 wins if things fall right.   If we lose key players, our "next man up" is not good enough to absorb the hit. 

It's hard to say that when we don't even know who's starting in probably 9 different spots on D. 

I think the O is going to be really good.  I also think it will need to be because that Tampa 2 is going to be eaten up in chunks.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

It's hard to say that when we don't even know who's starting in probably 9 different spots on D. 

I think the O is going to be really good.  I also think it will need to be because that Tampa 2 is going to be eaten up in chunks.

You are right.  That is why I have a hard time understanding why we are not signing Breeland.  A young starting CB who fits our system.   I find it hard to believe we can't get a contract done.  I hope we are not being penny wise and pound foolish. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I hope Autry being the only guy to get some push on Nelson is a good sign on Nelson and not that the rest of our dline suck

I read a tweet that described Autry getting leverage on Nelson by using the "two hands on the facemask technique". Nelson did not retaliate. My guess is Autry made the future "tea bag" list for his moment in the sun.

5 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

The only injury that could deregulation the season is another one to luck, everyone else is just gonna be next man up. 

I think we'd be in pretty big trouble if Nelson, Kelly, or Castonzo were to go down with a serious injury. Yes, the depth we have on the OL is a lot better than it's been in a long while, but I don't think we can afford to lose either of those 3 for any substantial amount of time, as it could ultimately lead to Luck taking an increased amount of hits.

And with Hooker & Geathers both on PUP right now, any additional injuries to our safeties would also be really bad.

48 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You are right.  That is why I have a hard time understanding why we are not signing Breeland.  A young starting CB who fits our system.   I find it hard to believe we can't get a contract done.  I hope we are not being penny wise and pound foolish. 

He's entertaining offers from like 4 different teams right now, so if he ends up signing with the Colts, it'll be because he chose us, not the other way around.

28 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's entertaining offers from like 4 different teams right now, so if he ends up signing with the Colts, it'll be because he chose us, not the other way around.

As far as I know he has received only one offer.  A one year prove it deal between 7-8 mil reported by a Chiefs source.  All of the other teams have only confirmed visits.  I would think they discussed contracts but offers might not have been made.  We really don't know for sure.  He could have told them he wasn't interested in a prove it deal and some could have walked away.  I have to think he is negotiating with at least one team though.  Hopefully we find out soon.  

58 minutes ago, Douzer said:

I read a tweet that described Autry getting leverage on Nelson by using the "two hands on the facemask technique". Nelson did not retaliate. My guess is Autry made the future "tea bag" list for his moment in the sun.

Yup, he's screwed lol. Lipton for Autry!!

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Who says we haven't tried... takes two to agree to a contract

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I definitely think we have made an initial offer.  I just hope we keep working it until we get a deal done.  Hopefully that is why it's taken so long. 

Another monkey wrench may have been thrown into the mix.

As you know, Breeland received a 3/24 offer from Carolina that was withdrawn when he flunked his physical.     The CB the Panthers signed instead is Ross Cockrell.     Well,  yesterday,  Cockrell broke his leg.      I don't know what Carolina's cap situation is,   but I'm guessing that Carolina may have renewed interest in Breeland.     This is taking so long,  I'm guessing Breeland has multiple offers to choose from......

All just my hunch....     could be entirely off base.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

As you know, Breeland received a 3/24 offer from Carolina that was withdrawn when he flunked his physical.     The CB the Panthers signed instead is Ross Cockrell.     Well,  yesterday,  Cockrell broke his leg.      I don't know what Carolina's cap situation is,   but I'm guessing that Carolina may have renewed interest in Breeland.     This is taking so long,  I'm guessing Breeland has multiple offers to choose from......

The Panthers are in worse cap space than the Chargers... Theoretically, either team could make cap space by adjusting some contracts, but as it stands right now, neither can afford him. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

My guess is no team is willing to come close to his 3/24 contract he got in the spring. And outside of the Browns and Colts, a lot of  teams used up their cap space already. I think he's just waiting as long as possible hoping someone desperately needs a cb and are willing to break the bank for him.  The Chargers and panthers both fit that role but niether can really afford him 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

My guess is no team is willing to come close to his 3/24 contract he got in the spring. And outside of the Browns and Colts, a lot of  teams used up their cap space already. I think he's just waiting as long as possible hoping someone desperately needs a cb and are willing to break the bank for him.  The Chargers and panthers both fit that role but niether can really afford him 

I think you’re right, and there’s really no reason for him not to wait.  Eventually someone will get close to what he’s asking for, likely out of necessity.   

You really can’t blame him, their career window is so short, they need to make the best of the situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

That puts us in a good place actually.  He probably realizes he is not going to get close to that 3/24.   Another CB injury could happen at any time to any team.  Even to us God forbid.   His contract wouldn't kill us cap wise.  This just makes to much sense.  Hopefully both sides meet halfway.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That puts us in a good place actually.  He probably realizes he is not going to get close to that 3/24.   Another CB injury could happen at any time to any team.  Even to us God forbid.   His contract wouldn't kill us cap wise.  This just makes to much sense.  Hopefully both sides meet halfway.  

I really don't think he has an Huge impact either way. He might be a solid CB but I doubt he's one that's going to instantly transform the secondary

5 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I think we'd be in pretty big trouble if Nelson, Kelly, or Castonzo were to go down with a serious injury. Yes, the depth we have on the OL is a lot better than it's been in a long while, but I don't think we can afford to lose either of those 3 for any substantial amount of time, as it could ultimately lead to Luck taking an increased amount of hits.

And with Hooker & Geathers both on PUP right now, any additional injuries to our safeties would also be really bad.

If you ask me who would I rather be with or without of those 3 over Luck , I’m choosing luck all day. With the offense moving to a more up tempo get the ball out of lucks hand fast I think we’d be ok if either of those linemen sustained injury. As for the safeties we played without Geathers and Hooker for a majority of last season next guy up.