Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 7/31/18

TKnight24

23 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Relax.

Even Jacksonville is going to have issues covering that many players at once. 

Ha!  The defense gets to field just as many players as the offense.  Ramsey and Bouye can cover TY and Grant, Telvin Smith and Myles Jack can cover Doyle and Ebron, and Tashaun Gipson can cover Mack.  Our offensive firepower is nowhere close to their defensive firepower (but we're getting there).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Ha!  The defense gets to field just as many players as the offense.  Ramsey and Bouye can cover TY and Grant, Telvin Smith and Myles Jack can cover Doyle and Ebron, and Tashaun Gipson can cover Mack.  Our offensive firepower is nowhere close to their defensive firepower (but we're getting there).

I'm going to be labeled a homer, but I think we'll put up a lot more point on Jax than most people think. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

As for the safeties we played without Geathers and Hooker for a majority of last season next guy up.

Next guy up is a good theory & all, but it really only works if there's actually a "next guy" to step in. If Green or Farley were to get hurt, we'd have to sign someone off the street.

21 hours ago, Coltscrazy said:

I'm loving the fast linebackers who can cover.  With the coaches preaching to use your speed, we may not have to suffer watching wide open running backs running free.  Thank the lord.  Heard on the fan that the defensive players are loving the new scheme because they can be aggressive.  Grady and Big Joe asked why in the world our defense wasn't aggressive the last few years.  Another case of what were you doing Chuck.

3-4 defense are two gap; read your keys and react.  Our 4-3 is one gap, get up the field and tackle an RB on the way to the QB.  Scheme plays a big part... not just laying it on the HC or DC.

19 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Bingo! 

How can you defend TY, Grant, Doyle, Ebron and Mack all at the same time? One of them is bound to be open. 

19 hours ago, That Guy said:

With two average CBS, two decent LBS, and a mediocre Safety.  I think we're letting Luck's recovery get to our heads a little bit here.

exactly.  maybe rush 4, drop 7.  bracket cover the two best vertical threats (CB/FS, CB/SS) speediest best cover LB on Mack, and big Nickel safety or Nickel corner on Doyle, other LB on Ebron.  Eberflus has the designs for many situations, other teams DC’s do as well.

6 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Next guy up is a good theory & all, but it really only works if there's actually a "next guy" to step in. If Green or Farley were to get hurt, we'd have to sign someone off the street.

Sometimes it works.  Too much of the time ‘Next man up’ means we’re in trouble here...

13 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm going to be labeled a homer, but I think we'll put up a lot more point on Jax than most people think. 

We'll hopefully beat the ten and zero we put up last year.  I'm not counting on either of those games being a shootout, though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, csmopar said:

I really don't think he has an Huge impact either way. He might be a solid CB but I doubt he's one that's going to instantly transform the secondary

I feel differently on that.  I think he can have a big impact.  He is undoubtedly better than Farley who has moved on.  We have a second year corner who hopefully is going to be better and also be a solid contributor.  Everyone else are journey men corners with little experience but with potential upside.  Breeland shouldn't cost us a major contract and would give us a solid veteran presence and leadership.   He might even come for the same money Farley received from Oakland or what we offered Farley.  He's young enough to receive a multi year contract IMO.  CB is a weak area for us.  This signing would improve it immediately.  

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I wouldn’t be opposed, there are still some pretty good safeties out there Eric Reid for instance. I actually wish we would sign him now given our lack of depth. 

42 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

I wouldn’t be opposed, there are still some pretty good safeties out there Eric Reid for instance. I actually wish we would sign him now given our lack of depth. 

I'd be all for signing Breeland, Reid, & would even entertain the thought of bringing Hankins back into the mix.

10 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I feel differently on that.  I think he can have a big impact.  He is undoubtedly better than Farley who has moved on.  We have a second year corner who hopefully is going to be better and also be a solid contributor.  Everyone else are journey men corners with little experience but with potential upside.  Breeland shouldn't cost us a major contract and would give us a solid veteran presence and leadership.   He might even come for the same money Farley received from Oakland or what we offered Farley.  He's young enough to receive a multi year contract IMO.  CB is a weak area for us.  This signing would improve it immediately.  

When did Farley, (Matthias) move on?