Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hire the Next HC of the Colts(list updated 1/12/18)

csmopar

Hire the next HC!  

234 members have voted

1. 1. If you are the GM/Owner of the Colts, who would you hire from the names rumored to be in the hunt thus far....

• Josh McDaniels-OC Patriots
    • Dave Toub- ST Cord. Chiefs
    • Mike Vrabel-DC Texans
    • Kris Richard-DC Seahawks
    • Pat Schurmur-OC Vikings (unconfirmed 1070 the fan report)
    • Other: Please comment with who and why

3 minutes ago, eseae said:

yeah, Im new  to this forum, but Im not new to the colts or colts forums...back in the manning era I was a regular at the old indy star forum...it was invaded by pats fans who thought brady was better than manning, that the pats were better than the colts.  we fought them day in and day out....Jules was there too, she'll remember...they trolled us all day long, every day, but we stood firm, telling  them what a bunch of classless losers they were rooting for a classless bunch of cheating lying liars...one guys name was oneanddungy, shows what a bunch of classless losers they were......they actually defended their team running up the score in 2007....it was unreal.

when we said BB was a scumbag cheater, they said "you'd love have him". the response was unanimous from the REAL colts fans that made up that site: no, you can keep your cheating coaches, we want our titles to be asterisk free and win without cheating, which we did. god bless Dominic Rhoades, he should have been SB  mvp.  Not gonna complain too much about Peyton getting it though lol.

Now.....we cant wait to have a CONVICTED TWO TIME CHEATER (fact, not opinion) coach our team. what have we become? have we become pats fans willing to look the other way for wins?

when the old indy star forums shut down, I stepped away from forums for a while, but now that the future of the colts is up in the air and could go a lot of different ways,  its more fun to talk about so im back. talking about winning all the time like in the maning era got boring.....

so, in closing, know your audience before calling them names. If cheatdaniels (I coined that just now, BTW, in the good old days its what every colts fan would be calling him from here on out) ends up coaching the colts, I will be disappointed beyond words.   god bless!

17 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Interesting.  Bet you love Vinateri,eh, eseae?

cant tell you how disappointed I was by that signing...it was a knee jerk move that many colts fans, not just me disagreed with at the time. Im over it now...drove me crazy seeing briset here this year, but he was only with the pats for what, a year? so maybe he hasn't been corrupted yet. he performed admirably after our  super smart coaching staff couldn't get a back up plan for luck in place despite the fact that they knew it was iffy- at best- when  or if he'd play this year for MONTHS before.

if you had lived though the indy star wars of the 2000's, you'd understand where Im coming from.

I mean, all we do is call the chaetriots cheaters every chance we get, and RIGHTFULLY so, and now we want to hire one to coach our team????

this reminds me of what obi wan said to Anakin: you were supposed to destroy the sith, not join them!

how did it come to this?

give me a good ol straight shootin god fearing non-cheatin  country boy like Jim bob cooter any day!!!!!

18 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Hmmm.  We might be being trolled, boys and girls.

so a colts fan that challenges other fans to live up to their morals, offers legit colts football talk AND   trashes the pats in the process is somehow trolling? dude, you have a high standard around here lol.

Ive got my opinion, you have yours, that's what makes America great and will make America great again!

who's your choice my friend? nagy is gone, btw, bears.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, eseae said:

yeah, Im new  to this forum, but Im not new to the colts or colts forums...back in the manning era I was a regular at the old indy star forum...it was invaded by pats fans who thought brady was better than manning, that the pats were better than the colts.  we fought them day in and day out....Jules was there too, she'll remember...they trolled us all day long, every day, but we stood firm, telling  them what a bunch of classless losers they were rooting for a classless bunch of cheating lying liars...one guys name was oneanddungy, shows what a bunch of classless losers they were......they actually defended their team running up the score in 2007....it was unreal.

when we said BB was a scumbag cheater, they said "you'd love have him". the response was unanimous from the REAL colts fans that made up that site: no, you can keep your cheating coaches, we want our titles to be asterisk free and win without cheating, which we did. god bless Dominic Rhoades, he should have been SB  mvp.  Not gonna complain too much about Peyton getting it though lol.

Now.....we cant wait to have a CONVICTED TWO TIME CHEATER (fact, not opinion) coach our team. what have we become? have we become pats fans willing to look the other way for wins?

when the old indy star forums shut down, I stepped away from forums for a while, but now that the future of the colts is up in the air and could go a lot of different ways,  its more fun to talk about so im back. talking about winning all the time like in the maning era got boring.....

so, in closing, know your audience before calling them names. If cheatdaniels (I coined that just now, BTW, in the good old days its what every colts fan would be calling him from here on out) ends up coaching the colts, I will be disappointed beyond words.  let cheatdaniels take over the Patriots when Belichick retires.  

God bless!

You need to go relax man.  I didn't call you names at all.  Show me proof that I did.  

42 minutes ago, eseae said:

so, in closing, know your audience before calling them names. If cheatdaniels (I coined that just now, BTW, in the good old days its what every colts fan would be calling him from here on out) ends up coaching the colts, I will be disappointed beyond words.  let cheatdaniels take over the Patriots when Belichick retires.  

God bless!

Did you forget to take your meds?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, eseae said:

so a colts fan that challenges other fans to live up to their morals, offers legit colts football talk AND   trashes the pats in the process is somehow trolling? dude, you have a high standard around here lol.

Ive got my opinion, you have yours, that's what makes America great and will make America great again!

:troll:

On 1/3/2018 at 9:50 AM, bravo4460 said:

I would choose Matt Nagy.

What he has been able to do with Alex Smith and the whole KC offense has been incredible. He finds ways to get the playmakers such as T.Hill the ball and finds ways to get receivers open with his schemes. He also should get credit for some of his rookie running back success.

Now obviously he wouldn't be our OC but I think having a good offensive mind would be great and I think J.Mcdaniels is overrated.

I totally agree! I know Nagy is the one who confronted Marcus Peters in an incident. I like coaches who aren't afraid to confront players when needed. I don't understand at all what McDaniels has done to deserve so much attention as a head coach. What has he done?

• Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 9:17 AM, csmopar said:

If you were the Colts GM/Owner, pick who you'd hire.

These names come from confirmed interview requests and a couple are unconfirmed rumors/suggestions which are noted.  1 choice.  If you choice OTHER as an option, please say who and why. I know this is being debated across multiple forums, but as someone who likes to see quantitative data, thought a poll would be nice. Candidates will be removed as they are hired by other teams and more candidates added once confirmed.

I like Shurmur what he has done in Minnesota has been awesome.  I'm bet Keenum don't want him to leave Shurmer has made Keenum millions no matter where Keenum ends up next year. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, eseae said:

give me a good ol straight shootin god fearing non-cheatin  country boy like Jim bob cooter any day!!!!!

god fearing and country boy have nothing to do with the guy's ability to coach.  I'd rather have a good coach than one that's god fearing or a country boy.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I totally agree! I know Nagy is the one who confronted Marcus Peters in an incident. I like coaches who aren't afraid to confront players when needed. I don't understand at all what McDaniels has done to deserve so much attention as a head coach. What has he done?

Breaking now: Nagy hired as Bears HC]

Source https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bears-hiring-matt-nagy-as-new-coach-all-eyes-on-mitchell-trubiskys-development/

4 hours ago, eseae said:

boy, per the votes it's Mcdaniels by a landslide.....shame on you guys for wanting a dirty cheating (twice!!!!!!!! SEE DENVER SPYGATE) rule breaking soulless classless coach from those dirty cheatin deflatin watergatin tradegatin player cutting blizzard workin New England patriOTs(as Polian used to say) as the next great coach for our great classy  team. why don't we just hire SATAN????!!!!! did you guys root for the empire in star wars????????????

shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys could learn a lot from the REAL colts fans that used to post on the old indystar forum back in the manning era....they would rather have burned the stadium down and committed hari kari than see a former patriot running the the colts. real fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess losing will make people toss away their resolve, their morals, their values,  their class, their souls........

shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

give me jim bob cooter, he's done wonders with Stafford, we need a good offensive mind that wont turn our team into a bunch of soulless classless robots.......

Of course we rooted for the empire in Star Wars.  They had Darth * Vader.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Radio personality from KC said it was Toub who had the confrontation with Peters.

4 hours ago, eseae said:

I completely and one hundred Percent agree with you. McDaniels is a joke and if you don’t agree with masses you get gained up on like you are now. The best part is they will argue with you and have no facts or proof for their argument.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hmmm... pretty sure Saban won last night. Does that make him a good coach again?

yup.  now he is the best coach of all time.  we better get him.  Had he lost he would have been no good.  Like other's said about nagy.

20 hours ago, J@son said:

god fearing and country boy have nothing to do with the guy's ability to coach.  I'd rather have a good coach than one that's god fearing or a country boy.

Yeah that's probably a little hyperbole on my part, not so smooth way of saying one is a two-time convicted cheater and oneisn't, I'd rather go with the latter. Based on what he's done with Lions the guy can definitely coach. I have no doubt he would help luck and  the entire offense when/if luck ever gets back..

56 minutes ago, eseae said:

Yeah that's probably a little hyperbole on my part, not so smooth way of saying one is a two-time convicted cheater and oneisn't, I'd rather go with the latter. Based on what he's done with Lions the guy can definitely coach. I have no doubt he would help luck and  the entire offense when/if luck ever gets back..

Where do you come up with this convicted cheater stuff?  It was Kraft and Belichick who paid for their issues the first time and Kraft and Brady who paid the second time. Where do you drag McDaniels into this?

22 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

The thing about that is we have no clue as to where coaches confront their players. Just because a coach may do it publically or not we don't know what is said or done behind closed doors.

Some coaches may choose to address an issue in house with a player. Just because we don't see an issue being addressed does not mean it wasn't.

31 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Where do you come up with this convicted cheater stuff?  It was Kraft and Belichick who paid for their issues the first time and Kraft and Brady who paid the second time. Where do you drag McDaniels into this?

McDaniels did have his own videotaping thing while he was with the Broncos.

16 minutes ago, Finball said:

McDaniels did have his own videotaping thing while he was with the Broncos.

But it was Scarnecchia who did the taping (admitted he did it on his own) and took the blame and McDaniels fired him for it.

Yes, I had forgotten about that I must admit.

55 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

People memories seem to forget what Sabin done to the Dolphins. He out and out lied to the fan base saying over and over he was not going to leave and be the coach at Alabama.

He lied.

yeah, and when he was in the NFL, he wasnt all that great.  He'll stay in Bama

25 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is no reason to think he would ever leave Bama till he retires. Why should he?  He is legend there.

yeah and he is also 66

why not retire as the best coach ever in college rather than take on an nfl team that is going to need some time to turn things around.  say he did come here and was decent but not great.  what would that really do for him?  

On 1/8/2018 at 2:45 PM, eseae said:

God bless!

I remember those days well. haha I think I remember your name too unless you used a different one then, we had so many posters back then there. And yeah those were some wild forum days at that place. Loaded with Pats fans to the core and we did fight hard at times with little moderation around. lmao  

Fun times though even if it used to get frustrating. And the prayer threads etc. lmao Just the long long bumped up threads in general. 

As for our current coaching search I have not really paid attention to the details. The one I wanted and was ready to go all on board with for years was Jim Harbaugh but we know this isn't going to happen so it's not worth even getting into.

For the rest of them.........I guess I will get on board with whomever is hired or try to give him a fair shot. I don't know enough about some of the coaches on the list either to really give a fair answer.

McDaniels is kinda overrated IMO. So I don't know how I feel about this one, I am kinda iffy on Patriots people since often times it doesn't always carry out on other teams.

Also you are not wrong, back in those days we didn't want ANYTHING to do with any Pats coaches and did say we wanted to win the fair way etc.

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, eseae said:

boy, per the votes it's Mcdaniels by a landslide.....shame on you guys for wanting a dirty cheating (twice!!!!!!!! SEE DENVER SPYGATE) rule breaking soulless classless coach from those dirty cheatin deflatin watergatin tradegatin player cutting blizzard workin New England patriOTs(as Polian used to say) as the next great coach for our great classy  team. why don't we just hire SATAN????!!!!! did you guys root for the empire in star wars????????????

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:31 PM, eseae said:

totally agree with your description of his great attributes but zero coaching experience makes him a non candidate in my mind. your opinion may differ, but you're entitled to it!!!!  that America was made great and will be made great again!!!!!!!!

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:00 PM, eseae said:

this reminds me of what obi wan said to Anakin: you were supposed to destroy the sith, not join them!

how did it come to this?

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:06 PM, eseae said:

OK, time to do the Scooby Doo villain reveal........are you George Lucas or Donald Trump?