Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hire the Next HC of the Colts(list updated 1/12/18)

csmopar

Hire the next HC!  

234 members have voted

1. 1. If you are the GM/Owner of the Colts, who would you hire from the names rumored to be in the hunt thus far....

• Josh McDaniels-OC Patriots
    • Dave Toub- ST Cord. Chiefs
    • Mike Vrabel-DC Texans
    • Kris Richard-DC Seahawks
    • Pat Schurmur-OC Vikings (unconfirmed 1070 the fan report)
    • Other: Please comment with who and why

FWIW my opinion is that I will back whoever Ballard chooses. 

I can find flaws in all candidates, and I can find positives in all candidates, but all I can do is trust that Ballard is doing his due diligence and taking his time with the decision (exactly how I would want it) and he will make the decision with the best interests of the Indianapolis Colts at heart.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

FWIW my opinion is that I will back whoever Ballard chooses. 

I can find flaws in all candidates, and I can find positives in all candidates, but all I can do is trust that Ballard is doing his due diligence and taking his time with the decision (exactly how I would want it) and he will make the decision with the best interests of the Indianapolis Colts at heart.

I'm in the same boat.  Which is why I'm refraining from voting in my own poll.  I honestly do not envy Ballard right now

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 1/10/2018 at 3:29 AM, Jules said:

I remember those days well. haha I think I remember your name too unless you used a different one then, we had so many posters back then there. And yeah those were some wild forum days at that place. Loaded with Pats fans to the core and we did fight hard at times with little moderation around. lmao  

Fun times though even if it used to get frustrating. And the prayer threads etc. lmao Just the long long bumped up threads in general. 

As for our current coaching search I have not really paid attention to the details. The one I wanted and was ready to go all on board with for years was Jim Harbaugh but we know this isn't going to happen so it's not worth even getting into.

For the rest of them.........I guess I will get on board with whomever is hired or try to give him a fair shot. I don't know enough about some of the coaches on the list either to really give a fair answer.

McDaniels is kinda overrated IMO. So I don't know how I feel about this one, I am kinda iffy on Patriots people since often times it doesn't always carry out on other teams.

Also you are not wrong, back in those days we didn't want ANYTHING to do with any Pats coaches and did say we wanted to win the fair way etc.

Mannings Army was the principle NE troll if I recall correctly. More of a spoof account really. That is what made me switch to this forum, around 2004.....

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I’m fairly certain he’s not getting the job, so you can relax now.  Unless you’re a Packer, Brown, Dolphin....

I'm still not convinced he gets a job.  I am convinced he has a very good agent.

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

If he’s smart, he takes a job before Brady retires.  And I wouldn’t want to be the coach that follows BB in NE.  

Somebody reported that he was enthusiastic about the Browns job. I wonder whether that could affect the relationship between GM Dorsey and GM Ballard, if they sign him? :ninja:

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

If he’s smart, he takes a job before Brady retires.  And I wouldn’t want to be the coach that follows BB in NE.  

That's a big "if".......he drafted tebow in the 1st after all.

• Thanks 1