GoColts8818

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Chud is incompetent. His playcalling today was shameful. Our QB getting sacked left & right & you give him no easy quick hitters to get the ball out & get into a rhythm...  Chuck & his entire staff have become a detriment to this team’s growth & success.  

His play-calling has been bad for most of this season. I don't understand why we aren't running the same style as we did with Hasselback. Give the kid a chance back there.

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

There are so many ways he could’ve gotten his point across without belittling his teammates

See this is the thing. I don't think that was belittling, it wasn't positive, but- 10 sacks..

When BB says "Do your Job" people want to buy tee's with that slogan because it's so obvious, yet effective. When T.Y points out that the O line didn't "do their job" it's belittling? To make feel unimportant? Well, no, they're very important, they just sucked. T.Y could have said that and been dead on in that take too, but didn't. Mild take, not wrong, and probably defensible in so far as he's sticking up for his QB- if it all has to go through the prism of sports psychology.

I don't have the problem you do with this. I'm not really trying to change your mind.

Just now, The Fish said:

See this is the thing. I don't think that was belittling, it wasn't positive, but- 10 sacks..

When BB says "Do your Job" people want to buy tee's with that slogan because it's so obvious, yet effective. When T.Y points out that the O line didn't "do their job" it's belittling? To make feel unimportant? Well, no, they're very important, they just sucked. T.Y could have said that and been dead on in that take too, but didn't. Mild take, not wrong, and probably defensible in so far as he's sticking up for his QB- if it all has to go through the prism of sports psychology.

I don't have the problem you do with this. I'm not really trying to change your mind.

It depends on what the team thinks of TY

39 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Chud is incompetent. His playcalling today was shameful. Our QB getting sacked left & right & you give him no easy quick hitters to get the ball out & get into a rhythm...  Chuck & his entire staff have become a detriment to this team’s growth & success.  

i concur

36 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes it does when you have to pay big money to keep or bring in Stars on the O or D a position group suffers

In the Colts case it has been the OL

but also there has been some bad OL signings too

Meh, the salary cap has not been, is not, and moving forward should not be a hindrance to the Colts building a good OL. Poor drafting, lack of coaching/development, and injuries are why the line is bad. And it doesn't help that the offensive coaching acts like the OL is good. 

The Colts have highly paid players at several positions, including the most important position, and they'll be $70m under the cap next offseason. The cap isn't the issue. Draft well, keep your own good players, and be disciplined in free agency. 

44 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

To be fair: Venturi isn't wrong, but he's also not the coach of the colts designing their game plan. I appreciate TREMENDOUSLY his insight after a game and how he would do XYZ, but it's foolish to take it as "This is what the Colts are going to do" as he's not a coach for this team

Not what I was trying to say.

i am saying they should have done that.  I was just using it as an example of how the Colts game plans have been bad on offense and what a better option would have been.

15 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I would throw Rigo in there too

I thought about it, but I didn't watch the whole game and he actually played a few snaps so I wasn't sure if he shanked any punts or anything like that.

I'm just joking around and being stupid, though, because it's the only way that I can avoid being depressingly negative with every post.  There just isn't anything good to say about this game.

3 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

I thought about it, but I didn't watch the whole game and he actually played a few snaps so I wasn't sure if he shanked any punts or anything like that.

I'm just joking around and being stupid, though, because it's the only way that I can avoid being depressingly negative with every post.  There just isn't anything good to say about this game.

The two forced fumbles that’s about it.  

I think it’s well past time someone, anyone, starts speaking the truth.  It’s been nothing but the opposite so far, and I don’t think it’s been a benefit or a positive at all.  To the contrary, when people who aren’t really that good are told they’re doing fine, things are great, all the problems are fixed, you end up with a group who may well feel like the works been done.  It’s one thing to encourage and compliment jobs well done, but it’s another thing entirely to tell the world “the line is fixed” and then deliver the performances we continue to see. 

Maybe some honest discussions about effort and want-to and desire needs to be had in that locker room.  Sure doesn’t seem to me there’s a lot of fire or interest.   I think this is a positive - or can be.  Heck, it can’t get much more negative. 

1 hour ago, MTC said:

He's not wrong, but Brissett needs to throw the ball out quicker. 

Yeah, but to where?  Out of bounds?  Nobody is open.  Brissett has the arm strength to jam it in tight windows on timing patterns, but does he have the accuracy to do it while under pressure?

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Hilton stunk today. Should just shut up.

So did Antonio Brown against Bouye. His statement is another reason Pagano should be gone. If he doesn't tell him to keep his mouth shut, something is wrong with him. Well, that we don't already know of. 

26 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

I knew you were and I thought Rigo had a nice game

1 hour ago, Superman said:

The receivers are reliant on the QB throwing them the ball, and the QB is reliant on the OL blocking. Hilton maybe hasn't played great, but he hasn't been the problem, IMO.

And yeah, the 10 sacks aren't all on the line, but we all know the line is bad, has been bad, likely will continue to be bad. And the bigger issue, IMO, is the play calling, but Hilton didn't call out the coach, so...

This line has been terrible since Polian let Jake Scott walk and made Ryan Lilja the SB scapegoat. Never even came close to "fixing" it. Naturally started with Glenn retiring but we somehow did get past that until losing the 2 guards. 

That said , just take a look at that hot pile of "call it what you want " out there now. Both guard spots are terrible , the RT is a versatile back up , the LT is average and overpaid and the center now can't stay healthy .  The 2016 draft is now looking to be every bit as bad as the 2015 one.  This roster is just so so bad....

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yeah, but to where?  Out of bounds?  Nobody is open.  Brissett has the arm strength to jam it in tight windows on timing patterns, but does he have the accuracy to do it while under pressure?

Agreed. If someone was getting open, Brissett would throw it to them.

10 minutes ago, IinD said:

Chud it's also causing Brissett to hold it longer.

Every route is a downfield route. He's a terrible play caller.

We should be dumping it off the majority of the time sprinkling in a deep shot.

Chuds strategy to helping Brissett stop holding the ball so long appears to be getting rid of the dumpoff entirely, flanking the RB out wide and running 5 intermediate/deep routes.

Just a wing and a prayer that a few hard shots will teach Brissett to force passes into coverage. Thatll fix the offense! :lol::wall:

Just now, SaturdayAllDay said:

Chuds strategy to helping Brissett stop holding the ball so long appears to be getting rid of the dumpoff entirely, flanking the RB out wide and running 5 intermediate/deep routes.

Just a wing and a prayer that a few hard shots will teach Brissett to force passes into coverage. Thatll fix the offense! :lol::wall:

Exactly.

Shouldn't we be giving him easier things to do.

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

What he said is like a English teacher telling the locals that the reason the school is not dong is because of the Math Department

It will not go over well

It obviously won't go over well, that doesn't mean it isn't true. 

2 hours ago, Nadine said:

I don't think a member of this team escapes some responsibility for that trainwreck

Exactly...you know a team has lost it when fingers start getting pointed. Everyone could do a better job..receivers, defense, qb, line, coaches. TY is a lot of people’s hero for Colts fans and this is what he chooses to do with his leadership...my hero once stated “Let him without sin cast the first stone”... to me the it’s pretty clear which route I would take.

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

It obviously won't go over well, that doesn't mean it isn't true. 

How does this help the team to call out his teammates in public...we might be able to find some more “truth” if we want to just examine TYs play this year...he isn’t exactly perfect.