GoColts8818

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be clear....

There is a "cooling off period" right after games.    I think it's 10 minutes before the media is allowed in.    Doors are closed.  Players should know how to handle themselves in these situations.

You say...   "None of us are doing our jobs well right now.    When you lose as bad as we did today then all of us are to blame.   We all need step up our game or history will repeat itself."

That's not hard to say.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

How does this help the team to call out his teammates in public...we might be able to find some more “truth” if we want to just examine TYs play this year...he isn’t exactly perfect.

Let's not conflate two different things. I said it's true, I didn't say it's good. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

To be clear....

There is a "cooling off period" right after games.    I think it's 10 minutes before the media is allowed in.    Doors are closed.  Players should know how to handle themselves in these situations.

You say...   "None of us are doing our jobs well right now.    When you lose as bad as we did today then all of us are to blame.   We all need step up our game or history will repeat itself."

That's not hard to say.

I respect your opinion,  but just stop.   None of us has ever been in that position.    10 sacks is a bunch.    I get he should have given the robot answer.   But 10 sacks.    Someone has to say something 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

To be clear....

That's not hard to say.

So true

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

To be clear....

That's not hard to say.

He shouldn't have said what he said, I think we all agree there. But it's hard for me to be upset with him. We expect players to always say the right things and never step out of their lanes, and usually they do a good job. They also usually give really boring answers that don't give any information. 

Hilton said something that's abundantly true and plainly obvious, something everyone was thinking and no one can legitimately refute what he said. I'm kind of glad he said it, even though he was out of line saying it. 

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

Let's not conflate two different things. I said it's true, I didn't say it's good. 

I’m not meaning to attack you...but if truth is what we are seeking there is plenty more we can turn up. None of which would probably helpful to be publically putting out there from one player towards another. The media was going to already take the OL to task after this game... no reason for a teammate to pile on just for the sake of truth.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I respect your opinion,  but just stop.   None of us has ever been in that position.    10 sacks is a bunch.    I get he should have given the robot answer.   But 10 sacks.    Someone has to say something 

What?

Look at the thread...   see how many other posters have said some version of TY shouldn't have said that.   To keep it behind closed doors.   To not air dirty laundry.    On and on.     Are you telling them to "just stop"..??

I simply demonstrated what TY could have,  and should have said. 

Just because you you agree with TY's sentiment doesn't make it right.   His comment was unprofessional.

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Possibly but not to the media...fact is lots of teams get blown out week to week for years on end..how often do you hear a guy call out his teammates while taking no blame on himself....not very often if ever...that should tell you a lot even if none of us have been in that position.

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What?

Look at the thread...   see how many other posters have said some version of TY shouldn't have said that.   To keep it behind closed doors.   To not air dirty laundry.    On and on.     Are you telling them to "just stop"..??

I simply demonstrated what TY could have,  and should have said. 

Just because you you agree with TY's sentiment doesn't make it right.   His comment was unprofessional.

I agree it was unprofessional, but it is one I will give him a pass on.

When Peyton did it, it was way worse because it was a playoff game. Everyone helped get him there, so he shouldn't have said it.

This is one where I think it may be a little less of a crime. I do agree both are wrong though, but I'm sure he's frustrated and I can sympathize with him.

10 sacks is truly embarrassing honestly. It's lower then bad.

I was very glad Andrew wasn't in that game.

I don't much care if somebody said something.  honestly, it was such a disaster on so many levels.  Listening to the coach on the radio afterwards, I just really wanted him to say something besides, 'sometimes it's tough'

Give me some sense that you even know what went wrong.

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

I don't much care if somebody said something.  honestly, it was such a disaster on so many levels.  Listening to the coach on the radio afterwards, I just really wanted him to say something besides, 'sometimes it's tough'

It never works that way

At least he talked to the media

30 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I know all coaches do it to an extent, but hearing Pagano saying "We will get things cleaned up" etc.. is just old and stale at this point. Its all talk. 

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

I know all coaches do it to an extent, but hearing Pagano saying "We will get things cleaned up" etc.. is just old and stale at this point. Its all talk. 

Agreed, give us something. Nothing earth shattering, but say we didn't do A B C correctly and we've got to work on that and we've gotta come up with some better game planning because this isn't acceptable.

Then have them come out like we practiced and prepared all week. 

No reason we shouldn't be competitive as a minimum, not saying we have to win every game.

56 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m not meaning to attack you...but if truth is what we are seeking there is plenty more we can turn up. None of which would probably helpful to be publically putting out there from one player towards another. The media was going to already take the OL to task after this game... no reason for a teammate to pile on just for the sake of truth.

This is one of those 'he who is without sin' kind of comments, and I'm not with it.

It's not Hilton's place to publicly criticize his teammates, and in that regard, he shouldn't have said what he said, at least not to whom he said it and when.

But whether Hilton had a good game or a bad game, whether he was perfect or a complete joke from start to finish, what he said was clearly and obviously 100% true. The OL was abysmal, and we all know it. We don't have to talk about it in hushed tones and in dark corners, and it doesn't take a perfect person or player to recognize how bad the OL was.

We also don't have to act like the OL was on the only bad part of the game. There's plenty of blame to go around, but when you give up 10 sacks and a bunch of pressures, the OL is an obvious starting point.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Agreed, give us something. Nothing earth shattering, but say we didn't do A B C correctly and we've got to work on that and we've gotta come up with some better game planning because this isn't acceptable.

Then have them come out like we practiced and prepared all week. 

No reason we shouldn't be competitive as a minimum, not saying we have to win every game.

Right after or at half time of a game never produces productive sound bites

1 hour ago, Superman said:

He shouldn't have said what he said, I think we all agree there. But it's hard for me to be upset with him. We expect players to always say the right things and never step out of their lanes, and usually they do a good job. They also usually give really boring answers that don't give any information. 

Hilton said something that's abundantly true and plainly obvious, something everyone was thinking and no one can legitimately refute what he said. I'm kind of glad he said it, even though he was out of line saying it. 

After watching that game , why would anyone bother to bring up what Hilton said about the O line play ? I could care less and if somebody called Hilton out for disappearing the last 2 games , I again could care less. This team's problem is whiffing on the 2013 draft , the 2014 draft , the 2015 draft and the 2016 draft. How many 'legit " (good starters) football players are there  from those 4 drafts if Mewhort can't fully recover ?  

Maybe 3 ?  Geathers , Anderson (I'm being generous) and Kelly ? 

I'm going to worry about Hilton calling out that hot mess of an Offensive line ? 

6 minutes ago, dw49 said:

After watching that game , why would anyone bother to bring up what Hilton said about the O line play ? I could care less and if somebody called Hilton out for disappearing the last 2 games , I again could care less. This team's problem is whiffing on the 2013 draft , the 2014 draft , the 2015 draft and the 2016 draft. How many 'legit " (good starters) football players are there  from those 4 drafts if Mewhort can't fully recover ?  

Maybe 3 ?  Geathers , Anderson (I'm being generous) and Kelly ? 

I'm going to worry about Hilton calling out that hot mess of an Offensive line ? 

That's it, plain and simple. This roster isn't good because we haven't drafted well. And honestly, you can go back several drafts into the final years of Polian and see that this has been going on for a long time. It's mostly been masked by really good QB play. I gave Chuck and Co credit for keeping it together in 2015 when Luck was out, but they haven't done anything close to that so far this season. 

Which brings me to the other issue, and that's the coaching staff. I'm really irritated with what's going on and what's been going on, but I'm not overwhelmed with frustration or anger because I fully expect a new coaching staff in 2018. Ballard seems to be the real deal -- almost everything I've disagreed with him on, he's been proven right. And I assume he'll hire a really good coaching staff. And of course, Luck should be 100%. I think things will be better moving forward, but there's no denying this year's group is basically stuck in the mud.

To call out the OL, while shielding himself, and any of the WR, from any blame just shows his ego is 10X the size of his character. You want to make a comment, great, but you better be prepared to take your share of the heat for pis* poor performance- and not your first one by the way. 

He is a fair weather player, celebrates himself when he does well and gets his glory. But no accountability. He can go with the rest, not a piece you build around.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

That's it, plain and simple. This roster isn't good because we haven't drafted well. And honestly, you can go back several drafts into the final years of Polian and see that this has been going on for a long time. It's mostly been masked by really good QB play. I gave Chuck and Co credit for keeping it together in 2015 when Luck was out, but they haven't done anything close to that so far this season. 

Which brings me to the other issue, and that's the coaching staff. I'm really irritated with what's going on and what's been going on, but I'm not overwhelmed with frustration or anger because I fully expect a new coaching staff in 2018. Ballard seems to be the real deal -- almost everything I've disagreed with him on, he's been proven right. And I assume he'll hire a really good coaching staff. And of course, Luck should be 100%. I think things will be better moving forward, but there's no denying this year's group is basically stuck in the mud.

I didn't bring up the last 4-5 Polian drafts as we already have gone through that string of disasters many times. Think it had anything to do with Bill promoting his boy ? 

That's it. I want Pagano gone RIGHT NOW! This very second. I was a proponent of not firing him now(but rather in the off-season) so he can propel us to a better pick and because I don't see much upside to an interim coach. A while ago I listed a few reasons why we might want to fire him now and at the time I thought none of them held up. That's no longer the case - one of the reasons I think you should fire a coach mid-season is if he loses the locker room and they start bickering and pointing fingers at each other. We don't know what happens behind closed doors, but this is out there in the public obvious and apparent fracture and finger pointing at a whole position group. (He's not even wrong, but you cannot say that... you cannot let this cat out of the bag and feel comfortable continuing to share lockerroom and rely on that group to play for this guy). It's over IMO. It should be over.

Do you think he would have said it if there would be repercussions? The season is over. Now it is about watching our depth play to see who will be on the roster next year. 

T.Y is making it clear. Without a line that can pass block, there will be no offense. He didn't mention anyone in particular. He mentioned the group. I'm completely fine with a veteran leader in the locker room speaking on an issue that hasn't been fixed since he's been in the league. 

He waited what, six years? 

I think it's time to start speaking about the real problems. For some reason we let the problems on defense overshadow our ineptitude on offense. 

What did Ballard say'?

"We should be able to win games, regardless of who the Quarterback is.". And any quarterback getting sacked 10 times in a game is going to have a terrible day.

AND PLEASE stop blaming our receivers. 

13 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

TY Hilton: "Our o-lines just got to play better...we've got to take pride up front and block for him (Brissett). What if we put them back there and take those hits? ..."

Gooood. Goooooood. Use your aggressive nature, boy. Let the hate swell in you.

image.jpeg.fe5b4c55cf3deeef4181ec2c678d79a0.jpeg

11 hours ago, Superman said:

This is one of those 'he who is without sin' kind of comments, and I'm not with it.

It's not Hilton's place to publicly criticize his teammates, and in that regard, he shouldn't have said what he said, at least not to whom he said it and when.

But whether Hilton had a good game or a bad game, whether he was perfect or a complete joke from start to finish, what he said was clearly and obviously 100% true. The OL was abysmal, and we all know it. We don't have to talk about it in hushed tones and in dark corners, and it doesn't take a perfect person or player to recognize how bad the OL was.

We also don't have to act like the OL was on the only bad part of the game. There's plenty of blame to go around, but when you give up 10 sacks and a bunch of pressures, the OL is an obvious starting point.

Gotcha no doubt. I would expect anyone "inside" the locker room to speak up about the play...regardless of position group etc. I'm talking going to the public and purposely pointing out one group of guys when all phases played poorly today. I can understand his frustrations but it wasn't like the line cost them this game. Anyone with eyes could see that many of the sacks were coverage sacks. Also when your down 4 scores you get very predictable and start throwing every down the defense is going to tee off on the qb and start running more pass coverage defenses...it just compounds on itself. If you ask me today...the line wasn't even the worst problem we had and that's saying A LOT. Was it bad...of course...unacceptable certainly but you have a qb that doesn't know the offense very well, has no real chemistry with the wrs, likes to hold onto the ball, a defense that puts us in a hole, and unimaginative play calling that's a recipe for disaster. The line is just a part of that. So...while I am all for leadership and holding your teammates accountable and giving some tough love...piling on in the post game press conference wasn't the time or place and it doesn't take someone having been in that situation to know better. I've been on the other side of a butt whooping before..it stinks...but I didn't lay blame even though I know some guys let us down....no different now in the corporate world...I don't throw another department under the bus. So while there was truth to what he was saying it did no good to say it in the manner and setting he did...so that is why I was upset. It's bad enough we aren't putting a very competitive team on the field. On top of that we got players doing things during the ceremonies that at a minimum upsets at least 1/2 the fans probably more considering the demographics of the state. Now you seem to have guys pointing fingers at one another...its very off putting and very sad to me...and a big turn off to say the least. I have mostly been pretty reasonable with the Coach thing. I haven't liked what I'm seeing but I want to give him a chance to grow and learn and considering the options that are available I've been ok and supportive of him. If this is the direction the team is headed...my faith in Chucks leadership is all but gone now. 

16 hours ago, The Fish said:

That's fine.

There's a case a WR should probably let that comment be, but I think again, there's an exception and it's not dirty laundry.. It's a festering pile of #2. 

I'll bet you a dollar not one guy on the line will have a problem with it, publicly. And privately it'd probably be a "team game, blah blah blah, stay in your lane" kind of complaint. Whatever. He's the highest profile guy. 

Thanks for that Fish.
  First off, TY said he believes it IS NOT a getting open problem.
   TY actually did the O-Line players WE HAVE, a favor. We are not in the position to change the players to improve ourselves now.
  TY just put Pressure on the coaching staff "Chud".
  Another bad game or two and he will likely be replaced by Schottenheimer.

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Gooood. Goooooood. Use your aggressive nature, boy. Let the hate swell in you.

image.jpeg.fe5b4c55cf3deeef4181ec2c678d79a0.jpeg

16 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

TY Hilton: "Our o-lines just got to play better...we've got to take pride up front and block for him (Brissett). What if we put them back there and take those hits? ..."

You know whats funny...these guys get "HIT" every single down for 4 quarters with guys falling on their legs, helmet to helmet, and basically 300 lb guys falling on them every single play. TY has NO CLUE how hard they play. Honestly I played TE in high school....and I cherished EVERY single route I got to run because on running downs...I was having to hit DEs and LBs and it was not "fun". I'd go home with bruises EVERYWHERE and all up and down my arms. Sorry to all the TY fans out there but that kind of attitude just burns me up. This guy gets all the glory on Sundays when he gets to run free and catch TD passes because of this OL giving the qb time to throw him the ball. Maybe he should take some pride and finish a run instead of diving on the ground a yard short of the first down or looking for the sidelines. Dang...I need to take a break lol...team playing so bad they've got me mad lol. I just don't like this version of the Indianapolis Colts...not one bit...and it isn't even that they are losing...its how they lose and how they are acting...from start to finish on and "off" the field.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:
  • I need to take a break lol...team playing so bad they've got me mad lol. I just don't like this version of the Indianapolis Colts...not one bit...and it isn't even that they are losing...its how they lose and how they are acting...from start to finish on and "off" the field.

You don't need to apologize to me at least. I get you.

15 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

This locker room is exploding right before our eyes.

I don't see how Pagano keeps his job this offseason.

I don't see how he keeps his job past this afternoon.

Joe Staysniak called Hilton a "*" who doesn't understand football on his show a little bit ago and said he would have him by the throat if he was still playing.  Said he is a child and all the WR's are following his lead.  He also said Hilton's comments will go un punished by the coaching staff because Pagano is not a leader either and is afraid to put people in there place.