TY toss the line under the bus

GoColts8818

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the season is now officially over. You can say "what-if's" all you want, but back-to-back loses against divisional opponents -- neither being the true test, which is Houston -- and our star player calling others out with Luck no where in sight. It's done. We could have maybe made a case Luck could be healthy by the playoffs, but the playoffs are a distant memory now.

Oh, and if you want insult to injury... Hooker.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Can't say that about your teammates.

But they did give up half a seasons' worth of sacks in one game...

I am not going to defend the line but a lot of those sacks cane because Brissett was holding the ball because no one was open.

TY needs to careful or fingers are going to be pointed at him and the receivers too.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I am not going to defend the line but a lot of those sacks cane because Brissett was holding the ball because no one was open.

TY needs to careful or fingers are going to be pointed at him and the receivers too.

The receivers are reliant on the QB throwing them the ball, and the QB is reliant on the OL blocking. Hilton maybe hasn't played great, but he hasn't been the problem, IMO.

And yeah, the 10 sacks aren't all on the line, but we all know the line is bad, has been bad, likely will continue to be bad. And the bigger issue, IMO, is the play calling, but Hilton didn't call out the coach, so...

1 minute ago, Superman said:

The receivers are reliant on the QB throwing them the ball, and the QB is reliant on the OL blocking. Hilton maybe hasn't played great, but he hasn't been the problem, IMO.

And yeah, the 10 sacks aren't all on the line, but we all know the line is bad, has been bad, likely will continue to be bad. And the bigger issue, IMO, is the play calling, but Hilton didn't call out the coach, so...

The WR Corp must catch the ball or even goes wrong

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Three catches in two games and outside of the two wins next to nothing I disagree TY hasn’t been a problem.

They show some of these sacks or scrambles by Brissett on replay and you see no one is open.  You can have the best line in football with Peyton Manning if no ones open it doesn’t matter.

honestly I think all three parts of the passing game, line, QB, and, receivers are struggling.

for the record I also agree the play calling isn’t helping anyone.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Which he’s not doing because guys aren’t open.  That’s why it’s a team game TY.  His hands aren’t clean in this.

Chud doesn't know what a short passing game is. O line can't block worth a crap and hes still calling too many long developing plays.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Three catches in two games and outside of the two wins next to nothing I disagree TY hasn’t been a problem.

They show some of these sacks or scrambles by Brissett on replay and you see no one is open.  You can have the best line in football with Peyton Manning if no ones open it doesn’t matter.

honestly I think all three parts of the passing game, line, QB, and, receivers are struggling.

Surface level, it's easy to say 'no one is open, the receivers aren't playing well.' But we all know our passing concepts are terrible. 

When the QB gets sacked 10 times and hit another 15 times, it's just silly to blame the receivers. Any of them. Football starts up front. The receivers can't catch the ball if the QB can't throw it, and the QB can't throw it if he doesn't have time. It's Football 101.

This isn't the game to act like Hilton isn't playing well.