Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Titans Monday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Fans want to see the franchise play.  MIA isn't beating PITT or KC for the AFCC anyway.
    • Only team I could think of would potentially be New England if Cam and the Patriots don't turn it around and if Belichick comes back.  The only reason I say that is because Jacoby is a disciplined player who doesn't turn the ball over much and he has familiarity with NE.  I think Belichick could win with him being basically a game manager, and if NE drafts a QB who they want to develop, I could see Jacoby making sense for them as a short-term solution.     Highly doubt we could trade Jacoby for a 3rd.  I don't think he's any better than Dalton, anyway.
    • Steelers will win and be on their way to a #1 seed and first round bye. With the Pat's seemingly looking like their out of the way it's the NFL's other favorite stepchild's turn for a super bowl.
    • By the end of this year, barring injury, Rivers will definitely be top 5 All-Time in Passing Yards.  He'll likely be top 5 in passing TDs.  I am with you, the HOF has a lot of factors, but they aren't selecting 'teams' they are selecting individual players.  The fact Rivers doesn't have a SB will likely hurt him in the eyes of some voters, and it's the only thing I think which could keep him from being first ballot (potentially along with his retiring class and who else is on the ballot).  Eli likely won't return to the NFL, so he'll be eligible at least one year prior to Rivers - I don't see Eli as first ballot, but he'll get in.... I could see some voters selecting him over Rivers if Eli isn't in the same year Rivers is eligible.  Rivers will also be retiring likely around the same time as Big Ben, Brees, Brady, and some other guys who are sure-shot first ballot HOFers like Larry Fitzgerald, Jason Witten, Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, etc...   That said, it'd be pretty darn hard for a person on the selection committee to have a good argument as to why he/she decided to not vote in a quarterback (the most important position in NFL football) who had top 5 career statistics.   Another interesting stat on Rivers: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/av_career.htm  He's 12th all time in approximate value.  Every guy ahead of him who has been eligible for the HOF is in the HOF and most players behind him, all the way down to 100 are in the HOF if they've been eligible to be there.  Heck, if you look at the top 50 of all time, the only two who haven't gotten in and have been eligible are Kenny Anderson and Jim Tryer (tied for 49).     Also, to Rivers' credit on not having a SB.... look at the AFC superbowl representative since 2004-2005 (the year Rivers was drafted, even though he didn't start full-time until 2006).     2004 - New England (Brady) 2005 - Pittsburgh (Ben) 2006 - Indy (Peyton) 2007 - New England (Brady) 2008 - Pittsburgh (Ben) 2009 - Indy (Peyton) 2010 - Pittsburgh (Ben) 2011 - New England (Brady) 2012 - Baltimore (Flacco - who had a great post-season run but had an absolutely stacked D, arguably the best D ever) 2013 - Denver (Peyton) 2014 - New England (Brady) 2015 - Denver (Peyton) 2016 - New England (Brady) 2017 - New England (Brady) 2018 - New England (Brady) 2019 - KC (Mahommes)   Never before in NFL history has a team (New England with Brady and Belichick) been that dominant for such a long stretch.  I think everyone would agree that Brady, Peyton and Big Ben are all HOF QBs.  Flacco, highly unlikely.  Mahommes, if he stays healthy, may go down with a strong case of being the GOAT.     Not like Rivers has had it easy in the AFC since he's been in the league.  The Colts were the winningest team of any decade in NFL history and made it to the SB twice during that stretch.  Brady/Bellichick were so dominant for so long together.  Flacco won it on a team with a top 5 defense of all time.  Mahommes and Ben are no slouches and had very good coaches and teams when they won.  
    • I think one clue might be looking at the FA QB market this off-season.  It is pretty weak overall. So it might come down to what QB-needy teams do in the draft and whether or not they can get a guy they want to start right away.  If not, Jacoby might find himself in an advantageous situation.  But this off-season QB market is going to help his chances.
  • Members

• Rackeen305

Rackeen305 494

• buccolts

buccolts 4,920

• DougDew

DougDew 4,176

• yahootmagooty

yahootmagooty 3

Rookie
    • stitches

stitches 9,565