Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't sleep on SF, this game is NOT a gimmie!

NewColtsFan

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I rest comfortably knowing the fans can sleep on anyone as much as they want it won’t impact the game.  I really doubt there is need to worry that the Colts players and coaches are sleeping on anyone right now.

Agreed. I doubt anyone on this team gets much sleep lately. We are a few more losses in a row from a firestorm. 

43 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Mod Note

I had to remove a number of posts in this topic because it descended into a personal argument that no one else needs to see. I shouldn't need to remind the more established posters of the rules. Attacking the topic/argument/post is fine, personal attacks are not. It seems to be a worrying trend on here right now when having no substantive rebuttal to a poster to fall back on calling them a troll. 

Can I also remind posters that having a large number of posts is in no way a indicator of a posters standing on these boards, nor is the number of likes. Quality vs quantity and all that, besides, it's sad that a system that is used as a way of posters to show their appreciation to others is being used a cosh to beat down other posters. I mean really... comparing likes.. it's just a urine production contest. Many people contribute to this board in many ways, and not all show up in the number of posts or likes. 

If you don't like a post or topic, either ignore it or find a constructive way to put forward your counter argument. Same as if someone says something that disagrees with you. 

I've written and deleted a post. 

I'll send my response to you privately.

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know at first glance you can look at the 49ers record and see 0-4 and think they suck and we should win easily.

But I think that's very, VERY misleading.

What you may not know is that SF has lost their last 3 games by the grand total of......    8 points!     That's EIGHT points over three games!

The 49ers lost by 3, 2 and 3 in their last 3 games.      This team is dramatically improved.      A win tomorrow is NOT a lock.     The 9ers have talent.

Do I think we should win?     Yes --- home field advantage.       Do I think we WILL win?      Yes, the team knows it can't blow opportunities against an opponent it canb eat.

But it's not a lock.      I expect a tough, hard fought game that we win by maybe 4.....   something like 24-20.

And I won't feel confident until I see the clock show 0:00 and the Colts have more points.

Gotta have a win!!          :colts:

I agree in this league there is no such thing as a gimmie anyways.

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know at first glance you can look at the 49ers record and see 0-4 and think they suck and we should win easily.

But I think that's very, VERY misleading.

What you may not know is that SF has lost their last 3 games by the grand total of......    8 points!     That's EIGHT points over three games!

The 49ers lost by 3, 2 and 3 in their last 3 games.      This team is dramatically improved.      A win tomorrow is NOT a lock.     The 9ers have talent.

Do I think we should win?     Yes --- home field advantage.       Do I think we WILL win?      Yes, the team knows it can't blow opportunities against an opponent it canb eat.

But it's not a lock.      I expect a tough, hard fought game that we win by maybe 4.....   something like 24-20.

And I won't feel confident until I see the clock show 0:00 and the Colts have more points.

Gotta have a win!!          :colts:

Why would anybody think any game is a gimme? SF has played better football despite not having a win. And they didn't get killed by Seattle or LA either. I'll be suprised if the Colts win tbh.

We are 1-3 and arguably have played 4 good quarters of football out of 16, and those 4 weren't even in the same game.....I don't see a "gimmie" anywhere on the schedule.....as a fan this one will be enjoyable because the chance to win is greater than most match up's appear to be given our current level of play....that and all the pomp and circumstance with the ceremony of the tin man in front of the luke....and the #18 being laid to rest et. al.

16 hours ago, The Fish said:

The Colts should probably win, only because of home field. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't. They're going to need to actually score points, because I think the 9ers will get to 25 give or take a few points.

A blowout would be a unmitigated disaster and this team is capable of being blown out. That's what I'm hoping they avoid- a loss like the one to the Cardinals would be par for the course. 

The LOS has never really given the team a home-field boost, IMO.

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I hope you're right...   I hope I've over-stated the case.   Perhaps a poor word choice on my part.

BUT....

If we find a way to lose its not hard to predict a huge number of posts that will note that we lost to a win-less team...   a team in the running for the first overall draft pick next year...   and on and on...

I'd like to avoid that if at all possible....

The matchup isn't favorable for us at all. Defensively they've got Thomas and Buckner who are playing well. Armstead could cause problems. At least we get Kelly back. 

Carlos Hyde seems to be having a resurgence so he could cause problems. Sometimes it's not about the record of the team, but the matchups.

10 hours ago, ColtStrong said:

It's all good. I believe we're closer than people think. I know it's a win-now league, but the moves we've made will pan out soon. I truly believe it.

I’m optimistic about the team’s potential post-Pagano. I want Ballard to have the freedom to pick his own guy.  I believe he will continue to add talent to the roster and eventually change the culture, discipline and mental toughness of this team. Not sure if the Luck era will be as successful in terms of Super Bowls as we hoped it would be initially. But hopefully we can at least get back to being a consistent post season participant. Our division is getting much better as well which will make things that much tougher. 

49 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

The LOS has never really given the team a home-field boost, IMO.

Agreed. The Hoosier Dome on the other hand, well that was one loud igloo on Game Day. LOS has never come close to rivaling the noise we made in the Dome. 

38 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Agreed. The Hoosier Dome on the other hand, well that was one loud igloo on Game Day. LOS has never come close to rivaling the noise we made in the Dome. 

Well, there's no shortage of cynics that will tell you that the Dome wasn't "naturally" loud... I dunno if that whole deal ever got any further than being a rumor or not..

I will say that when Luck came back on the Chefs, LOS was stupid loud. Just as loud as Peyton's first playoff win against Denver in 02/03?

The size of the building obviously plays in to it, but lets be fair, Colts audiences don't exactly illicit the same vibe as the Black Hole. A bunch of middle age, Hoosiers are only going to be so rowdy. 

36 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Well, there's no shortage of cynics that will tell you that the Dome wasn't "naturally" loud... I dunno if that whole deal ever got any further than being a rumor or not..

I will say that when Luck came back on the Chefs, LOS was stupid loud. Just as loud as Peyton's first playoff win against Denver in 02/03?

The size of the building obviously plays in to it, but lets be fair, Colts audiences don't exactly illicit the same vibe as the Black Hole. A bunch of middle age, Hoosiers are only going to be so rowdy. 

The RCA (Hoosier) Dome had great acoustics. The louder people hear themselves at a football game, the louder the louder they get. It was real noise, and the Dome was a perfect echoing stadium. 

You point about the age of fans is likely valid. Open college stadiums pack more people, and are certain to have younger-rowdier fans.

8 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I mean really... comparing likes.. it's just a urine production contest.

:lol:  haha  lmao  :applause:  :td:  :spit:  :scoregood:

If I could, I would give you so many likes that you would have no choice but to compare/brag about it!

Urine production contest... HAH, that sounds like a phrase that would be found on page 1,374 of an Industrial Hygiene Manual...  O.o

Not sure why everyone seemed to get upset over the idea of "not sleeping on the Niners". I DO believe that most Colts fans believe this is a winnable game. All the guy was saying was that the Niners were better than their record, which I agree with. I actually believe this is going to be a very competitive game, and I'm looking forward to it. 

Two asides: Gore vs his old team. Garcon also. Will be fun to watch. Go Colts.