Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Yates] Colts trade Phillip Dorsett for Jacoby Brissett

stitches

Allen and Dorsett?  NE got a couple weapons from us imo.

they will get the most out of both. Wait and see.

the QB  addition could ncerns me more regarding Luck than tolzien/morris.  I see morris and briskett as similar.  Sure we need a better backup, but with Luck healthy, do we do the trade?  Do we keep Dorsett instead?  If ballard was gonna cut dorsett anyway, then im ok with this.  But i guess i saw more in Dorsett than most.

i would think if andrew was only missing a couple games, we'd limp thru  with tolzien/morris.

does briskett look that much better than morris to you guys?

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

There is no way Brissett is gonna be as good here as he is in NE. And there is no way Dorsett will be as underutilized there as he was here. 

Brissett may be better than Tolzien and Morris, but there is no way he's so much better to the point that it warrants giving up a former first rounder (who believe it or not DOES have first round talent).

We gave up a lot of potential (that we for whatever reason could not tap) for New England's third string QB

This. Not acceptable. We could Pick up a nummer of free QB's soon.

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

Allen and Dorsett?  NE got a couple weapons from us imo.

they will get the most out of both. Wait and see.

the QB  addition could ncerns me more regarding Luck than tolzien/morris.  I see morris and briskett as similar.  Sure we need a better backup, but with Luck healthy, do we do the trade?  Do we keep Dorsett instead?  If ballard was gonna cut dorsett anyway, then im ok with this.  But i guess i saw more in Dorsett than most.

i would think if andrew was only missing a couple games, we'd limp thru  with tolzien/morris.

does briskett look that much better than morris to you guys?

He's a product of the NE system, like Cassel, Mallet, etc. He will most likely suck once he's here.

Only a sucker would trade for a NE QB, as history has shown. I guess Ballard is not a student of history.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Come on now, the 2 most bashed Colts on here over the last 2 years has been Dorsett and Chuck. I figured everyone would be happy with this one.

Dorsett isn't a bad player. I don't think any sane and logical person will think that honestly. His value just doesn't add up to giving him for a 3rd stringer.

Y'all are ridiculous. Even if he does breakout in NE, it doesn't make it a bad trade. Just like the Jerry Hughes trade wasn't a bad trade when it was made. For whatever reason, these players weren't working here despite their abundance of potential. We tried and it didn't work. We have a bad backup QB situation here which now, after an entire preseason of whining about why we didn't address it, has been addressed. People already turning on Ballard for trading our #4 or #5 receiver... SMH. 

This is a stupid trade, brissett didn't even look good in NE system and that is saying a lot, Morris and even Tolzein are better than Brissett. This guy doesn't know the system and can't help us at all, if you can't catch on with the NE coach and system, you have no chance even making the team with Pagano and Chud, if you trade with NE you will get fleeced. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is better than Tolzein and actually a hair better than Morris. there you go.

Every qb that plays for NE looks good though. In our system he'd probably look exactly like Morris they've been disrespectful towards him preached competition he was better and still brings in someone else 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know that but Dorsett has been ripped shreds on here and now he's gone and people are freaking out.

No one would be freaking out if the trade was considered even. We traded a starter for a third string NE QB. NE QBs are notorious for being bad once they leave that system. This was a bad trade for the Colts and to me, that's the reason for the freak out.

29 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Brissett's stats in the preseason:

465 yards. 4 touchdowns. 1 Pick. 103.2 rating. 66 percent completion and ran for a TD. 7.5 yards per average.

Keep in mind though it was mostly from the last preseason game against backups.

I saw that exact verbage on Pat's Pulpit when I went to look for some background on Brissett. 

34 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow interesting wow 

Wow

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

No one would be freaking out if the trade was considered even. We traded a starter for a third string NE QB. NE QBs are notorious for being bad once they leave that system. This was a bad trade for the Colts and to me, that's the reason for the freak out.

Well that does makes sense. Brissett doesn't stink though. Maybe Dorsett wasn't in our plans to rebuild. Ballard seems like he is getting rid of a lot Grigs players and laying down his own foundation. I am one of the few that liked Dorsett keep in mind because you cant teach speed but I will trust the process.

4 minutes ago, TheJACKCOLT said:

This is a stupid trade, brissett didn't even look good in NE system and that is saying a lot, Morris and even Tolzein are better than Brissett. This guy doesn't know the system and can't help us at all, if you can't catch on with the NE coach and system, you have no chance even making the team with Pagano and Chud, if you trade with NE you will get fleeced. 

I disagree.  The Pats have a complex offense, one that many veteran wide receivers can't learn.  You really think our offense is more complex than the Patriots' offense?  If you do, I disagree with that too.

This is a necessary trade.  Have faith in Ballard.