Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts release D’Qwell Jackson

Everyone

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Just looking at the numbers, I'd say it's a foregone conclusion that Jones is a goner too...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/arthur-jones-6665/

And quite possibly Frank Gore...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/frank-gore-3338/

If Gore is gone I would expect 1st rounder to be a RB

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

At first I thought - Gore?  NO!!!!

But I can see it as a possibility. 

I know, I've developed a soft spot for Gore as well. But between him, Jones, and Jackson, it would create $13mil more in free cap space. That would put the Colts at around $63mil, so I think it's very possible.

30 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Or maybe it's a message to those who behave badly....

Nope. CB is down with taking chances on guys like that. Marcus Peters, Tyreek Hill, etc. LOL. It was because DQ sucked this year, and he wants young Derrick Johnson's. All around ILB's who can cover exceptionally well, play the run well, get into the backfield and get some stuffs, and just make plays. And DQ didn't do anything except punch a Pizza Boy. It was a simple little fight if you even want to call it that.

6 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Nope. CB is down with taking chances on guys like that. Marcus Peters, Tyreek Hill, etc. LOL. It was because DQ sucked this year, and he wants young Derrick Johnson's. All around ILB's who can cover exceptionally well, play the run well, get into the backfield and get some stuffs, and just make plays. And DQ didn't do anything except punch a Pizza Boy. It was a simple little fight if you even want to call it that.

I'm afraid he did. Keep up please. And you, at this time, know nothing of what Ballard's mind set is here regarding 'bad boys'.  

30 minutes ago, Restored said:

Sends a couple of messages:

-PED use and things of that nature could possibly be more scrutinized under Ballard than with Grigson.

-Team is looking to get younger on defense.

Solid move.

I'm sure he's only worried about if a guy gets caught bro. A lot of players use PED's and are smart enough to not get caught. It can really improve you performance. Hints Performance enhancing drugs. But it sure didn't improve DQ's dumb__...LOL. Like I said above CB seems down with guys with red flags. This was purely a financial move and nothing more. If we had Bobby Wagner and he got suspended 4 games for PED's you think we would have just cut him? LOL.  DQ was released because he sucked. Like bad LOL. And oh yeah because it saves us 5 something million in cap room. That's a good FA signing right there. More money to spend on actual players like Nick Perry and Brandon Williams, and not jokes of players like DQ and Art Jones.

1 minute ago, MightyLucks said:

Jones is probably next. 

Dont be shocked if vontae is let go. 10mill is a lot and he's not elite anymore 

Maaaan, that would be a bold move. It would pretty much force Ballard to go big game hunting in free agency (which he says he doesn't want to do), but he'd also have the money to do it.

14 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

People keep acting like CB wad the GM in KC.  He wasn't

Also,   PED suspension

2 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I'm afraid he did. Keep up please. And you, at this time, know nothing of what Ballard's mind set is here regarding 'bad boys'.  

PED's, punching a pizza boy. That's nothing man. And yeah. Even though Ballard wasn't the actual GM it looks like he's cool with guys with red flags if they can ball. In the end that's what matters. Winning. We need playmakers, and DQ was just a joke of a player this year. We save 5.5 million after cutting DQ to go spend on good players. That's what this move was about and nothing more. That's all that makes sense. Like I said. If we had say Bobby Wagner and he had got caught for PED's and hit some pizza boy would we have just cut him? Nope. Why? Because he's a baller. He's a superstar.

12 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

Jones is probably next. 

Dont be shocked if vontae is let go. 10mill is a lot and he's not elite anymore 

I would hope if Vontae is gone it's because Ballard traded him and got at least a high 3rd rounder for him. Davis is still a good press corner. If they can get good value, this offseason would be a good time to trade him since he has 1 year left on his deal and can extend or restructure with his new team.

But then Ballard would have to get at least 2 starting caliber CBs in the draft. Possibly Lattimore in the 1st and Jourdan Lewis round 2.

1) this made a lot of sense money wise

2) Edwin Jackson is going to be a darn good LB for this team

3) Ive said a number of times, inside linebackers are not hard to find in this league if you know what you are doing. Solid ILB's are not like trying to find a DE, OLB, CB etc

4) I agree with others, Jones should be next and Gore may follow

9 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I wasn't even thinking anything about the roids. I don't consider it a big deal unless a guy keeps getting caught. Heck man honestly we all took PED's in high school and I kept on for a short time after. If you do cycles like you're supposed to it don't hurt you. You just cant do them a full year or something crazy.