Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Irsay spent 10 hours with Gruden in Texas.

RockThatBlue

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

He says he has a source. 

Yeah, he obviously has. And it obviously have to be someone fairly close to the decision making process in order to be true. Which is why I don't get why the source would tell him and not the media. Maybe his sister is friends with one of the Irsay daughters or whatever. Interesting...

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

I was listening yesterday when he said he was off until Tuesday but did throw in the he may jump on in an emergency situation should something significant happen. Which I thought was an interesting thing to say.

i missed that one.  wonder if jmv has a twitter

1 minute ago, Mr Clueless said:

Yeah, he obviously has. And it obviously have to be someone fairly close to the decision making process in order to be true. Which is why I don't get why the source would tell him and not the media. Maybe his sister is friends with one of the Irsay daughters or whatever. Interesting, if true.

I'm guessing the nature of the negotiations is likely pretty fragile, to the point that a media leak could make the whole thing fall through. Since Wells isn't technically in the media, and he's in Canada, maybe they know no large publication is going to run with the story if he's the guy tweeting about it?

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm guessing the nature of the negotiations is likely pretty fragile, to the point that a media leak could make the whole thing fall through. Since Wells isn't technically in the media, and he's in Canada, maybe they know no large publication is going to run with the story if he's the guy tweeting about it?

Buuuuuttttt...if it's so fragile that a leak could make it all fail...then why tell anyone at all?

I've never understood leaks.  Someone always has to have an agenda when they leak info, otherwise why do it?

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm not falling for this damn it. I'll believe something when it actually happens. I can't get my hopes up just to see dumb and dumber back next season. lmao

I feel like we're hyping this all for nothing. As a desperation move... Kinda like CNN did with the 4Chan fake report... 

We're just reaching for anything that could give us solace that next year won't be another year of disappointment. (Which it probably will.)

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Buuuuuttttt...if it's so fragile that a leak could make it all fail...then why tell anyone at all?

I've never understood leaks.  Someone always has to have an agenda when they leak info, otherwise why do it?

Exactly. This information doesn't help anybody and a leak would only be put forward by someone that would like the deal to fail. But I still don't trust it.

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I'm guessing that they're not supposed to be leaking it to anyone. I think that's why all these sources are usually unnamed, if it got out that they were leaking inside info, they'd get fired real quick.

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

So if a leak can cause the whole thing to crumble and we just return next season with this group, it's not like the execs that just got their vacations short have nothing to worry about.

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I feel like we're hyping this all for nothing. As a desperation move... Kinda like CNN did with the 4Chan fake report... 

We're just reaching for anything that could give us solace that next year won't be another year of disappointment. (Which it probably will.)

revenuehalfempty-full_0.jpg

15 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

So I guess that report that Irsay told Pagano that he is safe was bogus. It sure seems that way at least. 

That's what I am confused about. Everything reports to Irsay still deciding on who is coming back except the report or two that said he was coming back. NFL.com reported it. So either the report about Pagano's job as safe was a lie, Gruden spending 10 hours with Irsay is a lie, or Irsay was drunk and changed his mind lol.

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

In today's world, no one would dare pull a racist act like not interviewing a minority doing to race. Also, there's nothing but downside to not interviewing or hiring them anyway. If you refuse to interview them, it will get out and become a public media nightmare. If you refuse to hire a minority coach and they turn out to be really good somewhere else, you are only hurting the team as a GM. Every GM and owner knows there's no upside to doing this anymore and wouldn't dare do it in this day and age, whether they are racist or not.

I think if you look around, even with the Rooney rule,  a few coaches were hired, that were big names, slam dunk hires and no one else was interviewed.    The teams basically said "we knew who we wanted and didn't want to waste anyone else's time."      I don't know if they were fined,  but there was no real push back.

I think the NFL still views the rule as relevant.     In fact,  I think they're now talking about expanding it to coordinator.       Head Coaches typically come from coordinators,  so if you're an assistant, you need to become a coordinator.      Can't become one if you're not interviewing.     So, the NFL is considering having teams interview minority candidates for those positions as well.

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

That's what I am confused about. Everything reports to Irsay still deciding on who is coming back except the report or two that said he was coming back. NFL.com reported it. So either the report about Pagano's job as safe was a lie, Gruden spending 10 hours with Irsay is a lie, or Irsay was drunk and changed his mind lol.

That's not really called for, cmon man.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Jim Osborne, JMV, & Wells all seem to have the same source from what I gather. Make of that what you will, but the stuff that the 3 of them are saying right now in regards to this story is pretty much identical.

So what you're saying is the same person is trolling all 3?