Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Irsay spent 10 hours with Gruden in Texas.

RockThatBlue

OK, I still don't feel things are right with this Brad Wells dude. 

What if he is making this up because he wants Pagano and Grigson fired? He might hope that these rumors put so much pressure on Irsay, that he has to do something? Not that I think that will work, but maybe that is the line of thought with Brad Wells? 

Just something to keep in mind. Mountain of Salt, folks! 

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mr Clueless said:

What if he is making this up because he wants Pagano and Grigson fired? He might hope that these rumors put so much pressure on Irsay, that he has to do something? Not that I think that will work, but maybe that is the line of thought with Brad Wells? 

Or, at least, forceing Jim to SAY something.

1 hour ago, Mr Clueless said:

I don't know. You would think irsay or someone from the colts would come out and say these claims aren't true then.

8 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

This is a thread about Gruden potentially becoming the Colts HC. I'm just posting what I see online regarding that topic. Either find something from a better source saying otherwise, or, take it for what it is.

No.  I'm taking it as an unsourced/non-verified twitter rumor.  Especially the one you posted. I do very much want it to be true though. 

Wondering why Josh Wison at Stampedeblue isn't putting any of this Gruden stuff on his blog?  He worked directly with Brad Wells for a couple years so I assume he would have a pretty good idea of who Wells sources are.  And I know Wilson wants Pagano fired as well.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Wondering why Josh Wison at Stampedeblue isn't putting any of this Gruden stuff on his blog?  He worked directly with Brad Wells for a couple years so I assume he would have a pretty good idea of who Wells sources are.  And I know Wilson wants Pagano fired as well.

maybe he's holding on for something more definite.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Probably can't confirm it from a second source.

Just now, PeterBowman said:

maybe he's holding on for something more definite.

He had no problem allowing Wells to post all of his rumors on his blog a couple years ago.  Maybe that's why they split, but Wells claims on twitter that he basically just got tired of blogging.  Said it was a young mans game.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Probably can't confirm it from a second source.

Yeah but this is Josh Wilson we are talking about.  He hasn't shown any problems with putting rumors on his blog about Pagano and Grigson.  Just recently a supposed quote from an ex eagles employee.  That's not the first time either.   These Gruden rumors he's kept completely off his blog.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

He had no problem allowing Wells to post all of his rumors on his blog a couple years ago.  Maybe that's why they split, but Wells claims on twitter that he basically just got tired of blogging.  Said it was a young mans game.

Wells was in charge of the blog before Wilson. 

Florio over at PFT put out a story this AM based on Kravitz's article. I think it was also on ESPN bottom line last night. Granted everything is based on just rumors but picking up national steam. 

I do do think the rumors are true, but Irsay may not be able to make it happen. 

11 minutes ago, Larry Horseman said:

Florio over at PFT put out a story this AM based on Kravitz's article. I think it was also on ESPN bottom line last night. Granted everything is based on just rumors but picking up national steam. 

I thought they worked together for some time and then Wells split.  Looks to me they were both there.  Brad had brought him on and then letter it seems Wilson took over as lead writer.  Wilson had already been there for at least 3 years before he got the gig. http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/7/9/5883857/change-at-stampede-blue

2 minutes ago, Larry Horseman said:

True that the rumors are rumors????? ,

or true that the rumors may be more than rumors?

12 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah but this is Josh Wilson we are talking about.  He hasn't shown any problems with putting rumors on his blog about Pagano and Grigson.  Just recently a supposed quote from an ex eagles employee.  That's not the first time either.   These Gruden rumors he's kept completely off his blog.

That wasn't a supposed quote though. That was the partial transcript of a radio interview with the ex-Eagles scout.

13 minutes ago, krunk said:

What that guy said about Grigson wasn't a rumor, he 100% said it. There are actual transcripts of him saying it. So, somewhat different. And I trust Josh will definitely run it as soon as he has a strong grasp of the situation. 

Just now, backshoulderfade said:

That wasn't a supposed quote though. That was the partial transcript of a radio interview with the ex-Eagles scout.

He's had unverified rumors on the site before.   He was one of the first ones to put rumors when Mike Chappell and I forgot who the other guy was were speaking about Gruden and Peyton early on.    He just emphasized that it was in fact all rumor.

Just now, krunk said:

He's had unverified rumors on the site before.   He was one of the first ones to put rumors when Mike Chappell and I forgot who the other guy was were speaking about Gruden and Peyton early on.    He just emphasized that it was in fact all rumor.

or maybe he was told to keep it on the down low... who knows anymore.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

What that guy said about Grigson wasn't a rumor, he 100% said it. There are actual transcripts of him saying it. So, somewhat different. And I trust Josh will definitely run it as soon as he has a strong grasp of the situation. 

As I just posted, he had no problem with putting rumors from Chappell/Kravitz whomever on the site. He just said they were rumors.  It just interesting to me but still we don't know much at this point.

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

True that the rumors are rumors????? ,

or true that the rumors may be more than rumors?

Too many truths and rumors! I think Irsay is talking with Gruden. Not convinced about Peyton but doesn't sound outlandish. There's too much smoke to not be some sort of fire. Plus, regardless of what he has publicly stated, you know an 8-8 year with a healthy Luck killed Irsay. 

6 minutes ago, Larry Horseman said:

Too many truths and rumors! I think Irsay is talking with Gruden. Not convinced about Peyton but doesn't sound outlandish. There's too much smoke to not be some sort of fire. Plus, regardless of what he has publicly stated, you know an 8-8 year with a healthy Luck killed Irsay. 

I don't remember any truths.  A lot of rumors though.

2 hours ago, Mr Clueless said:

If you look at Brad Wells twitter, it says former Indianapolis Colts fan, not sure what that is all about.  Is this the guy that's obsessed with getting Grigson fired and said he would stop being a fan until it happened?  

Honestly though, if that's his goal, I seriously don't see that happening.  There was already a good portion of the fanbase demanding change and Irsay was silent.  I do believe Irsay is working on something, which explains the silence.  He is usually a pretty open owner and I believe if he was 100% planning on going forward with Grigson and Pagano, he would have already addressed the media to shoot down rumors.  So I think he's feelings things out, but if it doesn't go well he can just stick with the status quo.  

7 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Think what you will of Brad Wells, but after Holder's tweet I am more inclined to believe he is getting that info from sources.

Holder and all them boys are grasping for info right now.  They are all sitting back waiting.   They haven't really reported anything new. The stuff they are talking about sounds like they are getting it from wells.

9 minutes ago, HeSoColt said:

I find the whole thing fascinating... I would love to hear more about it from a national type reporter.

However, I do think where there is smoke, there is fire. With that said, it is a lot of obstacles in place to prevent Irsay from making this happen.

Yeah, I'm really curious as to what guys like Marvez and Schefter are hearing after their sources told them last week that Grigson and Pagano's job is safe.

I wonder if they think they got smokescreened or something. Even if they are hearing stuff now I'd be shocked to hear them report anything until there were actual contract agreements being negotiated.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Josh Wilson has really gone downhill IMO.  I liked him at first but he has really gone off the deep end with his hate for Pagano and Grigson.  He has gone on a witch hunt and lost all objectivity.  Too bad for a young kid I thought he had promise.  I rarely visit his site now. 

11 hours ago, Jules said:

I will eat crow if something happens and I would be suprised too. I don't even think a move is out of the question here either but I have been hoping more for something in the line of a kick azzz coordinator then revamping the entire organization for an overrated big name like Gruden.

JMO

Also to be honest, all the Pagano hating is making me kinda even like the man more in the last few weeks. 

The thing is, nobody actually knows what Irsay is cooking up right now.  Obviously, Brad Wells is not a completely buyable source, at the same time, I find Irsay's silence strange.  If you believe Irsay isn't doing anything, that is fine.  But telling people there is no chance and they are wrong to speculate is kind of ridiculous, when there is no proof either way.    As far as Gruden goes, I'm not completely sold on it either, especially since he's been out of coaching for a while. 

14 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, I'm really curious as to what guys like Marvez and Schefter are hearing after their sources told them last week that Grigson and Pagano's job is safe.

I wonder if they think they got smokescreened or something. Even if they are hearing stuff now I'd be shocked to hear them report anything until there were actual contract agreements being negotiated.

They have so much more to lose than Brad Wells.

I think they more or less want to hear something from the Colts before they put it out there.

53 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm behind this 100%. Hadn't even considered the Friday 13th aspect...

Brad Dourif, the voice of Chucky/the actor who portrayed Charles Lee Ray is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

30 minutes ago, krunk said:

Holder and all them boys are grasping for info right now.  They are all sitting back waiting.   They haven't really reported anything new. The stuff they are talking about sounds like they are getting it from wells.

He has said he is getting mixed signals. That says to me that he has a source. That source is saying something.