Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Irsay spent 10 hours with Gruden in Texas.

RockThatBlue

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No,  bad players and bad coaching results in the team not performing well

Right, some teams handle drama fairly well (Seahawks). I think it comes down to atmosphere and how the locker room handles it. Our team seems relatively drama free within our locker room, just a lot of rumors swirling about coaching.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Hopefully lol, unless Grigson drafts another WR in the first

You do realize that's literally only happened once, right? 5 drafts, he took a WR in the first round, once. Seriously, is there ever going to be a point where people stop acting like that's his "go-to" move every draft?

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

You do realize that's literally only happened once, right? 5 drafts, he took a WR in the first round, once. Seriously, is there ever going to be a point where people stop acting like that's his "go-to" move every draft?

sorry, i forgot my sarcasim icon.  it was a joke

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Okie dokie. I'm going to be keeping an eye on you csmopar. If this issue comes up again... lifetime ban from the forum, no questions asked. :lol:

SWEET!!!!!

But but but i cant control if Grigs drafts a WR again?!?! :lol::lol::sarcasm::peek:

51 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I love the "he could make it stop with a simple announcement" thought process. It's like one kid saying another kid could have the next turn on his own video game, but the other kid puts him in a headlock and won't let go until the first kid says it is now his turn.

"The first kid could get out of the headlock if he would just say it's the other kid's turn!"

lmao

UNCLE!

35 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thanks alot Jvan. First you make me have this ridiculous avatar, then you crush my hopes and dreams. I was just starting to like you, now you're really pushing it mister!

Whew! Glad to hear that monstrosity was forced upon you, and not or your own free will.

Was starting to worry about you.

I just read through this whole thread.  I don't understand why he is being so silent on the matter.  All the rumors, speculation, and guessing could be stopped with one statement.  The suspense is killing me.  Everyone has put there 2 cents in except the one person who matters.   Twfish, please end this and tell us what you are and what snacks you eat.

4 hours ago, deedub75 said:

That is simply not true even if you already know who want. It gives the candidate an opportunity to hone his skills and learn what he needs to if he seriously want to be a HC in the future. This could be invaluable for him. Even if he realizes that he's being interviewed only due to the rule, if he interviews well that owner will remember him and possibly recommend him to other owners. I wouldn't consider it a waste of time because the opportunity to interview for a HC job isn't something that's going to happen very often. 

And you never know. The owner may know who he wants but may get blown away by this candidate who he would not have interviewed if not for the rule.  

I just don't see how giving a person an interview gets in the way or is a waste of time even if you already know who you want. Does anyone really think that would actually delay anything?  

I'm in favor of the rule in general. But in this case, if Irsay has decided that the only way he's going to move on from his current coach is if he can get Gruden, then that's a done deal. 

I agree that there are merits to interviewing other candidates, even if you're already decided in another direction. But it would be a formality, at least at head coach. 

39 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thanks alot Jvan. First you make me have this ridiculous avatar, then you crush my hopes and dreams. I was just starting to like you, now you're really pushing it mister!

You know I beleive you quoted me somewhere and I saw the avatar and not the name and was just like no way am I having a discussion with someone who has Jerry Jones as his avatar hahahaha what was the bet?

10 minutes ago, twfish said:

You know I beleive you quoted me somewhere and I saw the avatar and not the name and was just like no way am I having a discussion with someone who has Jerry Jones as his avatar hahahaha what was the bet?

I bet that the Giants would outlast the Cowboys in the playoffs. I figured they'd beat the Packers and go h2h with the Cowboys and beat them. My conspiracy theory was a Manning/Brady SB, but it didn't happen lol.

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm in favor of the rule in general. But in this case, if Irsay has decided that the only way he's going to move on from his current coach is if he can get Gruden, then that's a done deal. 

I agree that there are merits to interviewing other candidates, even if you're already decided in another direction. But it would be a formality, at least at head coach. 

LOL, I would happily turn up for the fake interview if Irsay pays my trip from Denmark to Indy! 

Me: "Hallo, Mister Irsay! I go under the name Mr Clueless in the Colts fan forum!"

Irsay: "Perfect!"

lmao

4 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

So I see Brad Wells tweeting a whole load of stuff about a Gruden deal (Manning and Gruden willing to work together, Gruden wants 4 years, 4 mill etc.)

Take it for what it"s worth.

4 million a year sounds light doesn't it?  I would think you would at least be talking in th 7-9 mill range.  This leads me to believe that this can't be true.

1 minute ago, Dilger85 said:

4 million a year sounds light doesn't it?  I would think you would at least be talking in th 7-9 mill range.  This leads me to believe that this can't be true.

He meant to type 4 years 40 million.

13 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

So I see Brad Wells tweeting a whole load of stuff about a Gruden deal (Manning and Gruden willing to work together, Gruden wants 4 years, 4 mill etc.)

Take it for what it"s worth.

JMV and Kravtiz also hinted that Manning is back in the picture. 10m per is steep. That was the asking price for Sean Payton that Irsay "allegedly" declined last year.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

JMV and Kravtiz also hinted that Manning is back in the picture. 10m per is steep. That was the asking price for Sean Payton that Irsay "allegedly" declined last year.

There would've also been a round one draft picked involved too if I recall correctly.

Yep, Wells has been right on things in the past but usually i don't pay a lot of attention to him.  But like you said i have heard similar rumors from JMV in the last few days, although not as specific as Wells is.  Also Kravitz said a few days ago that a source told him 2 weeks ago that the Manning talk "had no legs".  Bob has attempted to make contact with the same source 2 or 3 times over the past few days to see if anything has changed and he said his source will not answer him back. Could mean nothing but he did bring it up. And last year it was rumored that Payton would be 10 million a year PLUS they wanted a 2nd rd draft pick.

28 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

It is steep, but who cares besides Irsay? It doesn't count against the salary cap, and at some point you'll have to ask: Can I afford not to pay top dollar? 

Personally I would rather have Harbaugh for 10m, but sooner or later Irsay probably have to pay top dollar to get a top dollar coach.

Sure, you can get lucky and find a diamond coach on da cheap, but Irsay tried that with Pagano.

Time to cut your losses and do the proper investment. 

Well...that is interesting and would certainly ruin my vacation. "You're firing me? Actually, I think I'm just gonna stay here on the beach"

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Just saw this as well. This is definitely indicative of something big, IMO.

it's brad wells, it aint worth much....

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I'm told senior Colts execs have been recalled early from vacations. They're to be back in Indy by today.

Okay, forgive me for being a dunce, but does "execs" mean front office staff only or does that also include the coaching staff?  If it doesn't mean the coaching staff then nothing (if anything) is happening *soon*, I would think.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Formality or not, it still needs to be done and it's not a detriment to either side.