Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Florio said...

RockThatBlue

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are GMs ever fired whilst the HC is retained? Unlikely, to me.

It's not unprecedented. In 2012 when Polian was let go Caldwell was kept around, and his fate was to be up to the new GM when that decision was made. If Irsay makes a move, and I don't believe he will, he may repeat that one.

Just now, John Waylon said:

It's not unprecedented. In 2012 when Polian was let go Caldwell was kept around, and his fate was to be up to the new GM when that decision was made. If Irsay makes a move, and I don't believe he will, he may repeat that one.

Pagano could then end up as a lame duck coach.

Pagano was brought here to be a defensive guru type of a coach. Our defense has been mediocre at best his whole time here. That is a fireable offense in itself. Remeber when we were talking build the monster? Ha! Time for a new vision all around, but I expect Irsay to let us down again.

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think that's the case

Irsay definitely said that Grigson and Pagano were tied together, that if one goes they both go.  It was part of settling that rumored soap opera, so they would both be forced to work together.

After a year where Grigs hits on a draft but the team still underperforms, today may be a different story.

I will say this:  If Peyton is the guy, in an interview earlier this season, he spoke very highly of Chuck... "I've known and respected Chuck for years,"  yada, yada, yada.  Plus, his inside source, Reggie, loves Chuck...

We'll see.

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

Jason Cole says an AFC GM told him the Colts would make no changes...... Cole reported it, so the o pposite is likely to happen.  Heck, the "AFC GM" was probably Grigson lmbo

How would an AFC GM know what Irsay plans to do?