Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Florio said...

RockThatBlue

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't believe any of these rumors until we hear it straight from the horse's mouth so to say.

So much nonsense to sift through at this time of year. Just like last year how they were both DEFINITELY gone according to all the insiders.

These guys just make things up.

Just now, IinD said:

Won't believe any of these rumors until we hear it straight from the horse's mouth so to say.

So much nonsense to sift through at this time of year. Just like last year how they were both DEFINITELY gone according to all the insiders.

Yep, we won't have to wait long though, luckily.

36 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm surprised theres not a thread on it already, but anyways on SNF Florio said hes heard its likely Grigson is fired but Pagano kept.

Anyone else see it and thoughts?

I'd see that as an encouraging development.  I'm sure the new GM will want to hire his own coach so it would make sense to let him fire Pagano if he so chooses.  

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'd see that as an encouraging development.  I'm sure the new GM will want to hire his own coach so it would make sense to let him fire Pagano if he so chooses.  

Let the new guy get his hands dirty..Lol

28 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm surprised theres not a thread on it already, but anyways on SNF Florio said hes heard its likely Grigson is fired but Pagano kept.

If I had to choose only 1 to go it would. definitely be pagano. Pure speculation but it could mean rumors are true about manning and griggs is gone because irsay has a replacement he really wants. Pagano hangs on by a thread while they see who is available and if someone does become available t hat they want pags is gone.

We may actually have a realistic chance of bringing people that can do the job..... I'll believe it when I see it. We should find out soon.

16 minutes ago, IinD said:

yeah. My hopes went up but now back to earth. Something tells me we still will be chopping a lot of wood.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

that's awful.  Pagano just keeps getting worse.  Irsay has no instinct at all, it's like his brain is numb and I just don't understand it. I think they should get all the Colts exec's in a room (except for grigs) and do a blind draw as to whether Pagano stays or goes, it's the only fair way to handle it.  He will be outnumbered.  Further, as far as picking the next head coach, consult every football God available and make it like the war-room in a draft setting.  Take this seriously, it's for the greater good.

IF, and it's a big if, Manning comes on as GM.....I'd think Indy would become a VERY interesting place for potential head coaches to want to come. He is very highly respected throughout the league for his football IQ. I would think coaches would be lining up to work with him. Just my thought. 

1 hour ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

If Grigson is fired Pagano could be kept until the new GM finds another coach, similarly to how Jim Caldwell was treated.

That is what I am thinking, Grigson fired on Black Monday and next GM gets to pick his own coach, basically Pagano is fired too. 

1 minute ago, cmgww said:

IF, and it's a big if, Manning comes on as GM.....I'd think Indy would become a VERY interesting place for potential head coaches to want to come. He is very highly respected throughout the league for his football IQ. I would think coaches would be lining up to work with him. Just my thought. 

I could see him bringing in Jim Bob Cooter to work with Luck. 

3 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

haha

Superman, I love ya and you are a sure fire bowling ball of flaming ninja ghost zombies with lightning spears!

Yeah he's very insightful. I remember going into the 2015 season he started a thread  about being satisfied with our OL and he wasn't going to lose any sleep over it. And how good Thornton can be. I doubt Luck slept well that season though,due to the from all the hits he took.

Just goes to show we all human, even supaman lol

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Yeah he's very insightful. I remember going into the 2015 season he started a thread  about being satisfied with our OL and he wasn't going to lose any sleep over it. And how good Thornton can be. I doubt Luck slept well that season though,due to the from all the hits he took.

Of course he is, lol!  I also had ultra high expectations out of certain players.  We are all wrong, ALL THE TIME.  That's the sad part, even very cocky confident people are wrong all the time but yet their ego shatters their intelligence.  Everyone, is wrong all the time but that's just part of human nature.  Certain people do get it right more often though and Super is one of those posters.  As you said, Superman is only human hahahah. 

I'm going to sound like a virus or alien but HUMANS ARE WRONG!~

I am Virus!

The players lie Pagano and that has to count for something. A loss today would have or at least should have been the dungeon for the GM and I was hoping it would end in a loss. It was a cheap win at best over a perennial loser. Something has to strike lighting in this organization and whatever it takes as long as it produces results I'll vote for it.

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The players lie Pagano and that has to count for something. A loss today would have or at least should have been the dungeon for the GM and I was hoping it would end in a loss. It was a cheap win at best over a perennial loser. Something has to strike lighting in this organization and whatever it takes as long as it produces results I'll vote for it.

I doubt one game in it's entirety would decide the future of Pagano and Grigson. If it did, then that would be a very silly way to handle things by Irsay's part.

Most likely, the decision on Pags and Grigs remains the same, no matter what the outcome of today's game was.

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

I doubt one game in it's entirety would decide the future of Pagano and Grigson. If it did, then that would be a very silly way to handle things by Irsay's part.

Most likely, the decision on Pags and Grigs remains the same, no matter what the outcome of today's game was.

Northern I would soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fire you if you were my GM/Coach after missing 2x straight post season appearances and losing against a lowly Jags team the last game of the season. 

16 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

that's awful.  Pagano just keeps getting worse.  Irsay has no instinct at all, it's like his brain is numb and I just don't understand it. I think they should get all the Colts exec's in a room (except for grigs) and do a blind draw as to whether Pagano stays or goes, it's the only fair way to handle it.  He will be outnumbered.  Further, as far as picking the next head coach, consult every football God available and make it like the war-room in a draft setting.  Take this seriously, it's for the greater good.

Note Florio cited no one. It was purely a speculative fluff piece.  Think about it ... After 2011 Irsay fired the Polians and left it up to Grigson to decide what to do with Caldwell.  No news here.

4 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

No way this changed Irsay's mind either way and if it did, it's time for him to step down.  If anything, it was Pagano's swan song with the Colts and the players wanted to win for him.  

20 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

OL wasn't the issue in 2015, so I'm fine with my projection. Thornton couldn't stay healthy and never got good coaching, but I still think he had the talent and tools to be a good lineman. 

Oh well, I was wrong.

That's all very different from the Pagano-ism teasing. I get it, he sounds silly, but it's old. Time for some new material. Maybe a new coach will have an accent or something...

13 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

This. Irsay probably made his mind up weeks ago, if any game effected his decision, it was probably the second loss to Houston.

But who knows? Maybe Irsay for some reason still sees something in both of them and keeps them. After last years train wreck by the Indy media, I'm not believing anything until Irsay does a presser (probably tomorrow) and says it himself.

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

After last years train wreck by the Indy media, I'm not believing anything until Irsay does a presser (probably tomorrow) and says it himself.

Agreed.

They sure do stick up for each other, btw. They've been complaining today about how Grigson won't do interviews with any of the beat guys. Sounds like how Kravitz and Chappell complained about Polian giving scoops to Chris Mortensen instead of local guys... 

Colts coverage is pretty bad, IMO. 

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

OL wasn't the issue in 2015, so I'm fine with my projection. Thornton couldn't stay healthy and never got good coaching, but I still think he had the talent and tools to be a good lineman. 

Oh well, I was wrong.

That's all very different from the Pagano-ism teasing. I get it, he sounds silly, but it's old. Time for some new material. Maybe a new coach will have an accent or something...

I can applaud that.