Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dream Scenario

tikyle

46 minutes ago, tikyle said:

Regardless of what HOU or TEN does for the rest of the season, what would be your dream scenario for the Colts in these final three games?

win out, Hou and Ten lose out, we back into the playoffs, win the superbowl.

realistic dream, we lose out, Pagano and Grigs are fired, we hire a better front office, fix our problems 

Here's my dream scenario.

Colts whoop Minnesota then turn around and whoop Oakland and then finish off Jax to go 9-7.  The Titans lose to the chiefs and beat the Jags and Texans.  The Texans lose out or lose 2 out of 3.  The Colts make the playoffs win the wild card game, upset the Pats in the Divisional game then beat the Steelers in the AFC championship game and go to the superbowl!  Does anyone else want what I am smoking, I mean dreaming?   Realistically the Colts will probably go 7-9 or 8-8 and miss the playoffs.  I hope they draft wisely next year.  I am not holding my breath but would like to see them have a good draft.  Look what one good draft did for the Cowboys? 

We lose out and fire the 2 *s. Hire a more competent GM let him hire a HC like Harbaugh with a great veteran DC to help build a strong defensive unit. Go into FA and go for quality not quantity for once. In the draft finally hit on some picks in the top 2 rounds and throw in some gems from the 4 or 5th too.

32 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Win out,  sign; Dont'a Hightower,  Chandler Jones, Trumaine Johnson in FA,  draft a RB, most likely Christian McCaffrey, with the 1st. pick.

If this team drafts a RB in the first round, this forum will explode in anger. If we don't get a starting CB or pass rushing threat from this draft that can actually impact a game, I can't image how this fan base will react to another season of misery. 

If history is any indication, we beat the Vikings because we lost the previous game and lose to the Raiders and then beat the Jags. We finish 8-8, just like last year, Titans lose to KC and Houston, going 8-8 and the Texans win the division at 9-7.

2 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

If this team drafts a RB in the first round, this forum will explode in anger. If we don't get a starting CB or pass rushing threat from this draft that can actually impact a game, I can't image how this fan base will react to another season of misery. 

Not just RB if it's McAffrey then I'll lose my damn mind guy is no where near the other top backs like fournette or cook 

3 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

While I agree with you.  I honestly think if the Colts miraculously had an outstanding run game next year it would have just as big of an impact as if we would land a great pass rushing OLB in FA.  Imagine how much better the Colts would be if teams HAD to dedicate eight in the box?  Offensively we would look like the 2002 Colts.  Just saying.

50 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Win out,  sign; Dont'a Hightower,  Chandler Jones, Trumaine Johnson in FA,  draft a RB, most likely Christian McCaffrey, with the 1st. pick.

A RB in the first round??  You must be having a nightmare. 

38 minutes ago, tikyle said:

While I agree with you.  I honestly think if the Colts miraculously had an outstanding run game next year it would have just as big of an impact as if we would land a great pass rushing OLB in FA.  Imagine how much better the Colts would be if teams HAD to dedicate eight in the box?  Offensively we would look like the 2002 Colts.  Just saying.

If the Colts showed they had the ability to open holes for a RB, I wouldn't be so upset over spending a 1st rd pick on a high quality RB but this oline has not shown it can do that. I mean, we try screen passes on 4th and 1 with the season on the line. The chances of getting another Edgerrin to go along with our QB is slim pickings. This team needs defense and speed period. It is time for mr Luck to make his pieces around him elevate their game for the offense.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We lose out and fire the 2 *s. Hire a more competent GM let him hire a HC like Harbaugh with a great veteran DC to help build a strong defensive unit. Go into FA and go for quality not quantity for once. In the draft finally hit on some picks in the top 2 rounds and throw in some gems from the 4 or 5th too.

I think I would like to entertain the idea of Harbaugh becoming the HC and GM so he has control who to draft/sign.  I think this would cost less than paying both Grigson and Pagano at the same time.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

NOOOO 

McCaffrey doesn't need to be here at all.

De'Vean Smith from Michigan (spellcheck) or Dalvin Cook from FSU would be much better options 

1 hour ago, esmort said:

A RB in the first round??  You must be having a nightmare. 

If you sign those FAs. You can easily sign a RB is the first round. McCaffrey is the most likely pick because Cook and Fournett will be long gone in the top 15 probably top 10.  Really, both will be gone before we pick.  Last year too and the year before that.  Elliot, Gordon, Johnson to name a few.  I really laugh when I see all the criticism of taking a RB in the first Rd.  Teams are doing it and teams will do it this year and three probably four will go.  The days of passing on a top tier RB are long gone.  You take what the draft gives you especially if it's one of your top needs.  Again this is a dream scenario where you fill your defensive needs through FA. Putting blinders on and saying never take a RB in the first rd. is dumb. 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

If you sign those FAs. You can easily sign a RB is the first round. McCaffrey is the most likely pick because Cook and Fournett will be long gone in the top 15 probably top 10.  Really, both will be gone before we pick.  Last year too and the year before that.  Elliot, Gordon, Johnson to name a few.  I really laugh when I see all the criticism of taking a RB in the first Rd.  Teams are doing it and teams will do it this year and three probably four will go.  The days of passing on a top tier RB are long gone.  You take what the draft gives you especially if it's one of your top needs.  Again this is a dream scenario where you fill your defensive needs through FA. Putting blinders on and saying never take a RB in the first rd. is dumb. 

Ok fine take a RB just not a mid rounder talent in McCaffery 

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I have no idea where McCaffrey will grade out.  Although I have seen a couple of early mocks and they have him going in the second half of the 1st. round. so that might be an indication. 

Key words second half of the first round. When taking a running back in the first he better be a top 10 player and I'm still not for it really. Not when you can find David johnsons and leveon bells in the 2nd and 3rd rounds 

Dream scenario is the same no matter what the scenario is... I want the Colts to win every game they play... the last three games are no different.

Those that want the Colts to lose so they have a higher draft pick have a losers mentality and I question whether or not they know anything about competition.

Dream scenario for me would be the best long term for the team.

. Lose out the season. Finish 6-10.

. Full front office and coaching fire and rehire.

. Cut the dead wood and bring in good defensive talent in FA, since we'll have the cap to spend.

. Top 9-12 draft pick. Beef up the defence.

T-minus 2 seasons to the Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Key words second half of the first round. When taking a running back in the first he better be a top 10 player and I'm still not for it really. Not when you can find David johnsons and leveon bells in the 2nd and 3rd rounds 

Just because a player is taken in the 2nd. half of the first rd. doesn't mean he is not a top 10 ten player.  I would hope you would realize that.  And by the way not all top 10 players pan out. Many teams draft for need at the top of the draft especially if it's a QB.  And it happens all through the draft.  That's why drafting solely on one need is a big mistake.  You could bypass great talent in hopes of finding your QB or ER and push these prospects ahead of better prospects in other areas of need.  FYI Bill Polian had Elliot as the best player in the draft last year and he went 8th.  Kelly he had ranked at the 4th best player and we took him at 18.  You can get a top 10 players in the 2nd half and we did.  Each draft is different.  That's why you can't pigeon hole positions to a certain round.  You can easily miss out on filling an important position for the sake of trying to fill one position.  

I always want to win unless it's a scenario like the last few games in 2011 because we had Andrew Luck waiting in the Draft. Having said that if we lose out now I wont be upset because Sunday showed me we aren't a Playoff team. Cant beat Brock Osweiler at home then you deserve to be home for the winter. I still think the Draft is a crapshoot outside of picking in the Top 10 but losing out does give us better Draft position. I hope in the Draft we either take a Pass Rusher or shut down Corner with speed - which ever best player is there when we pick. I am not even thinking about RB until Round 3 or 4. We may be able to get a Good RB in Round 3, not a long shot at all.

31 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Just because a player is taken in the 2nd. half of the first rd. doesn't mean he is not a top 10 ten player.  I would hope you would realize that.  And by the way not all top 10 players pan out. Many teams draft for need at the top of the draft especially if it's a QB.  And it happens all through the draft.  That's why drafting solely on one need is a big mistake.  You could bypass great talent in hopes of finding your QB or ER and push these prospects ahead of better prospects in other areas of need.  FYI Bill Polian had Elliot as the best player in the draft last year and he went 8th.  Kelly he had ranked at the 4th best player and we took him at 18.  You can get a top 10 players in the 2nd half and we did.  Each draft is different.  That's why you can't pigeon hole positions to a certain round.  You can easily miss out on filling an important position for the sake of trying to fill one position.  

That's Polian kelly is not a top 10 player and stop comparing McAffrey to elliot elliot is a way better player as is fournette and Gordon 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That's Polian kelly is not a top 10 player and stop comparing McAffrey to elliot elliot is a way better player as is fournette and Gordon 

I hope you're not surprised but I will take Polians view over yours every time.  By the way you still don't get it. I am not comparing McCaffrey to Elliot and saying they are the same player.  Elliot is a very special player. But it does appear Fournett and Cook will be gone before McCaffrey so if we take a RB in the 1st. rd. it could be McCaffrey.  Nothing wrong with that if he is the best player available in one of our positions of need. If he is the highest ranked player on our board over any CB or ER on our board you take him.  Pretty simple and you have solved one of your needs.  But again you never know, it's all a crapshoot. 

29 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I hope you're not surprised but I will take Polians view over yours every time.  By the way you still don't get it. I am not comparing McCaffrey to Elliot and saying they are the same player.  Elliot is a very special player. But it does appear Fournett and Cook will be gone before McCaffrey so if we take a RB in the 1st. rd. it could be McCaffrey.  Nothing wrong with that if he is the best player available in one of our positions of need. If he is the highest ranked player on our board over any CB or ER on our board you take him.  Pretty simple and you have solved one of your needs.  But again you never know, it's all a crapshoot. 

I didn't say my view over Polian tons of other draft experts did not have kelly as a top 10 player 

There is no dream scenario for me at this point.  Even IF the Colts somehow made the playoffs they would be backing in and I don't like it.  Doesn't bode well for playoff success either.  Sure, I know it has happened before but let's be honest, THIS team?  Uh uh.  The dream scenario fir this season died on Sunday for me.  I'm damn near ready to look ahead to 2017, which could get interesting.

I don't understand how some of your DREAM scenarios is to lose out so the coach and gm get fired. haha 

Like you realize that dream scenario means BEST possible thing to happen.....right? And that would be to win out and win the sb.

But if we're talking realistic scenarios, than yeah, hoping they lose out to get a better pick and perhaps have the coach and GM gone is ok.

11 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Even if we signed all of the FAs you suggested there are still glaring holes that would need to be filled before drafting a RB.  Just because a couple teams go RB in the 1st, doesn't make it a good value.  Elliot would not look like even close to the same player on the Colts as he does in Dallas ... how much draft investment did the Cowboys put in their line prior to Elliot???  Gordon was not the best value for SD, and Johnson was actually a 3rd round pick which is just one example of how RB is a position whose value is not as tied to the 1st round as some other positions.  It is also not a passing trend, I doubt you will ever see the RB position carry the value it once did. Even if you don't say "never" take a RB in the 1st round, the Colts are not even close (even with your FAs) to be able to make a "luxury pick".