Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geathers

dw49

27 minutes ago, IinD said:

He can definitely tackle that's for sure.

Seems like Indy rarely has those type guys that knock the snot out of people. Nice to see. Just hope he stays healthy.

That will be an issue because he has to nave high speed collisions to clean up the other side's running game

30 minutes ago, IinD said:

He can definitely tackle that's for sure.

Seems like Indy rarely has those type guys that knock the snot out of people. Nice to see. Just hope he stays healthy.

Sounds reminiscent of Bob Sanders.  A punisher that just needs to stay healthy.

Just now, Ja'Crispy said:

Sounds reminiscent of Bob Sanders.  A punisher that just needs to stay healthy.

Exactly my point.

He's definitely a punishing type hitter. 

I'd definitely take his lack in coverage skills if he keeps blowing guys/plays up.

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That will be an issue because he has to nave high speed collisions to clean up the other side's running game

As far as I can remember our deep secondary guys have made way too many tackles over the years.

I remember Bethea always having MLB type tackle numbers every year. Shouldn't be that way, but not much we can do.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

As far as I can remember our deep secondary guys have made way too many tackles over the years.

I remember Bethea always having MLB type tackle numbers every year. Shouldn't be that way, but not much we can do.

Geathers sure did make a Linebacker tackle on that last play to win the game for us, stout hit on Murray

2 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Geathers as one of our ILB's down the road if Green continues to improve and as long as the Colts can fill the void once Mike Adams leaves.

Geathers and Edwin Jackson paired together could be the future of the Colts at MLB.

Adams had a decleating hit today that was very Colonel Bob Sanders like. Geathers is a thumper though. As well as Green. The closest thing I've seen to a Bob Sanders like seek and destroyer is Edwin Jackson. That guy closes fast and with bad intentions. I can't remember seeing that kind of speed and thump in our LB corp in a long time...

5 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Geathers as one of our ILB's down the road if Green continues to improve and as long as the Colts can fill the void once Mike Adams leaves.

Geathers and Edwin Jackson paired together could be the future of the Colts at MLB.

I think Gathers and Edwin Jackson both play the "other" inside backer spot next to the Mike...

I think they'd be both in the "will" spot....       not sure how often they'd be on the field at the same time, if at all....

Perhaps others can chime in?

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think Gathers and Edwin Jackson both play the "other" inside backer spot next to the Mike...

I think they'd be both in the "will" spot....       not sure how often they'd be on the field at the same time, if at all....

Perhaps others can chime in?

They were both on the field in base D much of the day yesterday.

10 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Adams had a decleating hit today that was very Colonel Bob Sanders like. Geathers is a thumper though. As well as Green. The closest thing I've seen to a Bob Sanders like seek and destroyer is Edwin Jackson. That guy closes fast and with bad intentions. I can't remember seeing that kind of speed and thump in our LB corp in a long time...

When Edwin sees something he just blacks out and flies to the football with head busting on his mind.  I like the kid!  He's a really good tackler.

7 minutes ago, egg said:

I never said he doesn't deserve some criticism. Of course he does. But he also deserves credit for guys like Hilton, Doyle, Geathers, and others.

Yes, he does.  He has had numerous good early round picks:  Luck, Hilton, Mewhort, Moncrief, Anderson, Geathers;  Kelly, Green and Ridgeway look to be great picks this year too.

But he has missed on way too many early round picks to keep his job.  He's blown 3 first rounders in a row (Werner, Trade For Trent Richardson, Dorsett).  That is unacceptable and should cost him his position.

18 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Yes, he does.  He has had numerous good early round picks:  Luck, Hilton, Mewhort, Moncrief, Anderson, Geathers;  Kelly, Green and Ridgeway look to be great picks this year too.

But he has missed on way too many early round picks to keep his job.  He's blown 3 first rounders in a row (Werner, Trade For Trent Richardson, Dorsett).  That is unacceptable and should cost him his position.

It would not have bothered me a bit if Irsay  had made a change last off-season. But he didn't, so we live with it. We all know the bad and good of Grigson's record, he's not going anywhere soon, so why not enjoy the half-full glass?

21 hours ago, IinD said:

That's not that unusual though. Those guys can sit back and see the entire play develop from their position, and the good ones can react and be down in the tackle box almost instantly. As good as the LB corps for some of those really good Baltimore defenses were, Ed Reed still led the Ravens in tackles a couple of times.

On 11/21/2016 at 9:43 AM, MacDee1975 said:

I think it's premature to call Dorsett a missed pick.