Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts got better or is Green Bay really that bad?

deedub75

2 minutes ago, Bogie said:

The Colts certainly deserved this win, but Green Bay is becoming a mediocre team. They were exposed last year and nothing much has really challenged. Rodgers = Overrated. 

I wouldn't go as far as saying Rodgers is overrated.  The talent around him has deteriorated.  He is almost in the same position as Luck.  

The Packers aren't bad.

The Colts aren't as bad as people think, either.

Parity is the word.  The NFL has it in spades right now.  Look around the league today.  Look what happened to Minnesota, the Steelers, and the Eagles.

There are only 2 "dominant" teams right now, and those are the Cowboys and the Pats.  The vast majority of the league consists of teams that are evenly matched on any given Sunday.  So many games now come down to execution and penalties.

I'm no GB follower, but for sure thought they were better then what I saw today.

I also think their own field was messing with them. We seemed more comfortable for the most part out there.

There were huge divots out there and we handled it better overall.

16 minutes ago, Bogie said:

The Colts certainly deserved this win, but Green Bay is becoming a mediocre team. They were exposed last year and nothing much has really challenged. Rodgers = Overrated. 

You were fine right up until Rodgers = overrated.

And then you went there......

14 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I wouldn't go as far as saying Rodgers is overrated.  The talent around him has deteriorated.  He is almost in the same position as Luck.  

And we all know how Bogie feels about Luck.     Over-rated.

He just can't help himself......

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You were fine right up until Rodgers = overrated.

And then you went there......

Completely agree with you there.  Rodgers isn't overrated.  For anyone that thinks that, take a look at his numbers over the last decade.  No, he's not having a great year, but he's earned his fame.  

4 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

Completely agree with you there.  Rodgers isn't overrated.  For anyone that thinks that, take a look at his numbers over the last decade.  No, he's not having a great year, but he's earned his fame.  

While watching Rodgers today at a sports bar,  I was amazed at his ability to move in the pocket and avoid pressure.   He almost makes Luck look lead-footed, and we all know that that's not the case with Andrew.

But Rodgers almost dances around...    side-to-side,  forward, backward....    all of the above....   he's a magician in the pocket.      The game still looks slow to him.    I hope someday Luck looks like that.

We saw a lot of good stuff rom Luck today.      And we also saw a few throws that make us all roll our eyes to the Heavens!        Fortunately, at the end of the day,   the Colts have a big win!

Today,  is a good day!

Both the Colts and Packers are having a tough year, but both can still win their respective divisions.  That being said, they could both still lose some games pushing them out of playoff contention.  Still a lot of ball to be played, time will tell.  

I just hope the Colts can build off this win and get better.  They still have 3 huge divisional games left and some of the teams Vikings & Steelers are looking completely beatable.

12 minutes ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

It was a great win at GB especially. But they are not a good football team. Their running game is worse than ours right now. 

I actually liked some of the stuff I saw from Tye Montgomery. Might need to up his carries.

4 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Both the Colts and Packers are having a tough year, but both can still win their respective divisions.  That being said, they could both still lose some games pushing them out of playoff contention.  Still a lot of ball to be played, time will tell.  

I just hope the Colts can build off this win and get better.  They still have 3 huge divisional games left and some of the teams Vikings & Steelers are looking completely beatable.

I won't believe a win vs Pit until I see it. They always are an annoying team against us. Granted we've beat them a couple times over the years, but they have our number lately.

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

I won't believe a win vs Pit until I see it. They always are an annoying team against us. Granted we've beat them a couple times over the years, but they have our number lately.

Yeah, the last couple games have been unbearable with regards to them just putting up a monumental amount of points on the Colts.  Fortunately it's a home game but this team really doesn't seem to necessarily seem to play better at home lol.    

1 hour ago, deedub75 said:

Thought I'd start it off.  Colts limited the penalties and the turnovers didn't hurt them this time but Green Bay looked really bad.  

Colts showed they are not as bad as they play in most weeks and can play at a decent/good level. No excuse to not play like this most weeks.

The Packers did not AND have not played at the level they have in the past. Their game plan was not on point. Everyone knows offenses can take advantage of our weak linebacker play and be exploited by tight ends and backs coming out of the backfield. But they chose to try and push the ball downfield mostly. And they unexpectedly went away from their usual short quick rhythm passes.

A very confusing game but we needed the win and I'll gladly take it.

59 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

While watching Rodgers today at a sports bar,  I was amazed at his ability to move in the pocket and avoid pressure.   He almost makes Luck look lead-footed, and we all know that that's not the case with Andrew.

But Rodgers almost dances around...    side-to-side,  forward, backward....    all of the above....   he's a magician in the pocket.      The game still looks slow to him.    I hope someday Luck looks like that.

We saw a lot of good stuff rom Luck today.      And we also saw a few throws that make us all roll our eyes to the Heavens!        Fortunately, at the end of the day,   the Colts have a big win!

Today,  is a good day!

Andrew Luck made a bad throw to Doyle that ended in an Int. Everyone says it's a "bad decision." But he made a equally tough completion to Doyle to save the win in that last drive. Very similar plays . Receiver was open but awkward , tough throws needed. He makes one and misses the other. Take the good with the bad ?

1 hour ago, deedub75 said:

He still has insanely good pass pro and doesn't take full advantage. Only Brady gets comparable pass pro. 

15 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Andrew Luck made a bad throw to Doyle that ended in an Int. Everyone says it's a "bad decision." But he made a equally tough completion to Doyle to save the win in that last drive. Very similar plays . Receiver was open but awkward , tough throws needed. He makes one and misses the other. Take the good with the bad ?

Who cares? You won today and Luck came up in the clutch, appreciate the good times instead of taking a magnifying glass to him and highlighting every single mistake.

Rodgers puts up great stats and losses. All that matters is the win and Luck delivered in the clutch at the end when it was needed. 

39 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Yeah.....   that early interception rolling to his left and having his pass sail over Doyle's outstretched arm was almost shocking to me.      In three years at Stanford and four and a half with Indy,  I've never seen him throw that particular pass (rolling left throwing left)  that badly.     It was pretty stunning.    

But yes,  you take the good with the bad because the good far, far outweighs the bad.     Most times,  he's going to make that throw.   

And you raise a good point DW,  that throw at the end --- also to Doyle --- came off a Packers safety blitz and Luck shrugged off Clinton-Dix like a rag doll to make that tough throw.     That's, in part,  how and why Luck earns his money.   That's a Big-Boy NFL play.      Colts likely don't win without that play from Andrew.

Today is a good day for Colt's Nation!        :thmup:

31 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Who cares? You won today and Luck came up in the clutch, appreciate the good times instead of taking a magnifying glass to him and highlighting every single mistake.

Rodgers puts up great stats and losses. All that matters is the win and Luck delivered in the clutch at the end when it was needed. 

yep

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah.....   that early interception rolling to his left and having his pass sail over Doyle's outstretched arm was almost shocking to me.      In three years at Stanford and four and a half with Indy,  I've never seen him throw that particular pass (rolling left throwing left)  that badly.     It was pretty stunning.    

But yes,  you take the good with the bad because the good far, far outweighs the bad.     Most times,  he's going to make that throw.   

And you raise a good point DW,  that throw at the end --- also to Doyle --- came off a Packers safety blitz and Luck shrugged off Clinton-Dix like a rag doll to make that tough throw.     That's, in part,  how and why Luck earns his money.   That's a Big-Boy NFL play.      Colts likely don't win without that play from Andrew.

Today is a good day for Colt's Nation!        :thmup:

Today was indeed a nice win. Played well in all phases and coaching seemed solid also.

No doubt we played better today, especially coming off that turd we laid last week against KC. Easy to exceed expectations when expectations are nearly nil. But we made some good plays in all 3 phases- returns, key interception, needed completions. Where we have fallen apart in other games at key moments, we made the plays necessary in order to win. Celebrate the improvement and hope we build off of this.

21 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Wonder what would of happened if we played Brady like that

It's probably the same way to play Brady I think - it is how Denver has limited him. The difference is you need to actually pressure him or he will eat you up. McDaniels is a far better play caller than McCarthy as well. 

I just want to point out, Rodgers 'bad year' has him on pace for 4000 yards, 40 TDs and 10 picks. Yeah I'll take that bad year over a lot of QBs career years.

And their four losses have been to Minnesota (5-3), Atlanta (6-3), Dallas (7-1) and Indianapolis (4-5)

Plus they have been decimated by injuries. 

Yeah, they should be better. But we've had such high expectations for Aaron and his crew that when they look even a little less god like, they're suddenly "overrated". 

Green Bay is fine. Rodgers is gonna lead them to at least 10-6.

58 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I just want to point out, Rodgers 'bad year' has him on pace for 4000 yards, 40 TDs and 10 picks. Yeah I'll take that bad year over a lot of QBs career years.

And their four losses have been to Minnesota (5-3), Atlanta (6-3), Dallas (7-1) and Indianapolis (4-5)

Plus they have been decimated by injuries. 

Yeah, they should be better. But we've had such high expectations for Aaron and his crew that when they look even a little less god like, they're suddenly "overrated". 

Green Bay is fine. Rodgers is gonna lead them to at least 10-6.

Their fans don't feel that way.  I listened to part of their post game today, they sound a lot like our fans when the Colts lose, coach has lost the team, they are wasting Rodgers, if they don't make playoffs fire everyone.

Rodgers is not overrated, but he is missing passes that he used to hit in his sleep. Colts DBs played great, but the few times a GB WR was open down the field, Rodgers would overthrow it. Its been like that for him since about mid season last year. Not sure if hes playing hurt or what. Doesn't help that the team around him pretty much stinks.