Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury updates

snkdy

11 minutes ago, snkdy said:

I don't know, maybe he meant it sarcastically lol?

I guess we just have to take that with a grain of salt. I would think he just should have left out the accolades but no harm in probing those 2 guys up I guess. But unless one of those 2 guys suddenly elevates their play significantly .. we are not "in great shape" by any means.

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I think this team could drastically use an Anthony Walker Jr., ILB from Northwestern in round 2 next draft.

We have way too many other important needs to use a 2nd round pick on an inside linebacker...

OLB,  CB,   RB are all more pressing than ILB.

Not that ILB isn't needed....   it is.     Just others needed even more.

OK, you got me curious so I went back because I wanted to take a look at the presser myself. It was the moment when Pagano said "We are in great shape" that I got really scared about our ILB group by his face and body language. Boy, is he a terrible liar...

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

We have way too many other important needs to use a 2nd round pick on an inside linebacker...

It is hard to argue against the need for OLB, but beyond I'm not so sure that we don't have a very big issue at ILB. I didn't think we would have before the season started, but things have gone to hell.

Maybe the kind of ILB guys that Monachino needs for his defense is simply not on the roster right now. I'm a bit scared about this possibility to be honest.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everything definitely isn't ok and if we lose this week this Site may shutdown (sarcasm) but man talk about bad. It's bad enough being 1-3 losing to the Jags!

If we lose this week some more heads need to roll.

Unexpected good news about Luck.

He is NOT on the injury report on Wednesday.       Which means he was a full participant today.

I confess I didn't see that coming,  especially not after a game where he was sacked 6 times and hit more than a dozen times....

Good news.....     I'll take my victories wherever I can find them...

18 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Maybe, if Mathis were to occasionally participate, it might help him to register his first sack?

I think they want to make sure he's well-rested, especially given his age. It does look like he's on his last legs though, sadly.

5 hours ago, Mr Clueless said:

"I think we are in excellent shape", wth?!

That's called company line speak. He knows better. It may not seem like it but he knows better where the defense is concerned. He knows we are not good at ILB. Why do you think Sio Moore is gone? He was awful. Particularly vs Jax where he missed at least 3 tackles I remember, Pagano cant get rid of every ILB that stink because you need at least 2 to run our scheme right now for us but they all pretty well stink

Serious question, If he really thought we were in great shape does anyone really think we would be rotating at ILB? Ray Lewis wasn't rotated in and out of the lineup when Pagano was DC . Our ILB's are being rotated now because Pagano is desperately trying to find 1 that doesn't suck. Why do you think We have Safeties playing in certain instances down at ILB? Because our ILB's don't know that first thing about covering and have no awareness when dropped back in space

It is what it is and Pagano and Monachino are at the mercy of who Grigson brought in or kept

Yeah, not sure how Chuck Pagano ever gave anyone the impression that he would be straight and say "Yeah, our ILBers are complete trash." If you are expecting that kind of feedback, our bud Bruce Arians will call players out even when they win by 30 points. 

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not that ILB isn't needed....   it is.     Just others needed even more.

i would disagree strongly with that.  The ILB's on this roster are horrible.  If the right guy is there in the 2nd I would take him in a heartbeat.

3 hours ago, Mr Clueless said:

It is hard to argue against the need for OLB, but beyond I'm not so sure that we don't have a very big issue at ILB. I didn't think we would have before the season started, but things have gone to hell.

Maybe the kind of ILB guys that Monachino needs for his defense is simply not on the roster right now. I'm a bit scared about this possibility to be honest.

I wonder if there are any viable FA ILBs next year.  I have to agree this is a position of huge need unless McNary, Trevor Bates or Antonio Morrison magically dominate.  Even if so they still need solid depth.

26 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

Yeah, not sure how Chuck Pagano ever gave anyone the impression that he would be straight and say "Yeah, our ILBers are complete trash." If you are expecting that kind of feedback, our bud Bruce Arians will call players out even when they win by 30 points. 

Yeah...Well your "buds" team has the same record as we do !!

2 hours ago, Derakynn said:

Ironically enough, they have the same record with a much better roster.

So Arians style isn't working either as of now lol

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

i would disagree strongly with that.  The ILB's on this roster are horrible.  If the right guy is there in the 2nd I would take him in a heartbeat.

ILB is no longer a premium position.     The player gets pulled for another Safety or Corner.

I think you can fill it with a 4.    I prefer to use premium draft picks (1,2, 3) where the premium athletes are...

Defense:   OLB, CB, DE, DT, S

Offense:     QB, WR, LT,  TE,  RB

You can get a good solid player in the 4th or 5th round.    The only time I want to spend a premium pick on a non-premium position is when it's one of the last pieces of a puzzle.     

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

Sio made DQ look fast

Sio was actually pretty fast. Fast to bite on a run fake when there never was a run fake. Fast to take a poor angle and completely overrun the play. I actually thought he balled out game 1. But my God has he been terrible since. He might have the lowest football IQ and instincts of all time...

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

ILB is no longer a premium position.     The player gets pulled for another Safety or Corner.

I think you can fill it with a 4.    I prefer to use premium draft picks (1,2, 3) where the premium athletes are...

Defense:   OLB, CB, DE, DT, S

Offense:     QB, WR, LT,  TE,  RB

You can get a good solid player in the 4th or 5th round.    The only time I want to spend a premium pick on a non-premium position is when it's one of the last pieces of a puzzle.     

I said the right ILB, not some two down plugger