Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, buffalo34 said:

Hey, it'd take 19-0 off the table. Which is always step #1 in stopping the Patriots in any given year.

Step 1: Get that first loss so they can't go 19-0 and be the best team ever. Keep the 1972 Dolphins as the only team in Perfectville.

Step 2: Start piling up the losses so that they can't get the #1 seed. If successful, push them out of a first round bye.

Step 3: If all else fails, hope the stars align and beat them in the playoffs. Obviously, the sooner the better.

That's how I've approached the past 10 years or so.

They wont go 19-0. They play at Denver and at Pittsburgh. They will lose at least 1 of those if not both. Hey have faith in your Bills next week, ya never know?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They wont go 19-0. They play at Denver and at Pittsburgh. They will lose at least 1 of those if not both. Hey have faith in your Bills next week, ya never know?

The way the Bills came out this season and their history against the Patriots this millennium, the Yankees have a better shot at winning the AL East right now (their magic number to be eliminated from the AL East is one, so one more Red Sox win or a Yankees loss eliminates that possibility).

1 minute ago, MacDee1975 said:

Why are you people acting like NE just took out the 1985 Bears?  It is impressive that they won tonite with a 3rd string qb, but they hardly just beat a great squad:  Houston is a spectacularly average football team.

Shutting out even an average team that has a very good defense, while starting your 3rd string rookie QB says something about a team ... even though it wasn't the "1985 Bears" ... How many teams you think could have done this?

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

When I go to work tomorrow they'll all be moping about it in the office.

I even tried to be a nice guy by picking Houston and thinking Brock could actually play well and win haha. What I mean by that I have put Brock down a lot but I guess you guys know why now. I mean 0 Points. Even Luck put up 7 in the Title Game.

7 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

The entire city of Houston should be embarrassed by that lousy performance.

At one point, the camera zoomed in on a lone Houston woman in the stands. I think she was crying a bit based on her makeup.

Yea, pretty bad low. I hope Houston fires someone after this.

1 minute ago, esmort said:

Shutting out even an average team that has a very good defense, while starting your 3rd string rookie QB says something about a team ... even though it wasn't the "1985 Bears" ... How many teams you think could have done this?

There are numerous NFL teams that could've beaten NE tonite.  Houston in no way, shape or form was ever going to be one of them.  I had NE winning by double digits no matter who started at QB.  They are superior in every facet of football to Houston.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I even tried to be a nice guy by picking Houston and thinking Brock could actually play well and win haha. What I mean by that I have put Brock down a lot but I guess you guys know why now. I mean 0 Points. Even Luck put up 7 in the Title Game.

I didn't get fooled by it. I knew Houston would lose. I saw Brisett in the preseason a couple times. I knew he had talent. And you just knew they would design a winning game plan around his skill set. Bellichick wont let you see the field if you don't know what you're doing.

1 minute ago, MacDee1975 said:

There are numerous NFL teams that could've beaten NE tonite.  Houston in no way, shape or form was ever going to be one of them.  I had NE winning by double digits no matter who started at QB.  They are superior in every facet of football to Houston.

I doubt there is any other team in the NFL that could have shut out the Texans 27-0 with a 3rd string rookie QB. 

57 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Yeah, Jules...  I was having the same thoughts.

He only threw the ball a handful of times, Texans fumbled kickoffs like 3 different occasions, NE defense is stacked, & Blount had a huge night. I'm not sure the 'system QB' thing applies, they're just deep & insanely well coached, & I think they're gonna throttle the league when Brady gets back with a healthy Gronk.

I'm so glad we don't play them this year.

18 minutes ago, James Harden said:

Josh McDaniel or Matt Patricia will be head coaches next season. I hope Irsay is watching this game tonight and put those 2 on his list in case the Colts have a losing season this year. 

We'll take both of them?

I still want to see more from Brock as the year goes on. He has looked OK in flashes. But, it's kinda strange Houston used to go dumpster diving for Brady backups and now they did it with a Manning one.

I really REALLY hope though nobody gives the Pats high picks for one of their backups now. OMG........no.

20 minutes ago, krunk said:

When I go to work tomorrow they'll all be moping about it in the office.

I'm at work right now, so the only look at the game I got was during lunch in the fourth quarter. I mean I get it, Belichick is a genius, but 27-0? It blows. Oh well. It's on to the next one.

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

I'm at work right now, so the only look at the game I got was during lunch in the fourth quarter. I mean I get it, Belichick is a genius, but 27-0? It blows. Oh well. It's on to the next one.

I jinxed you guys I guess LOL. Oh well winning in Foxboro is really tough! That is why I really don't give Andrew too much crap for losing to them in the Playoffs. I think it's the hardest place in the league to win.

2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Hang in there kid. You showed up asap too and at least take it well. Texans will be fine. It will come down to Colts and Texans games this year but I have no idea yet on the Titans.

3 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

It was the usual New England stuff. Texans turned the ball over way too much, and did not adjust after Bellichick took away Hopkins, Fuller, and Miller.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I jinxed you guys I guess LOL. Oh well winning in Foxboro is really tough! That is why I really don't give Andrew too much crap for losing to them in the Playoffs. I think it's the hardest place in the league to win.

Interesting stat i did'nt know , I believe the patriots were like 72-0 at home when leading at the half ..

-3 Texans turnovers

-Texans did not get into the red zone 1 time

-Brock not playing well

All just combined for a bad night for Texans. They really had a chance to be in position to be 3 games up on the Colts to given how the Colts have been struggling. Texans just couldn't get it done

41 minutes ago, esmort said:

I doubt there is any other team in the NFL that could have shut out the Texans 27-0 with a 3rd string rookie QB. 

Are you responding to me?  I never said this.  I said that there are numerous teams, that are actually good, that could've beaten NE tonite.  Their victory tonite has much more to do with how bad Houston is rather than how good NE is

21 minutes ago, Jules said:

Hang in there kid. You showed up asap too and at least take it well. Texans will be fine. It will come down to Colts and Texans games this year but I have no idea yet on the Titans.

"Hang in there kid"?

What does this mean?  Is his life negatively altered because an entity he has no attachment to whatsoever except that he cheers for them in a football game, lost?  He actually needs strangers on a message board to cheer him up?  If so, that is beyond pathetic.  He literally should not give a crap about the outcome of this game no more than 5 minutes after it ended, else it's time for some serious introspection.  So save your self-righteous sympathy for someone who actually needs it, like those who are sick, lost loved ones, lost their job, etc.

41 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yeah I don't think I could come up with any excuses even if I tried. Well the boys got some humble pie today. I'll make sure to request the Colts Texans games off! Things just got a lot more exciting after tonight. 

39 minutes ago, krunk said:

It was the usual New England stuff. Texans turned the ball over way too much, and did not adjust after Bellichick took away Hopkins, Fuller, and Miller.

Yep. Belichick is the greatest. If it wasn't clear before tonight, it is now.