Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts fans!   :)   An interesting battle of AFC teams as the Texans and the Patriots lead off Week 3 of the 2016 NFL regular season in New England. Tonight's game will simulcasted on The NFL On CBS, including WTTV CBS Channel 4 in Indianapolis, The NFL Network, and Twitter.

Clear skies at 67 degrees,  is the game forecast inside Gillette Stadium for the 8:25PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff.

NO injuries to both the Texans and Patriots, and may the best team win!  :fb:

http://www.nfl.com/tnf

http://tnf.twitter.com/

https://twitter.com/i/live/768633364911788032

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Greenberg on Mike and Mike just gave the Patriots the kiss of death by predicting them to win. You can almost bet now that the Texans will win. :)

The Texans will end up being the kind of team that will get a #2 seed and run into Pitt. or Patriots at home in the divisional round, I see it very likely. The Texans won't be playing the Steelers but will play the Bengals at home. The Steelers' tie-breakers with the Texans for playoff seeding will come down to the common games vs the Colts, Patriots and Bengals, IMO.

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Mike Greenberg on Mike and Mike just gave the Patriots the kiss of death by predicting them to win. You can almost bet now that the Texans will win. :)

The Texans will end up being the kind of team that will get a #2 seed and run into Pitt. or Patriots at home in the divisional round, I see it very likely. The Texans won't be playing the Steelers but will play the Bengals at home. The Steelers' tie-breakers with the Texans for playoff seeding will come down to the common games vs the Colts, Patriots and Bengals, IMO.

Texans will win tonight LOL. Brock Oz isn't even that good which is funny but he plays Bears and now the Pats highschool QB. I will say this I am surprised they beat the Chiefs but then again nothing should surprise me when it comes to stinky Alex Smith. He is a QB I have never liked and don't trust.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I could go to Vegas and bet I would take the Texans straight up. This is easy, BB is probably laughing in his office saying if they win they are 3-0 and the Colts are 0-2 haha. Pats losing wont hurt them at all with Brady coming back shortly.

Houston is a 1 point favorite . Odds are pretty much $110 to win a $100 regardless of which team you bet. So you would not get any "bonus" odds by betting Houston. But you would be better off betting the money line as you'd be getting the sea payoff without laying the 1 point. So not sure if you had the right reason for betting the money line but you are correct that it's the better bet if you like Houston.

I'm taking the Pats.  Brisset has some talent and he'll play within their system. He's not going to go out and be a He Man. Has the aid of Blount and the rest of that run game.   Garappolo is dressing for the game and will be the backup.  Wouldn't even surprise me if Garappolo is able to play and ends up playing.  Game is in New England.

There's only 2 that you have to worry about on the Texans offense and that's Fuller and Hopkins.  I'm sure Bill will have the TY Hilton plan for one of them.

So early in the season I can see Colts fans cheering for either team, as there will be 13 games left in the season there is plenty of time to make up the ground against the team that wins.  

If you think the Pats are going to win the AFC East and you think the Colts can catch Pats for seeding, then one might lean towards the Pats losing and cheering for Houston.   Also, if you think the Colts can beat the Texans both games then you can take care of your own division with those two wins and put the extra loss in the Pats column as opposed to Houston. 

On the other hand if you think it might be a dog fight in the AFC South with Houston some will lean towards wanting Houston to loose.  Take care of winning the division first then worried about seeding later. 

With the Colts not playing the Pats this year, the Colts can not hand the Pats a loss and gain a tie breaker against the Pats.

But yah i can seed points on both sides of the coin.

I for one will be cheering for the Pats. :)

All my reasons for not wanting the Patriots to win:

1. It would be good to know the Patriots are human, after all, and not winning machines despite being down to their rookie QB :)
  2. It would be the best chance to keep the Patriots from going 16-0 when Brady comes back and Boston fans' braggadocio going through the roof :) if that happens.
  3. I would rather go to Cinci or Houston on the road should we have to play as a wild card in the playoffs, if it turns out that way. I would hate for the Patriots to get the #1 seed again and increase Brady's chances for going to his 7th SB.
  4. Last but not least, I despise them.

How is that good for honesty? :) I thought of making a Letterman Top 10 reasons I despise the Patriots but just did not have the time.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

All my reasons for not wanting the Patriots to win:

1. It would be good to know the Patriots are human, after all, and not winning machines despite being down to their rookie QB :)
  2. It would be the best chance to keep the Patriots from going 16-0 when Brady comes back and Boston fans' braggadocio going through the roof :) if that happens.
  3. I would rather go to Cinci or Houston on the road should we have to play as a wild card in the playoffs, if it turns out that way. I would hate for the Patriots to get the #1 seed again and increase Brady's chances for going to his 7th SB.
  4. Last but not least, I despise them.

How is that good for honesty? :) I thought of making a Letterman Top 10 reasons I despise the Patriots but just did not have the time.

Patriots are not going 16-0 even if they win the game. Houston winning and going 3-0 while we possibly go 0-3 minimizes our chances for a playoff spot. We won't get close to a wild card. Only chance is winning the division. Pats all the way tonight.

I really don't think it matters guys, that's why I'm rooting for the Pats for those other reasons. As long as Luck is playing, they'll take the fraud Texans even if it comes down to a win or die game by the first game. The Colts have proved that in big regular season games if nothing else under Luck and Pag.

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

I really don't think it matters guys, that's why I'm rooting for the Pats for those other reasons. As long as Luck is playing, they'll take the fraud Texans even if it comes down to a win or die game by the first game. The Colts have proved that in big regular season games if nothing else under Luck and Pag.

What if the Pats go 4-0 without Brady LOL? You called it before the season.

2 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Nothing like throwing in the towel by running on 3rd and 8.

Now for Bissett to blow down the field for an easy TD to put this game away.

You're still doing this?? The Patriots are going to be great for a long time. We're going to have to deal with it.