Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brock put up a big fat goose egg in the half! 10-0 Patriots. Patriots are 76-0 in Foxboro with BB Coaching when leading at the half. 76-0

Even coming into this game the Texans haven't been scoring much. Haven't really faced any good offenses either.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Osweiler is trash...

If we beat the Chargers on Sunday we will be fine. Only 1 game back. Not sure we will but we definitely could win all of our Division games if our Defense gets healthy. So maybe even we do go 0-3 it still isn't over as funny as that sounds. I don't think Houston will win more than 9 games, the Jags are trash too.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Ok I won't rag on Houston since it's so tough to win in Foxboro (like impossible) but they did do some dumb things like you know.....fumbling on special teams. I don't really always judge teams vs. the Pats.

But, seriously this is almost embarrassing for Brady too and I never ever went that route. I mean I get Jimmy G looking good, he has been in the system for a few years now.

But, this? What the hell is this? I mean this is a third string rookie for crying out loud. What is this crap?

It's almost scary as hell. 

I might have to pick NE to win the AFC. Who is going to beat these guys?

Yeah, Jules...  I was having the same thoughts.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Ok I won't rag on Houston since it's so tough to win in Foxboro (like impossible) but they did do some dumb things like you know.....fumbling on special teams. I don't really always judge teams vs. the Pats.

But, seriously this is almost embarrassing for Brady too and I never ever went that route. I mean I get Jimmy G looking good, he has been in the system for a few years now.

But, this? What the hell is this? I mean this is a third string rookie for crying out loud. What is this crap?

It's almost scary as hell. 

I might have to pick NE to win the AFC. Who is going to beat these guys?

I will grant you that Jimmy G. looks like a legitimate alternative to Brady the way he played. Brisset is doing an excellent job managing this game but he clearly looks far far behind both Brady and Garappolo...as he should, btw, given he was playing in the ACC 9 months ago.

4 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

I will grant you that Jimmy G. looks like a legitimate alternative to Brady the way he played. Brisset is doing an excellent job managing this game but he clearly looks far far behind both Brady and Garappolo...as he should, btw, given he was playing in the ACC 9 months ago.

Jimmy G I do get in a way. He is like a model of Brady jr. who has been there long enough. He probably even eats the same food Brady eats. I get that he can do well........he knows the system well and has experience there.

Houston btw has one of the top D's in football and some kid who just finished college and started shaving has done what he wanted tonight vs. guys like JJ Watt.

But, I will say this, the Pats defense has looked very very good. I can't say this is a full judgement yet on how good Houston is either since I want to see them in some more games this year and how Brock develops.

Pats won't be worse then maybe 14-2. Denver is a tough game and they have Seattle/Pittsburgh. And the Jets. If they lose any it's in that group.

Did someone say if we gp 0-3 we'll still be fine? We weren't fine when we started the season.  I don't like to settle for just average, they were supposed to build a monster defense years ago, that never materialized.  So what they need to do is cut their losses, which their going to be many and hire a proven coach or one of Belichick's disciples...

As much as any of cringe and hate to say it...this Pat's team is a very very well oiled machine. It doesn't matter the circumstance, they will still find a way to beat you and be better than you. They will always find your weakness and exploit it, and they will always maximize their strengths. It's truly incredible and admirable as much as I don't like them.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

They lack the mental toughness. Have talent but still kind of inexperienced in big moments.

Makes me appreciate Cool Joe Flacco and Eli, they're the two guys least fazed while playing in Foxboro, IMO, better than Peyton.

It also makes you appreciate how Peyton earned BB's respect as his career went on that BB felt like he has to take some risks vs Peyton that he may not have taken vs other QBs.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Jimmy G I do get in a way. He is like a model of Brady jr. who has been there long enough. He probably even eats the same food Brady eats. I get that he can do well........he knows the system well and has experience there.

Houston btw has one of the top D's in football and some kid who just finished college and started shaving has done what he wanted tonight vs. guys like JJ Watt.

But, I will say this, the Pats defense has looked very very good. I can't say this is a full judgement yet on how good Houston is either since I want to see them in some more games this year and how Brock develops.

Pats won't be worse then maybe 14-2. Denver is a tough game and they have Seattle/Pittsburgh. And the Jets. If they lose any it's in that group.

Are Denver and Pittsburgh away games for them?   If so, I think those will be losses for them.

Just now, chad72 said:

Makes me appreciate Cool Joe Flacco and Eli, they're the two guys least fazed while playing in Foxboro, IMO, better than Peyton.

It also makes you appreciate how Peyton earned BB's respect as his career went on that BB felt like he has to take some risks vs Peyton that he may not have taken vs other QBs.

I don't think the current Giants and Ravens teams could do it now in NE. Unless they could morph back into the old days with the defenders like Justin Tuck and Ed Reed who gave Brady fits.

The best bet now is still probably Denver but that might only work IN Denver.

Or it will just be the Panthers in the SB and Cam gets another crack at this.

Just now, Gramz said:

Are Denver and Pittsburgh away games for them?   If so, I think those will be losses for them.

Denver I know is in Denver for NE.

Yeah that could be a loss for NE. Denver is just too brutal on defense HOWEVER the Pats will wave magic fairy dust and control them and the Denver D falls asleep.

I am not as confident on Pittsburgh as most are.......

6 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Yes, both of those are road games for the Patriots.

But then, the Patriots always lose a game inexplicably to the Jets or Dolphins, they hate playing in heat from what I've heard.

3 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

Hopes Pags and Grigs are watching the MNF game.  May be they can pick up some ideas or two on how to build a winning organization....

You are starting to remind me of the old Pats fan who posed as a Colts fan years ago on other forums called "ManningsArmy". 

An experienced QB and team would have different results. Brock and the Texans are inexperienced. Similar to some of the losses we've taken to them due to lack of knowing how to play in champion type moments. If Brady played tonight they'd put up 45 points.

This Houston team is not very good. New England is embarrassing them with a third string quarterback.

Poor play calling. In the first quarter they ran the ball on 3rd and 8. They might have passed the ball once on first down in the first half.

If we can get a few wins, get healthier, and start rolling then this is still our division.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Yes, both of those are road games for the Patriots.

Brady will be back though for those games though...so this offense will go to a whole new level. Scoring 20 might be rough for NE right now, but when Brady is back you'll probably see a number 40+ point outings. This offense will find it's stroke and it's gonna get ugly for opponents.