Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly

NorthernBlue

I haven't seen anyone really talk about the 1st pick much. I'm not much of an offensive line aficionado, so anyone who's better at analyzing them, how has he looked so far? Obviously it's only been two games but he did go up against a pretty stout Detroit D Line and that legendary Denver Defense. Wondering what you guys have thought of his performance thus far.

He's made a few mistakes and let some pressure up the middle.  At times, it looks like he's on roller skates.  But you generally don't expect a rookie lineman to come in and be a brick wall.  He has all the tools to be a very good lineman for us in the not-too-distant future, and his play has been generally good

I have tried to watch him, as much as I could, and from what I have seen, he has a done a pretty good job so far.  to piggy back on what PFF said, he has also been doing a good job of calling out defensive pressures, and making sure the o-line as a whole is on the same page, which is what you want in a center.  now that doesnt speak to what has transpired after the snap, but he can only play one position.  overall, i am really happy with the pick.  

18 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

This is true. Nothing like the past couple of years anyway.

I really miss Satele.....:Cry:

I love watching the newest guys.  Ryan Kelly has opened some of the biggest holes that I have see from our line.  He does very well with Mewhort and Good...some big bubbas.  

6 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

I really miss Satele.....:Cry:

I love watching the newest guys.  Ryan Kelly has opened some of the biggest holes that I have see from our line.  He does very well with Mewhort and Good...some big bubbas.  

Kelly does have a mean streak and will not take failure.

20 hours ago, Ja'Crispy said:

According to PFF, he only allowed 1 pressure in 47 (passing) snaps against Denver.  We finally have an anchor in the middle of that line.

I was going to say that he looked good against Denver. Saw him stone walling some guys and didn't remember seeing him get pushed back. 

On 9/19/2016 at 7:44 PM, NorthernBlue said:

I haven't seen anyone really talk about the 1st pick much. I'm not much of an offensive line aficionado, so anyone who's better at analyzing them, how has he looked so far? Obviously it's only been two games but he did go up against a pretty stout Detroit D Line and that legendary Denver Defense. Wondering what you guys have thought of his performance thus far.

When you discuss offensive linemen and there isnt much to discuss, that's a good thing. From what I've seen when I pay attention to him during the game he looks like he's doing well. Again, if he were standing out it would likely be because of mistakes and that doesnt appear to be the case.