Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans trade #1 pick

SilentHill

Rams receive: 1st round pick (1 overall); 4th round pick (113); 6th round pick (177).

Titans: 1st round pick (15 overall); 2nd round pick (43); 2nd round pick (45); 3rd round pick (76); 1st round pick in 2017; 3rd round pick in 2017.

WOAH!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Talk about a Kings ransom. WOW! 

If anybody could do that it would be the Rams.  Their entire team is stacked everywhere except QB and maybe WR.  Plus they still have some more picks in this draft to add to that.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have no O.Line though and just gave up Tunsil. Both teams are taking a gamble. The Draft is a crapshoot.

TN is not taking a gamble. They have little talent at a ton of positions and one player couldn't change that. 

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I can't see Goff.  I think they are going Wentz

Goff might be the safer bet. A few analyst had them taking him before this. Plus some sources say Goff is the top guy with teams and it's not as close as some think.

Insane price paid by the Rams.   4 short years ago Redskins did the same insane thing and look at how it (didn't) worked for them!

Only way such a trade can be justifiable is if there is a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck sitting there for the taking, and even then that's debatable.   I don't see a HOF QB being available.   Perhaps time will prove me wrong, but I think HUGE mistake by the Rams ... and it kind of sucks for the Colts.

29 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Rams receive: 1st round pick (1 overall); 4th round pick (113); 6th round pick (177).

Titans: 1st round pick (15 overall); 2nd round pick (43); 2nd round pick (45); 3rd round pick (76); 1st round pick in 2017; 3rd round pick in 2017.

WOAH!

OMG....6 picks for 3!!

Good move...Tennessee!!

17 minutes ago, wig said:

TN is not taking a gamble. They have little talent at a ton of positions and one player couldn't change that. 

If you were to ask me who got the better of this deal, I would say Tennessee but that is mainly because I am not sold on Goff or Wentz becoming a Franchise QB. Having said that if Tennessee whiffs on most of these picks then it wont matter. We will see what they do with their picks. Their O.Line and Secondary both stink so we will see.

19 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Goff might be the safer bet. A few analyst had them taking him before this. Plus some sources say Goff is the top guy with teams and it's not as close as some think.

When I look at what Fisher(not what pundits say) has been successful with in the past I say Wentz.  Big strong arm quarterback who can tuck it and run. Plus very smart.

33 minutes ago, MTC said:

Titans obviously won the trade. 

Mariota + DeMarco + Walker + Green Beckham + 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.

oh boy. 

It is a QB driven league.  If you think that Wentz or Goff can be an elite, franchise level QB then you do what you have to do to get him and don't look back.  

I think it is far from a certainty that the Titans were the clear winner.  Plus I don't think that will be known for a few years anyway.

31 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Plus you have to remember where Steve Mcnair came from.  Small School just like Wentz so I'm not sure how high the risk factor is for Fisher.  The biggest safety net is going to be the fact that they can rely on that running game with Gurley. And Wentz would be very good coming off the play action pass.  Plus you have that defense, and I'm sure the rams are going to beef up the WR corps this year.

The Rams don't need this guy to be a HOF QB. They're very talented elsewhere, cept WR which can be easily had, and could use some OL. They only need their new QB to be pretty good, and there's a steep price for pretty good QBs these days.

The Titans haven't won anything 'cept more opportunities. They still have to make the picks, and the picks have to pan out. The only thing it likely guarantees is that the Titans will get younger.

And, no, Grigs doesn't NEED to obtain more picks if value isn't there. This isn't a race to compile more picks.

32 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Insane price paid by the Rams.   4 short years ago Redskins did the same insane thing and look at how it (didn't) worked for them!

Only way such a trade can be justifiable is if there is a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck sitting there for the taking, and even then that's debatable.   I don't see a HOF QB being available.   Perhaps time will prove me wrong, but I think HUGE mistake by the Rams ... and it kind of sucks for the Colts.

Skins gave up 3 1st round picks for a QB who couldn`t run a Pro-style offense. Both (Wentz and Goff) are better options coming in than RGme ever was. 

39 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

15 mins ago - View on Twitter
Rams reportedly “targeting” Carson Wentz now that they have the first pick tw.nbcsports.com/jT1 pic.twitter.com/6VRZPQzJI…

29 mins ago - View on Twitter
#Rams source says Wentz is the pick. Said decision was made awhile ago. Said trade haggling took awhile.

49 minutes ago, MTC said:

Titans obviously won the trade. 

Mariota + DeMarco + Walker + Green Beckham + 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.

oh boy. 

That is impossible to determine before the picks have been made and the players ever take the field

42 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It makes it very bag for Indy. The Titans can build a contender with this draft alone.

It obviously depends on Mariota.  I think he's shown some good signs, but he's still got the training wheels on.  If his game even comes close to Russell Wilson, the Titans will be very, very good.  

30 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Titans did real well in this deal.  L.A. will get the QB they wanted but they gave up a lot.  On the flip side of it, they received dang near the same deal if not better in the RGIII deal haha

The Rams got 3 firsts and a second from the skins

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

15 mins ago - View on Twitter
Rams reportedly “targeting” Carson Wentz now that they have the first pick tw.nbcsports.com/jT1 pic.twitter.com/6VRZPQzJI…

29 mins ago - View on Twitter
#Rams source says Wentz is the pick. Said decision was made awhile ago. Said trade haggling took awhile.

Noted. I think they'd be fine with either though. I just wonder how good Wentz will be immediately in arguably the toughest division in Football coming from NDSU.