Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans trade #1 pick

SilentHill

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Noted. I think they'd be fine with either though. I just wonder how good Wentz will be immediately in arguably the toughest division in Football coming from NDSU.

Flacco and Big Ben both came from small schools and they play in the AFC North which is also a tough hard nose division.  The Rams have enough talent in the ground game just like the Steelers and Ravens did to keep everything from being on the rookies shoulders.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That is impossible to determine before the picks have been made and the players ever take the field

Absolutely correct! The Titans could very well draft some duds from that bounty of picks. The Rams have a great defense and arguably one of the top young backs in the league. Now they`re in a position to draft a possible franchise QB, who shouldn`t have a lot of pressure on them early.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Goff might be the safer bet. A few analyst had them taking him before this. Plus some sources say Goff is the top guy with teams and it's not as close as some think.

Insiders say there are durability questions regarding Goff and his small frame Think  Jim Everrett.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Flacco and Big Ben both came from small schools and they play in the AFC North which is also a tough hard nose division.  The Rams have enough talent in the ground game just like the Steelers and Ravens did to keep everything from being on the rookies shoulders.

I just hope they "ease" him into it like the Vikings are doing with Bridgewater. Having him test guys like Mathieu, Peterson, Sherman, and Thomas could be disastrous. Especially with no real threat on the outside. Like Bradford, he's coming to the Rams with basically no weapons. Austin is just a slot receiver and I like what Boras has done with the TEs, but they still need an outside threat. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have no O.Line though and just gave up Tunsil. Both teams are taking a gamble. The Draft is a crapshoot.

Hypothetically, they can draft a right tackle (Conklin or Decker) at #15 plus draft a RG (Garnett or Whitehair)  in the second round.

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The Rams got 3 firsts and a second from the skins

I didn't realize it was 3 first round picks.  They gave up two in this deal, all though they aren't in the same draft.  I still think they gave up a lot but there going to get the QB they wanted so I guess it's worth it for them.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

One of those rare trades where both team could come out better off.  There's also the chance either, or even both teams could strike out as well.  Interesting scenario...

This is exactly it.  The Titans are winners already, but the Rams could be winners if they get a franchise guy.

1 hour ago, coltsfan77 said:

Remember what the cowboys did with those picks for Walker. Do not have a good feeling with titans that were already improving, stock piling all those picks. Cowboys were hard to beat after that trade.

Not every trade turns into the Cowboys-Vikings Herschel Walker deal.

The Rams got a big haul in the RG3 trade and have yet to turn it into a winning team.    These things are never as obvious as they seem on the day a trade is made......

36 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Noted. I think they'd be fine with either though. I just wonder how good Wentz will be immediately in arguably the toughest division in Football coming from NDSU.

Who cares if you think they would be fine with either? The evidence suggests they want Wentz.  They don't make this trade unless they have a specific player in mind and not still waffling between the two.

Who cares if he played at NDSU or Stanford or Alabama?  Their homework leads them to believe he has the tools to be great but until he steps on the field and demonstrates that, they will be nervous regardless of the school he came from.  The NFL is littered with can't miss prospects from big schools that missed.

9 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Who cares if you think they would be fine with either? The evidence suggests they want Wentz.  They don't make this trade unless they have a specific player in mind and not still waffling between the two.

Who cares if he played at NDSU or Stanford or Alabama?  Their homework leads them to believe he has the tools to be great but until he steps on the field and demonstrates that, they will be nervous regardless of the school he came from.  The NFL is littered with can't miss prospects from big schools that missed.

Sounds like you could use a cup of coffee lol. It's just an opinion. Relax.

2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Rams receive: 1st round pick (1 overall); 4th round pick (113); 6th round pick (177).

Titans: 1st round pick (15 overall); 2nd round pick (43); 2nd round pick (45); 3rd round pick (76); 1st round pick in 2017; 3rd round pick in 2017.

WOAH!

Holy crap, thats a lot, is there any 1 QB that's worth it, or any player in this years draft for that matter

Just now, danlhart87 said:

I'm not even a pro scout and even I could have told you Luck would be the better of the 2.

Very few people said he would be better than luck.  The skins knew the Colts were taking luck.   But they gave up a bunch to go get bob.   Now they have zero to show for it

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Very few people said he would be better than luck.  The skins knew the Colts were taking luck.   But they gave up a bunch to go get bob.   Now they have zero to show for it

Good thing they got their franchise QB in round 4 haha 

On paper and the knee jerk reaction is that the Titans were laughing behind their hands when they made this trade. But as others have said, Rams are only making this move for a QB who they think is potentially going to be their franchise QB. If they turn out to be right it doesn't look so dumb. I'd be interested though to see where people think the break point is. Would you make this trade for.. Big Ben? Eli? Stafford? 

Now, if the Titans can hit on even a few of these picks it does make them a lot more dangerous this year. A lot depends on whether Mariota continues his development of course. 

I wonder too how far Tunsil slides... do the Browns skip a QB in the 1st to take him? 

It was a win/win for Titans and Rams.  It was a "lose" for the Browns.  Now, they suddenly have a decision to make.  Paxton Lynch or RG3.  I'm sure Lynch was not who they had their sights on either.  This was a real game changer.   What if the Cowboys go Lynch?   It could happen and then you have great players falling down to us at 18.

1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

It was a win/win for Titans and Rams.  It was a "lose" for the Browns.  Now, they suddenly have a decision to make.  Paxton Lynch or RG3.  I'm sure Lynch was not who they had their sights on either.  This was a real game changer.   What if the Cowboys go Lynch?   It could happen and then you have great players falling down to us at 18.

If the Browns go QB I'm pretty sure it will be Goff 

1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

I agree, but Wentz  has been mocked to them for months.  It's just crazy to be a Browns fan...or coach....or owner ... 

I think they will be ok taking Wentz they got a pretty decent protection up front. Also heard Hue Jackson really likes Goff.

7 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I agree, but Wentz  has been mocked to them for months.  It's just crazy to be a Browns fan...or coach....or owner ... 

SPECIAL REMINDER!!!

To anyone who knows a Brown's Fan...... Give them a hug.

They need it, again, today.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

The Titans have 6 picks in the top 3 rounds.  They have a better chance of hitting pro bowl talent.  Wentz could bust just as easily as succeed

A solid QB is all it takes to turn a team around. If Wentz pans out Rams are gonna be contenders for a while.