Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans trade #1 pick

SilentHill

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What's interesting is when the Rams made their deal to get all of their picks from the Skins what good has it done them? They haven't made the Playoffs so who's to say the Titans will do anything with their picks? Mariota I think will be Good but he wont be Andrew Luck good ever IMO. They need major help with their O.Line and Defense. If they whiff on most of these picks they will always hover around .500.

Not every player needs to be Andrew Luck in order for his team to be successful in the NFL...

The Rams acquired some good players with their picks from the Griffin trade. Their roster is loaded for a reason and they'll probably be in the mix for the playoffs sooner rather than later with Gurley and Wentz. Do you not believe in the o and d-line talent in this draft? What are the chances that they whiff on EVERY pick they make?

6 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Not every player needs to be Andrew Luck in order for his team to be successful in the NFL...

The Rams acquired some good players with their picks from the Griffin trade. Their roster is loaded for a reason and they'll probably be in the mix for the playoffs sooner rather than later with Gurley and Wentz. Do you not believe in the o and d-line talent in this draft? What are the chances that they whiff on EVERY pick they make?

What's the chances the Titans strike gold in the Draft either? It's 50/50. They may end up with a Good player or even 2, then again they may not?? We just have to see how it pans out. I think some people are overreacting when they think the Titans will all of the sudden become a contender because of some picks.

8 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

It obviously depends on Mariota.  I think he's shown some good signs, but he's still got the training wheels on.  If his game even comes close to Russell Wilson, the Titans will be very, very good.  

Mariotta throws it low and on a rope. And seems to like the short - mid-range game.
 If only we had that!
 TN will be young and on a learning curve this season. And still a bundle for us to compete with. JMO

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What's the chances the Titans strike gold in the Draft either? It's 50/50. They may end up with a Good player or even 2, then again they may not?? We just have to see how it pans out. I think some people are overreacting when they think the Titans will all of the sudden become a contender because of some picks.

I know you're biased but common man. Six picks in a the first three rounds is a bounty. These GMs know what they are doing. Maybe you would like it if they draft a wide receiver in the first...I'm not saying one draft will make them SB contenders but getting that many players in the quality rounds isn't something to underestimate.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He likes mobile QB's is why I made that comment. McShay even commented on it.

I'd take that with a grain of salt. Everyone supposedly likes mobile QBs except for Jay Gruden. Besides Young I can't recall any mobile QBs he had. They drafted Bradford, passed on RGIII by trading down, traded for Nick Foles, and spent a late round draft pick to get Case Keenum.

In this day and age I would assume almost every coach likes mobile QBs.

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

I'd take that with a grain of salt. Everyone supposedly likes mobile QBs except for Jay Gruden. Besides Young I can't recall any mobile QBs he had. They drafted Bradford, passed on RGIII by trading down, traded for Nick Foles, and spent a late round draft pick to get Case Keenum.

In this day and age I would assume almost every coach likes mobile QBs.

McNair was mobile and he loved McNair.

4 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I know you're biased but common man. Six picks in a the first three rounds is a bounty. These GMs know what they are doing. Maybe you would like it if they draft a wide receiver in the first...I'm not saying one draft will make them SB contenders but getting that many players in the quality rounds isn't something to underestimate.

I agree it's a lot of picks but they have to do something with those picks. They have a nice opportunity but we don't know if it will pay off. We don't even know if Mariota will ever be better than Good either. He is far from Very Good or Great as of now.

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They haven't been any good for 4 years now since the trade so it hasn't benefited them at all. Heck, we go 8-8 and people want to jump off a cliff. Imagine the Colts having all of those Draft picks and having seasons of 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, and 7-9. Until they make the Playoffs it hasn't done them any good at all. By now they should've been an 11 win team and in the Playoffs with the amount of picks they have had. My point is, this trade doesn't guarantee the Titans will be a Playoff team either in years to come. We will see.

If we had all those picks frogs would have blown every one 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree it's a lot of picks but they have to do something with those picks. They have a nice opportunity but we don't know if it will pay off. We don't even know if Mariota will ever be better than Good either. He is far from Very Good or Great as of now.

He hasn't even taken a snap in his second year yet. Most players that haven't started their second year aren't great yet. 

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

If we had all those picks frogs would have blown every one 

Yeah, I would love to have that many picks, it doesn't hurt. My only point really is, the Titans have to do something with them. What the Cowboys did in the early 90's is really rare + they already had the #1 pick from having the worse record in 1988 so they had Troy Aikman before they traded Walker, they already had Michael Irvin in place as well. They Drafted him in 1988 - a Tom Landry pick.

2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

He hasn't even taken a snap in his second year yet. Most players that haven't started their second year aren't great yet. 

I thought Andrew was Great as a Rookie. Took a 2-14 team to 11-5. I still think he should've won Rookie of the Year. Set the record for most Pass Yards as a rookie beating Cam's record.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought Andrew was Great as a Rookie. Took a 2-14 team to 11-5. I still think he should've won Rookie of the Year. Set the record for most Pass Yards as a rookie beating Cam's record.

So you think he was Hall of Fame worthy after his rookie year? Great isn't a word I toss around at leisure. I wouldn't call a QB great every time he throws for more yards then the guy before him. Jameis won ROTY this year...do you think he is a "great" player? I would say superb or spectacular rather than the word "great". Because it is an insult to the actual great players. 

4 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

So you think he was Hall of Fame worthy after his rookie year? Great isn't a word I toss around at leisure. I wouldn't call a QB great every time he throws for more yards then the guy before him. Jameis won ROTY this year...do you think he is a "great" player? 

Andrew had a Great Rookie Season. Is Andrew Great, probably not but he is Good at worse. After 2014 he was Very Good, last season he was just injured. I don't throw around the term 'Great' either and you should know that from reading my Posts but Andrew did have a GREAT Rookie Season for what rookie's are expected to produce. I didn't think Andrew would set the Pass Yards record or even come close to helping the Colts to 11-5. I didn't even think we would be 8-8 after 2-14.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All of a sudden become a contender?  Maybe they were 50/50 to sweep us Before this trade?
 Strike Gold?  A good player or two? Get a grip dude.
 This is a fairly deep draft. There New GM came from 12 years at NE and a couple good drafts at Tampa Bay!!
 And they pick at

First round: 15th overall selection

Second round: 33rd overall selection

Second round: 43rd overall selection

Second round: 45th overall selection

Third round: 64th overall selection

Third round: 76th overall selection

Fifth round: 140th overall selection

Sixth round: 193rd overall selection (from Atlanta Falcons)

Seventh round: 222nd overall selection

Sounds like you expect this guy to be a Irsay/Grigson!! It will take a couple years or so to see... But lol!

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Andrew had a Great Rookie Season. Is Andrew Great, probably not but he is Good at worse. After 2014 he was Very Good, last season he was just injured. I don't throw around the term 'Great' either and you should know that from reading my Posts but Andrew did have a GREAT rookie season for what rookie's are expected to produce. I didn't think Andrew would set the Pass Yards record or even come close to helping the Colts to 11-5. I didn't even think we would be 8-8 after 2-14.

Andrew was the most highly touted QB in 20 years for a reason. Of course he's a good player, but it seems you think that all other QBs need to live up to his standard in order to succeed. Don't forget, Marcus was hurt last year too. And I despise Tennessee for the record lol.

3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

All of a sudden become a contender?  Maybe they were 50/50 to sweep us Before this trade?
 Strike Gold?  A good player or two? Get a grip dude.
 This is a fairly deep draft. There New GM came from 12 years at NE and a couple good drafts at Tampa Bay!!
 And they pick at

First round: 15th overall selection

Second round: 33rd overall selection

Second round: 43rd overall selection

Second round: 45th overall selection

Third round: 64th overall selection

Third round: 76th overall selection

Fifth round: 140th overall selection

Sixth round: 193rd overall selection (from Atlanta Falcons)

Seventh round: 222nd overall selection

Sounds like you expect this guy to be a Irsay/Grigson!! It will take a couple years or so to see... But lol!

You need to have more faith in the Colts. We have the best player in the Division who plays QB which happens to be the most important position on the field. Lets see how our draft goes first before you think we will be mediocre. The Titans couldn't sweep us on their best days haha 

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good with low turnovers is plenty in this league.
 They are set to give him a good O-Line, and running game.
  We will see about the rest.

50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You need to have more faith in the Colts. We have the best player in the Division who plays QB which happens to be the most important position on the field. Lets see how our draft goes first before you think we will be mediocre. The Titans couldn't sweep us on their best days haha 

JJ Watt plays QB now? :)

1 hour ago, QwizBoy said:

So you think he was Hall of Fame worthy after his rookie year? Great isn't a word I toss around at leisure. I wouldn't call a QB great every time he throws for more yards then the guy before him. Jameis won ROTY this year...do you think he is a "great" player? I would say superb or spectacular rather than the word "great". Because it is an insult to the actual great players. 

Gurley was the AP offensive rookie of the year.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Based on what? Honest question... How do we know what Fisher's type of QB is?

He has always liked mobile QB's and McShay even commented on it. Wentz is more mobile than Goff. Fish loved McNair who was very mobile. McShay said the Rams would probably take Wentz but who really knows? 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The last 3 teams to have 6 picks in the first 76 have made the SB within 5 years. But sure, it's an overreaction. 

10 minutes ago, wig said:

The last 3 teams to have 6 picks in the first 76 have made the SB withing 5 years. But sure, it's an overreaction. 

and we have made 3 Final 4's in the last 10 years, 2 SB's, and won a SB without extra picks but by only having franchise QB's. Lets make a friendly wager if you think the Titans will benefit from this = who has the better record this upcoming season. I'll take the Colts, you can have The Titans and their 6 picks.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

and we have made 3 Final 4's in the last 10 years, 2 SB's, and won a SB without extra picks but by only having franchise QB's. Lets make a friendly wager if you think the Titans will benefit from this = who has the better record this upcoming season. I'll take the Colts, you can have The Titans and their 6 picks.

Who is saying that they're going to immediately make a SB, or even win the division?  This will pay dividends in a couple of years. How much is TBD but TN will be better from this trade. Why you have a hard time grasping they'll be better is beyond me.  

5 minutes ago, wig said:

Who is saying that they're going to immediately make a SB, or even win the division?  This will pay dividends in a couple of years. How much is TBD but TN will be better from this trade. Why you have a hard time grasping they'll be better is beyond me.  

They have to be better after going 2-14 but I don't necessarily think they will ever get beyond 8-8 just because of this trade which has been my point all along. Mariota isn't Luck. The Rams as I posted earlier haven't cracked .500 since their famous RG3  swap. Could I be wrong and the Titans land 2 Good players and a Great player out of this, of course. I am wrong a lot but until we see the results than it doesn't matter. I have never debated either that having all of those Draft picks is a bad thing. I think Tennessee got the better of the deal.

Good trade for Both teams.

Rams get a opportunity of having a Franchise QB they desperately need AND Titans get a boatload of picks to further improve a already improving team in a rapidly improving division.

The loser in this trade is the Colts. If Griggs doesn't hit on the next 2 Drafts & next year's FA we may be looking as having the 4th best talent in our division.

This worries me.   Buy stock in the Titans now.   I think this trade goes a long way in solidifying them as a threat in the division for the next 8 years.   That amount of high draft picks for 2 years will allow them to be deep at most positions.  

I know the Rams are deep, but those guys will need paid soon and many leaving via free agency.   I think the Rams must be hoping some free agents will take less to play in L.A.   

8 hours ago, wig said:

That is it.  They go from a team trying to patch multiple holes in drafts to a team that may be able to focus on other players.   While this isn't to the extent of the Walker trade, it is similar in a way that lots of draft picks improve a team. 

Fantasy football can be used as an analogy.   If you were in a 32 team league and got 6 of the first 76 picks, you'd have to try to fail.   Then next year you get to draft twice in the 1st and twice in the 2nd.