Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell To Meet With New Gm/press Conference News Merge

1959Colts

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Lombardi on ESPN says that he believes Caldwell will be fired and that Peyton Manning, if healthy, will remain a Colt to be a constant for the team amonst all the turnover of personnel. He says the franchise will be faithful to Manning.

I think because of Irsay's tweet about "Century City has everything covered" and "I got a ringer", means that Offensive Co-ordinator Joe Philbin from Green Bay will be our new HC

I think because of Irsay's tweet about "Century City has everything covered" and "I got a ringer", means that Offensive Co-ordinator Joe Philbin from Green Bay will be our new HC

What about that tweet do you think points to Philbin as headcoach?

No.....more likely

Grigson "No need to sit down Jim. Just carry on the fine job you've been doing here."

Caldwell: (deer in headlights stare)

Grigson: "Caldwell, let's make a deal... You stand on the sidelines and pretend like you're coaching, and let me be the head coach. Wont that be fun!?!"

Caldwell: ::Emotionless stare::

Grigson: "I knew keeping you would be a great idea! Now off with you!" ::Pulls back of Caldwell's string. Caldwell sputters out of room.::

Hard support any moves that don't involve coaching changes, answer this what have we done other than fire a great talent evaluator, who many believe is the one of the best GM'S ever.I am not saying that was a bad move , but if that is the only change then we have all been duped. Look no further than San Fran. if you are silly enough to think coaching doesn't matter. From darn near last to darn near first all with just getting a real football coach. One who played in big games, one who actually won most of his college games, a real coach with passion and desire and an ability to will men to victory, what a concept! Come Irsay wake up and get INDY real coach and please don't waste another year.There are some real dynamic young coaches out there,now go get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are these dynamic young coaches out there without jobs that would make us better without Manning? Because that's the gauge, really. Oh, and "anybody but Caldwell" isn't a valid answer. There's no proof, validity, etc., to that statement. Besides, wasn't Caldwell just a Polian yes-man? A puppet, I believe the commonly accepted title was around here; if so, does that not mean he gets the chance to coach "freely" now that Polian is gone? That, coupled with the fact that we have two coordinator positions open would suggest sweeping change to me.

Maybe Irsay can direct JC and GM to an office. IF JC stays, shame on us Colt fans- I can't understand all the love fest for JC? When after the season, the Super Bowl, Jets Playoof, Saints Blowout, majority wanted his head on a platter. Yo want Mr. Mope, weak d, no chnages, then thats' what we'll get again.

Who are these dynamic young coaches out there without jobs that would make us better without Manning? Because that's the gauge, really. Oh, and "anybody but Caldwell" isn't a valid answer. There's no proof, validity, etc., to that statement. Besides, wasn't Caldwell just a Polian yes-man? A puppet, I believe the commonly accepted title was around here; if so, does that not mean he gets the chance to coach "freely" now that Polian is gone? That, coupled with the fact that we have two coordinator positions open would suggest sweeping change to me.

Do we have openings, really at what positions and who is to said coordinators? Grigson,Irsay, Caldwell. It doesn't appear to me that we are looking for anyone and why is that?We seem to be standing pat and to me that is a problem. You can tell that this is all going to be put on Polian and no other changes. And people say we should have had a better back up,I thought JC was a great qb coach. He had CP 3 YEARS AND HELPED HIM HOW?

Would that be one Mr. Vic Fangio?

No Wade Phillips but speaking of Vic (49ers dc) he was our dc under Jim Mora running the zone blitz. It didn't work here because we didn't have the players to pull it off. That was the spat between Mora and Polian with the latter wanting Vic fired as dc and Mora standing by his man. Mora in a nutshell threw Polian's d draft picks (Rob Morris for one) under the bus and said Vic coached number one defenses from the usfl to the Saints to the Panthers. Look at what he's doing with the 49ers and I guess there was some validation.

But they DID stick with their HC, and what's he done?

To my point Gary K was a rising star oc (Denver) and showed PROMISE as head coach turning their offenses to one of the better ones in the league. That's why they gave him time, their problem was always DEFENSE and they FINALLY addressed that with hiring Wade Phillips as dc INSTEAD of settling for the same ol same ol. Caldwell a good man but bad coach. Wake Forest HOPED for promise before finally GIVING up as other progams turned around quickly.

Do we have openings, really at what positions and who is to said coordinators? Grigson,Irsay, Caldwell. It doesn't appear to me that we are looking for anyone and why is that?We seem to be standing pat and to me that is a problem. You can tell that this is all going to be put on Polian and no other changes. And people say we should have had a better back up,I thought JC was a great qb coach. He had CP 3 YEARS AND HELPED HIM HOW?

Caldwell was never the QB coach when Painter was on the team. Caldwell became the Assoc. HC in 2008, Painter was drafted in 2009.

Caldwell was never the QB coach when Painter was on the team. Caldwell became the Assoc. HC in 2008, Painter was drafted in 2009.

Yes I know that, but in the three years as a HC he has not noticed that CP might need a little help. And remember he wasn't Mannings either a first, so we are not sure if he has helped anyone in any way.

wasn't Caldwell just a Polian yes-man? A puppet, I believe the commonly accepted title was around here; if so, does that not mean he gets the chance to coach "freely" now that Polian is gone? That, coupled with the fact that we have two coordinator positions open would suggest sweeping change to me.

So thats why he looked like a cardboard cut out on the sidelines - because he was an upset puppet? I don't buy it! I can see his record while in College and I can see his performance here this past year! The guy can NOT coach!

Yes I know that, but in the three years as a HC he has not noticed that CP might need a little help.

Maybe he wanted to keep getting rid of him but was not allowed by VP of Football Operations.
And remember he wasn't Mannings either a first, so we are not sure if he has helped anyone in any way.

Nope, Arians did a nice joib with Manning his first couple years in the league, then Arians left to go to Cleveland and be the OC. Manning's play actually declined a bit, he wasn't able to handle the rush as well, tried to force to many balls in there. Then Caldwell came and we saw steady improvement in Manning's game every year until Reich took over.

can anyone imagine a young boy watching a colts game with his dad and the camera pans on jim caldwell and the boy asks dad why is that man just standing there doing nothing the dad shrugs his shoulders and tells the boy well apparently son the owner of the colts mr irsay thinks that is top level coaching at the nfl level, the boys says well dad if it's all the same with you i think i will pull for the patriots

It will be a colossal mistake to keep Caldwell here. I know Irsay has a man love for him, but that is absolutely no reason to keep an under qualified, mediocre(at best),poor game manager head coach. If Grigson keeps Caldwell it will already make me question just how much say(or lack there of) he actually has in the direction of this team.

Irsay has a man love for no one.... ppl thought he did for polian and look what he did to polian... this is business... man love not included.

First MAJOR decision by the young Grigson. Hopefully he is up to the task and recommend for the BETTER of the franchise that they go in a NEW direction and UPGRADE the coaching staff STARTING with the head man! 3yrs is MORE than enough

time to see if Caldwell has SOME type of upside and I just don't see it. Of course players will speak highly of the GOOD person that he is and want to play for him but considering all facts going back even to his days at Wake Forest he is in over his head!!! 2 WINS with a team of former pro bowlers. The Colts this year were even beaten by some of the bottom feeders of the nfl and even let the Saints drop 62 pts on them!! Time to move on.

No Wade Phillips but speaking of Vic (49ers dc) he was our dc under Jim Mora running the zone blitz. It didn't work here because we didn't have the players to pull it off. That was the spat between Mora and Polian with the latter wanting Vic fired as dc and Mora standing by his man. Mora in a nutshell threw Polian's d draft picks (Rob Morris for one) under the bus and said Vic coached number one defenses from the usfl to the Saints to the Panthers. Look at what he's doing with the 49ers and I guess there was some validation.

Yes, I meant Fangio was REPLACED. He HAD BEEN their defensive coordinator, then went to Stanford for a year with Harbaugh, then to the 49's. You see the statement being responded to calls out the DC that was replaced. The DC replaced would be Fangio. The precending pronoun refers to the DC being replaced, not who he was replaced by.

can anyone imagine a young boy watching a colts game with his dad and the camera pans on jim caldwell and the boy asks dad why is that man just standing there doing nothing the dad shrugs his shoulders and tells the boy well apparently son the owner of the colts mr irsay thinks that is top level coaching at the nfl level, the boys says well dad if it's all the same with you i think i will pull for the patriots

Or he could say, "Son, we as human beings are capable of controlling our emotions. Animals are the opposite, animals are controlled by their urges. So what you are seeing is a human that has worked hard in his life so he does not act like an animal."