Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell To Meet With New Gm/press Conference News Merge

1959Colts

A ringer can also mean a fake or an imposter, and that would certainly fit the past 3 years.

In that context it usually means someone is faking being bad but they are really good. Like a hustler in pool.

Ringer also means throwing a horseshoe so it encircles the stake. So it could be, he means Caldwell.

Maybe Irsay and Grigson will shock everyone and promote Mike Murphy to HC.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that context it usually means someone is faking being bad but they are really good. Like a hustler in pool.

Ringer also means throwing a horseshoe so it encircles the stake. So it could be, he means Caldwell.

Maybe Irsay and Grigson will shock everyone and promote Mike Murphy to HC.

In the context of the Indianapolis Colts, it must mean he's faking being good, or faking knowing what he is doing. Because if slick has been hustlin', slick sucks at hustlin too.

Philbins son just died in Century City, fell through the ice. And assuming ringer means SB ring...!?

I did not follow the story that closely, but I thought Philbins son died in Oshkosh, WI (when I think of Century City I think LA) ... and I know Irsay gets crazy with his tweets, but I do not think he would have the bad taste to use the place where Philbins son died as a hint, especially if he was going to be our next head coach.

Hard support any moves that don't involve coaching changes, answer this what have we done other than fire a great talent evaluator, who many believe is the one of the best GM'S ever.I am not saying that was a bad move , but if that is the only change then we have all been duped. Look no further than San Fran. if you are silly enough to think coaching doesn't matter. From darn near last to darn near first all with just getting a real football coach. One who played in big games, one who actually won most of his college games, a real coach with passion and desire and an ability to will men to victory, what a concept! Come Irsay wake up and get INDY real coach and please don't waste another year.There are some real dynamic young coaches out there,now go get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree. I just can't see any upside to bringing him back.

Philbins son just died in Century City, fell through the ice. And assuming ringer means SB ring...!?

I didn't know Century city was where he died, I thought it was Oshkosh, WI. That is kind of a morbid reference if that's the case. Caldwell has a SB ring as well, so that is a bit of a stretch.

When I saw Century City and ringer, my first thought was he may be bringing in Lane Kiffin from USC. If he brings his Dad with him I would not have a problem with that at all.

I didn't know Century city was where he died, I thought it was Oshkosh, WI. That is kind of a morbid reference if that's the case. Caldwell has a SB ring as well, so that is a bit of a stretch.

When I saw Century City and ringer, my first thought was he may be bringing in Lane Kiffin from USC. If he brings his Dad with him I would not have a problem with that at all.

Yeah, so we go from a father making sure his son is taken care of, to a son who makes sure his father's taken care of.

I guess that WOULD be a whole new direction. :)

Yeah, so we go from a father making sure his son is taken care of, to a son who makes sure his father's taken care of.

I guess that WOULD be a whole new direction. :)

A complete 180.

If his Dad were not Monte, I'd feel differently. Actually, if Caldwell remains and the Colts want to bring in Lane as the OC and Monte as the DC, I would not have a problem with that either.

It will be interesting to see what Grigson does. IMO, you do not want a first time GM and a first time HC, even if that first time HC has been a successful coordinator, we have seen a lot of successful coordinators completely bomb as HC.

A complete 180.

If his Dad were not Monte, I'd feel differently. Actually, if Caldwell remains and the Colts want to bring in Lane as the OC and Monte as the DC, I would not have a problem with that either.

It will be interesting to see what Grigson does. IMO, you do not want a first time GM and a first time HC, even if that first time HC has been a successful coordinator, we have seen a lot of successful coordinators completely bomb as HC.

I feel the same way. Lane is only attractive to me because of the possibility of Monte.

I have a bad feeling about Lane alone.

I haven't really followed the situation at all, but Lane seems to have a black cloud following him around the past few years.

Again, I don't know the details, so it could be due to something silly.

Irsay must have hired new GM with condition of keeping JC as new GM in way over his head. . Maybe Polians' wanted him out? as did other potential GM's

Or, perhaps, Grigson is doing what he said he was going to do and look at everything a GM should look at and will make decisions based on what he thinks is best for the organization.

Your statement is ridiculous in peyton's rookie year the team was terrible in talent level.This team had probowler's on it the 1999 team had none.

Or are we to believe that probowlers are only probowlers in the year that they are selected for that popularity contest.

Or are we to believe that probowlers are only probowlers in the year that they are selected for that popularity contest.

Everybody knew that team would struggle {harrison and glenn}this team had 2 all world pass rusher's, a very good safety ,reggie wayne ,dallas clark{in some games}a hof kicker.A much better roster than 1999 not even disputable.

Yes really, only faulk made the pro bowl in 1998.

Again....do you really believe that probowlers are only playing at that level in the year they are selected? Its a dang popularity contest that rarely mirrors effort and ability that season. inversely, many players are competing at a probowl level but never sniff a selection.

Anyway, enough debate about this from my side....you win.

Again....do you really believe that probowlers are only playing at that level in the year they are selected? Its a dang popularity contest that rarely mirrors effort and ability that season. inversely, many players are competing at a probowl level but never sniff a selection.

Anyway, enough debate about this from my side....you win.

I agree the pro bowl thing is popularity contest but my point is this team had more talent than the 1998 team,and yet could only muster 2 win's.I just do not think caldwell deserves another shot,just my opinion.I have followed the nfl for a lot of years, has any head coach in the history of the league survived a 2-14 or worse?

I agree the pro bowl thing is popularity contest but my point is this team had more talent than the 1998 team,and yet could only muster 2 win's.I just do not think caldwell deserves another shot,just my opinion.I have followed the nfl for a lot of years, has any head coach in the history of the league survived a 2-14 or worse?

Yes. Spags went 1-15 in his first year and Tom Landry went 0-11-1 at one point. I also think that Jimmie Johnson went 2-14 in Aikman's rookie year.