Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hopefully Luck is back this week

RockThatBlue

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If he can go, I know he will......because its not unrealistic at all that Jacksonville plays Houston even

Jacksonville has a much better shot at beating Houston than the Titans ever did. And Weeden is known for playing awful more often than not and he's due for a bad game, I don't think its unrealistic at all. Never know with the NFL especially the AFC south

3 minutes ago, Jcolt72 said:

Luck back which week? Been hearing this for weeks on end already.

I don't think Luck has recovered fast enough to have his workouts ramped up to get in football playing shape.  At the minimum, I'll be he is not in football shape nor sharp with the #1's.  At worst, he is still not cleared for contact, which probably means he won't QB in the Titans game either.  Our AFC South chances are on a thread anyway.  We needed to handle business in our own house with the Texans, and the guys could not get the job done.

26 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I don't think Luck has recovered fast enough to have his workouts ramped up to get in football playing shape.  At the minimum, I'll be he is not in football shape nor sharp with the #1's.  At worst, he is still not cleared for contact, which probably means he won't QB in the Titans game either.  Our AFC South chances are on a thread anyway.  We needed to handle business in our own house with the Texans, and the guys could not get the job done.

JMV said a few weeks ago that he's heard Luck has lost a bunch of weight. Probably wasn't quite in good shape yet but hopefully he will be this week.

52 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

this is very frustrating.  we are looking to just barley miss the playoffs and end up with a pick in the 20s

no elite pass rushers or o line at that point, so we end up going "BPA" and get another dorsett or something.

They got Castonzo at 22 and Mewhort in the second round.  You can get a linemen in the 20s.

pass rusher would be a bit harder but they got Mathis in the 5th round so you can players outside the top 20.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

They Castonzo at 22 and Mewhort in the second round.  You can get a linemen in the 20s.

pass rusher would be a bit harder but they got Mathis in the 5th round so you can players outside the top 20.

would rather play it safe and tank!!! well maybe, i'm conflicted

the last thing i want to see is being stuck in mediocrity for lucks prime.

4 hours ago, LuckIsAwesome said:

JMV said a few weeks ago that he's heard Luck has lost a bunch of weight. Probably wasn't quite in good shape yet but hopefully he will be this week.

Saw Luck in background with shirt off during locker room speech.  He looked pretty ripped to me so not sure where he lost weight unless he had his beard trimmed lol.

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

this is very frustrating.  we are looking to just barley miss the playoffs and end up with a pick in the 20s

no elite pass rushers or o line at that point, so we end up going "BPA" and get another dorsett or something.

We're not going to be drafting in the 20's.

Even at 8-8.      Take a deep breath.      Now exhale.........

1 hour ago, hawkeyes said:

He will not be back till next season ...

Who Luck?  He's contractually obligated to be back next season or not play football in the NFL.  Colts used his 5th year option.

He's not leaving the Colts, Franchise QB's don't leave the franchise that drafted them unless they are let go by said franchise.  The reason is that the Franchise can use the Franchise tag for a couple of years on them and the Franchise tag gives them no financial security.  

So they can play for the next 3 years on the franchise tag with no guarantees for the next year. . . or they could sign that big contract with $60 million guaranteed no matter what.  Football isn't a safe game no matter where you play.  Big Ben has spent a lot of this season hurt, so has Romo and Romo was behind what was universally agreed to be the best O-line in the NFL.  

26 minutes ago, kycoltsfan said:

It's interesting that a Ref had to tell MH he should sit.  I admire him for toughing it out and wanting to play.  But let's face it, when a defense knows a QB can't throw the ball more than 10 yards, he's not really helping the team.

16 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Completely false statement.  Now, you DO need a Front Office that can Identify players for your scheme, and THEN actually DRAFT them.... and yes, this can be done even after round one..... ( I've seen teams do it, even the Colts ) Gasp!

Hopefully you'll not see 12 take the field again this season , He is the future this season in officially a bust if Grigson were to allow this to happen I would hope Irsay shows him the door .

Pagano IMO needs to go & Grigson  should'nt be far behind maybe 1 more year if 2016 does'nt produce a playoff team that makes a respectable run I say see ya would'nt want to be ya .

Put a rusty Luck in and risk an injury? They are playing the Titans who I watched yesterday and they are the one team the Colts could beat regardless of QB, The Titans looked ridiculous. Put Morris in and give him eight plays to run all four quarters. We know Whitehurst is useless so lets see what Morris can do. Bottom line, we are going nowhere so wrap this miserable season up next week and  watch good teams play in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Completely false statement.  Now, you DO need a Front Office that can Identify players for your scheme, and THEN actually DRAFT them.... and yes, this can be done even after round one..... ( I've seen teams do it, even the Colts ) Gasp!

the higher the pick the better and we have nothing to play for

our odds of getting in are so small, they might as well not exist

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2015 at 4:26 PM, oldunclemark said:

If he can go, I know he will......because its not unrealistic at all that Jacksonville plays Houston even

don't see that happening, they were destroyed by the Saints, and the Saints are terrible and were beaten by the Texans when Texans were roster depleted.

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

We're not going to be drafting in the 20's.

Even at 8-8.      Take a deep breath.      Now exhale.........

It could be close.   We are sitting 17th right now.   A loss yesterday would have had us in the top 10. 

47 minutes ago, Myles said:

It could be close.   We are sitting 17th right now.   A loss yesterday would have had us in the top 10. 

A loss yesterday would NOT have put us in the top 10.

In fact, a loss yesterday PLUS a loss this coming Sunday likely would not have put us in the top-10.

Maybe close....   maybe 11 or 12 or 13,  but likely not in the top-10.

I figure a win Sunday puts us 18th or 19th....