Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY blames himself for teams struggles

HOZER

T.Y. Hilton is one tough, gritty, smart, outside the box, "teammate". You can't ask for a better individual or NFL player with that kind of an approach to his team & the game.

Rock on, brother! Things will start to look up, eventually. And, you're a HUGE part of that process.

While it's certainly not all his fault it is good that he's looking in the mirror asking himself what he can do better instead of pointing fingers and telling others what they can do better.

Honestly this season has thus far appeared to be a crappy offensive coordinator who wanted to constantly stretch the defense vertically even though he doesn't have the O-line to do that.  A GM who has failed in providing proper protection on the O-line thus far.  And possibly Luck getting hurt, even though Matt went 2-0 when Luck was out with the shoulder injury I don't imagine him winning all the games this time around.

I think TY needs to look in the mirror. He has far to many drops for a kid making the kind of money he makes. He has a hard time holding onto the tough catches!! The jury is still out on him as far as I am concerned and I have been a colts fans since the "Greatest Game Ever Played". For you that don't know that was 1958

Edited by 21isSuperman

While it's certainly not all his fault it is good that he's looking in the mirror asking himself what he can do better instead of pointing fingers and telling others what they can do better.

Honestly this season has thus far appeared to be a crappy offensive coordinator who wanted to constantly stretch the defense vertically even though he doesn't have the O-line to do that.  A GM who has failed in providing proper protection on the O-line thus far.  And possibly Luck getting hurt, even though Matt went 2-0 when Luck was out with the shoulder injury I don't imagine him winning all the games this time around.

Valpo, nothing you said lacks merit, but I personally believe the oline factors you bring up get way too much of the blame.  Time again, video evidence shows that, on the majority of plays, Luck has a reasonable amount of time (average to above average pocket protection) to get rid of the ball.  I'm not lobbing the blame on Luck, although some of his decisions have just been awful.  I think the WRs do deserve as much of the blame as anyone.  They're simply not consistently getting open.  Oline has had bad games, awful moments (especially early on) but the QB and WRs (and TEs) need to be brought to the table on the discussion. 

Valpo, nothing you said lacks merit, but I personally believe the oline factors you bring up get way too much of the blame.  Time again, video evidence shows that, on the majority of plays, Luck has a reasonable amount of time (average to above average pocket protection) to get rid of the ball.  I'm not lobbing the blame on Luck, although some of his decisions have just been awful.  I think the WRs do deserve as much of the blame as anyone.  They're simply not consistently getting open.  Oline has had bad games, awful moments (especially early on) but the QB and WRs (and TEs) need to be brought to the table on the discussion. 

Fair enough but getting open on a deep route is a lot harder then getting open on a short route.  And that is part of the problem.  

We've also done all deep routes against the blitz which you should never do.

So all and all I would say that Pep's obsession with deep routes has hurt us more then anything.  

Fair enough but getting open on a deep route is a lot harder then getting open on a short route. And that is part of the problem.

So all and all I would say that Pep's obsession with deep routes has hurt us more then anything.

Especially when you're getting double the attention that T.Y. attracts. Yep. To be vertically possessed doesn't bode well in today's game. I think we'll continue to see a nice mix from Chudzinski. And, he'll target Hilton to much freer routes via his talent.

I think TY needs to look in the mirror. He has far to many drops for a kid making the kind of money he makes. He has a hard time holding onto the tough catches!! The jury is still out on him as far as I am concerned and I have been a colts fans since the "Greatest Game Ever Played". For you that don't know that was 1958

I was a 1.6 year old then. I watched that game. My parents told me that I was designing plays in huge crayon (not sure they still have those) on the living room coffee table.

...wink, wink...

The team's record is bad but TY's look at me celebrations are on a record pace. The Colts overpaid to keep him and they will live to regret it.

No we won't. He has proven that he can make the big plays, he can fight for the ball and that defensive coordinators fear him enough to game plan to take him out of the equation. The problems the colts have right now are an entire team funk. Imo they have no identity, direction or even chemistry right now. Whether that is all on management, coaching or players is still the great debate. Imo there is plenty of blame to spread like peanut butter across the whole spectrum of the orginizations.

Fair enough but getting open on a deep route is a lot harder then getting open on a short route.  And that is part of the problem.  

But it is Andrews obsession since he got in the NFL. He has had open recievers from day 1 run across his face open and Noooooooooooo, Andrew loves the long ball PERIOD!

But it is Andrews obsession since he got in the NFL. He has had open recievers from day 1 run across his face open and Noooooooooooo, Andrew loves the long ball PERIOD!

I hope this changes under Chud's control, moving the chains is much more important than 

a flashy play from time to time. Methodically moving the ball up and down the field wears

down the opposing defense, three and outs do not.

I hope this changes under Chud's control, moving the chains is much more important than 

a flashy play from time to time. Methodically moving the ball up and down the field wears

down the opposing defense, three and outs do not.

If you mean not locking in on TY so much as his security blanket, I'm all for that kind of Chud guidance too GBTLP. 

Good OCs always establish a rhythm with the WRs & TE's Matthew has left after Hilton is double covered & has been taken away. Luck always went to TY too much like an automatic reflex I'm afraid. 

Allen, Doyle, & Moncrief need touches early against Atlanta IMO. 

Offensive struggles are a thing of the past for this team

Let's just move on and go win Sunday

God, I hope you are right TK. I was gonna like this post, but I don't want to temp fate & jinx it. I have a good feeling though. Knock on wood. [Wrapping knuckles on my desk as we speak.] 

It's not TY's fault...he has nothing to hang his head about...he has been playing hurt and even had a couple of very

good games on the limp.

This has been a total team suck effort...all he way from the GM to the HC to the former OC Poop and even to Andrew (with his stupid stubbornness in holding the ball too long)...bad decisions all up and down.

Julio jones

Dez Bryant

Obj

Antonio brown

Calvin Johnson

Aj green

Keenan Allen

Jordy Nelson

D Thomas

DeAndre Hopkins

Jillian Edelman

Brandon Marshall

Moncrief

In no order

Brandom Marshall, Julian Edelman and Moncrief are stretches..... Keenan Allen too...

Tell me with a straight face that if Brady was throwing to TY he wouldnt look better than Edelman does right now.....

Brandon Marshall is arguable, but i wouldnt say he was definitively better... And Keenan Allen / Moncrief.... lol just no....

Brandom Marshall, Julian Edelman and Moncrief are stretches..... Keenan Allen too...

Tell me with a straight face that if Brady was throwing to TY he wouldnt look better than Edelman does right now.....

Brandon Marshall is arguable, but i wouldnt say he was definitively better... And Keenan Allen / Moncrief.... lol just no....

Keenan Allen is better than TY he's a more complete receiver

Easy on the Brady part being he is one of worst at getting the chunk yards that TY gets .

Julio jones

Dez Bryant

Obj

Antonio brown

Calvin Johnson

Aj green

Keenan Allen

Jordy Nelson

D Thomas

DeAndre Hopkins

Jillian Edelman

Brandon Marshall

Moncrief

In no order

You forgot Amari Cooper, Larry Fitz, Alshon, Decker.

And guys like Mathews, Sanders, Maclin, Cobb, Landry, Evans, Benjamin, Watkins, Crabtree, Hurns, Robinson, Floyd could all be argued as well.....