Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Cole, your thoughts?

BlueCollarColts

It's still early, and I think Trent has been dented and dinged so far.....

Too early to make a decision on him.....

More time is needed.

In case anyone hasn't noticed,   we haven't gotten anything from Newsome or Mathis either.     Something is not right yet with the pass rush....

More time is needed.

In case anyone hasn't noticed,   we haven't gotten anything from Newsome or Mathis either.     Something is not right yet with the pass rush....

Mathis didn't play much or at all the first few games, but he does have a sack, and a couple big pressures, on critical plays. 

It seems the front 3 gets more pressure than the LB's. 

I want to see Moore lol 

Cole has gotten close multiple times but he has only averaged 35 snaps a game in 4 games played and much of that is spent against the run, He will get a couple sacks eventually but I don't think anyone should have expected him to have a Robert Mathis like affect as a pass rusher to begin with

Cole has gotten close multiple times but he has only averaged 35 snaps a game in 4 games played and much of that is spent against the run, He will get a couple sacks eventually but I don't think anyone should have expected him to have a Robert Mathis like affect as a pass rusher to begin with

Only someone who studies the game would know this. My assessment is about the same. He has been very close on multiple occasions but just did not complete the sack for whatever the reason. I do believe he will get there but like you I never expected him to be this big sack king. I assume the Colts think Mathis and Newsome will come around eventually. I know Mathis will but Newsome I'm not certain.

More time is needed.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, we haven't gotten anything from Newsome or Mathis either. Something is not right yet with the pass rush....

We haven't had any CB's and have only played 5 games. Manusky been tied playing a lot of zone. We get an extra second to get there we will start getting home.

Manusky was able to get pressire with less last year. It's going to come together no worries. It starts vs NE. We should be healthy finally.

I am still of the opinion that this team is capable of playing some good football. NE isn't unbeatable. Our place Sunday night we are going to get them

Only someone who studies the game would know this. My assessment is about the same. He has been very close on multiple occasions but just did not complete the sack for whatever the reason. I do believe he will get there but like you I never expected him to be this big sack king. I assume the Colts think Mathis and Newsome will come around eventually. I know Mathis will but Newsome I'm not certain.

QB Hurries - Source (http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/defensive-hurries/2015/)

Erik Walden - 6

Kendall Langford - 5

Trent Cole - 3

Henry Anderson - 3

Zach Kerr - 3

Bjoern Werner - 2 

Jerrell Freeman - 2 

Robert Mathis - 2

DQ Jackson - 2

Mike Adams - 2

Darius Butler - 1

Clayton Geathers - 1

Jonathan Newsome - 1 

Interesting reading.

We haven't had any CB's and have only played 5 games. Manusky been tied playing a lot of zone. We get an extra second to get there we will start getting home.

Manusky was able to get pressire with less last year. It's going to come together no worries. It starts vs NE. We should be healthy finally.

I am still of the opinion that this team is capable of playing some good football. NE isn't unbeatable. Our place Sunday night we are going to get them

QFT

Last year we manufactured a pass rush by playing tight man in the secondary with a lot less talent in the front 7. This year with the curse that's hit our secondary we've got the reverse situation. It's almost back to the dark days of Cover 2 with the corners on 5-7 yard cushions every darn play. You're not going to get much pressure if you're allowing QBs easy quick completions. 

QB Hurries - Source (http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/defensive-hurries/2015/)

Erik Walden - 6

Kendall Langford - 5

Trent Cole - 3

Henry Anderson - 3

Zach Kerr - 3

Bjoern Werner - 2 

Jerrell Freeman - 2 

Robert Mathis - 2

DQ Jackson - 2

Mike Adams - 2

Darius Butler - 1

Clayton Geathers - 1

Jonathan Newsome - 1 

Interesting reading.

interesting but it doesn't tell you how many snaps the player played.

interesting but it doesn't tell you how many snaps the player played.

Sorry, let me try again :P

Erik Walden - 6 (280 Snaps) 46.6 Snaps/Hurry

Kendall Langford - 5 (268 Snaps) 53.6 Snaps/Hurry

Trent Cole - 3 (176 Snaps) 58.6 Snaps/Hurry

Henry Anderson - 3 (275 Snaps) 91.66 Snaps/Hurry

Zach Kerr - 3 (72 Snaps) 24 Snaps/Hurry

Bjoern Werner - 2 (78 Snaps) 39 Snaps/Hurry

Jerrell Freeman - 2 (204 Snaps) 102 Snaps/Hurry 

Robert Mathis - 2 (88 Snaps) 44 Snaps/Hurry

DQ Jackson - 2 (328 Snaps) 164 Snaps/Hurry

Mike Adams - 2 (357 Snaps) 178.5 Snaps/Hurry 

Darius Butler - 1 (189 Snaps) 189 Snaps/Hurry

Clayton Geathers - 1 (91 Snaps) 91 Snaps/Hurry

Jonathan Newsome - 1 (122 Snaps) 122 Snaps/Hurry 

So basically our best pass rusher has been Bjoern Werner. . . Well see you guys next year, this team can't defend the pass.  

Looks to me like we need to increase Mathis snaps at some point.

QFT

Last year we manufactured a pass rush by playing tight man in the secondary with a lot less talent in the front 7. This year with the curse that's hit our secondary we've got the reverse situation. It's almost back to the dark days of Cover 2 with the corners on 5-7 yard cushions every darn play. You're not going to get much pressure if you're allowing QBs easy quick completions. 

QFT?? The secondary should be healthy going into week 6. If we can stay that way for a period of time the pass rush should improve based on the idea that Manusky will be able to go back to more man coverage.

I think Grigson should be banned from signing any former eagles players.  Has there been one former Eagle that has worked out for the Colts?

Justice - No

Herremans - No

Cole - No

Philip Hunt - No

Colt Anderson - 50/50

Stanly Havili - No

David Sims - No.

He's too in love with his old scouting reports.

I think Grigson should be banned from signing any former eagles players.  Has there been one former Eagle that has worked out for the Colts?

Justice - No

Herremans - No

Cole - No

Philip Hunt - No

Colt Anderson - 50/50

Stanly Havili - No

David Sims - No.

Ha,ha...I think you've got something there......and the operative word is 'old'.

Justice - No

Herremans - No

Cole - No

Philip Hunt - No

Colt Anderson - 50/50

Stanly Havili - No

David Sims - No.

Well as to Havili we just about never used him the right way. We tried to make him a lead blocker and that was never his skillset, He was a pass catching FB that hardly got any targets. Hunt I don't even think saw the field to be given a shot and you cant produce if not given a shot no matter how good or bad a player is at practice