Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Pagano be Fired?

1959Colts

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we don't fire him mid-season.  That's just stupid.  

Playoffs arn't out of reach yet by a long shot.  You going to fire the head coach when we still have a good chance of making the playoffs.

I've never seen a team become better after the head coach is fired mid-season.  Firing you head guy mid season only tells the players that you've given up on this season and they will as well.

I don't mind making a coaching change, but do it after the season is up. 

I am not a big fan of firing the coach in the middle of the season, unless things have just completely come apart or the team isn't responding to the coach anymore. Niether is true with Pagano. The guys are still playing hard for him and as bad as the south is the Colts are still Winning it.

Florio is an *, and Kravitz is a pot stirrer.

If Irsay didn't fire Jim Caldwell during the 2011 season, there's no reason to expect him to fire Pagano. 

I'd also like to understand why Irsay is being described as "oft-impulsive." 

Cauldwell didn't get fired as he was in on the tanking of the season of course. Part of the agreement too was that he would get another HC job, but only after a few years so it didn't seem too fishy...

enhanced-buzz-17103-1291507511-9.jpg

I really hope we win tonight now because ESPN wants to bury us. Stephen A is a phony and they were laughing at us, Skip and the girl who just sits there and giggles just saying put the Colts out of their misery. Stephen A picked Indy to go the SB, stick with it dude or quit screaming. Defend your pick or dont talk at all.

Florio is an *, and Kravitz is a pot stirrer.

If Irsay didn't fire Jim Caldwell during the 2011 season, there's no reason to expect him to fire Pagano. 

I'd also like to understand why Irsay is being described as "oft-impulsive." 

Because of his tweety bird past though he has done very well to keep his opinions to himself recently. The rehab must have helped, hoping that is the case. He needs to be clean from his issues, more important personally than professionally. 

However, his impulsive tweeting cannot be equated to impulsive football decisions and that is when this opinion piece starts grasping for straws.

Regardless, I think Grigson and Pagano may be both gone at the end of the year, not out of the realm of possibility, IMO. 

I didn't realize how brutal the Colts schedule is after tonight - Patriots, Saints, Panthers and Denver. Then the bye. I could see Pagano being let go prior to the bye if those games are losses as his deal is over end of season anyways. It would allow Irsay more time to scout prospective candidates and get ahead of other teams besides Miami of course.

I didn't realize how brutal the Colts schedule is after tonight - Patriots, Saints, Panthers and Denver. Then the bye. I could see Pagano being let go prior to the bye if those games are losses as his deal is over end of season anyways. It would allow Irsay more time to scout prospective candidates and get ahead of other teams besides Miami of course.

We will win the Saints game and for some reason I think we win the Panthers game if Andrew plays. If we win tonight we will be ok. Panthers are beatable but I think like the Cards they have unusual lapses as history has proven. Because of the schedule is why tonight's game is so huge though. I look way ahead and see what you are saying.

We will win the Saints game and for some reason I think we win the Panthers game if Andrew plays. If we win tonight we will be ok. Panthers are beatable but I think like the Cards they have unusual lapses as history has proven. Because of the schedule is why tonight's game is so huge though. I look way ahead and see what you are saying.

Yeah, I can see that happening. I think as with everything it is the way the team looks and performs and not just the win or loss. I have to think that if Luck is not healthy and you lose because he is not in there or not playing close to 100 percent than I don't see Pagano losing his job unless there is just some real bad blood between he and Grig. Hard to tell. So much speculation ...

Because of his tweety bird past though he has done very well to keep his opinions to himself recently. The rehab must have helped, hoping that is the case. He needs to be clean from his issues, more important personally than professionally. 

However, his impulsive tweeting cannot be equated to impulsive football decisions and that is when this opinion piece starts grasping for straws.

Regardless, I think Grigson and Pagano may be both gone at the end of the year, not out of the realm of possibility, IMO. 

Impulsiveness is about decision making, not tweeting. There's no evidence that Irsay is impulsive, particularly when it comes to how he runs his football team. In fact, all evidence to the contrary.

Neither Grigson nor Pagano are locks to be back, that's for sure. But we have 12 games to go, at least. This is the 2015 season. We have 87 days to think about the next season.

You have to have a backup plan.  So you fire Pagano and promote...Hamilton?   The players play hard for Pagano. That is what you want out of a HC.  If it is true about Grigson picking coaches and lineups as well as failing at bringing in quality olineman, then it is more his fault.

I like Grigson and Pagano.  However, Grigson either has to let Pagano have control of who starts and his assistants or be replaced.

Scott Pioli would be a good replacement for Grigson at the end of the year.  He basically got the Chiefs all their good players and was instrumental with the Patriots drafts.  And looked how he helped Atlanta bounce back with rebuilding their lines.

Don't we still get to play those games to see who wins?

Completely agree. It is still way too early. And honestly despite everything, our chances are still very good for making the playoffs considering the division.

Just making the playoffs doesn't guarantee anyone anything, but yeah. There's a lot of time before we know what needs to be done. 

In all honesty, Pagano isn't the one who deserves to be fired. That would be the man who built the offensive line and overstepped his boundaries on multiple occasions, Ryan Grigson.

Grigson first, then Chuck

If Grigson gets fired, about a 99% chance Pagano is gone too. A new GM brings in his staff to run the team. So, basically it is hold the course with Grigs and Pags, or start over. Irsay has a big decision to make. 

Just making the playoffs doesn't guarantee anyone anything, but yeah. There's a lot of time before we know what needs to be done. 

Very true! I was just stating that things may -or- may not be as dire as we seem them... It's still very possible we have a load of changes after all is said and done. 

If we miraculously win the Superbowl, then it really could be interesting for what Irsay will do... heh..

In all honesty, Pagano isn't the one who deserves to be fired. That would be the man who built the offensive line and overstepped his boundaries on multiple occasions, Ryan Grigson.

Finally, somebody who has some common sense!  I don't know why Pagano is even in the discussion.  People don't understand he is merely a puppet and Grigson is the puppet master, controlling everything behind the scenes.  Perhaps if it was Pagano's decision to draft Werner, trade for Trent, draft Dorsett, sign a handful of players who didn't workout (regardless of who's fault), it's the fact they didn't work out!  No more sob stories, no more finger pointing.  Ive heard people say Pagano is too soft, during press conferences this season, he has shown otherwise!  If he is fired, I for one am not going to be happy, especially if we don't get rid of the evil mastermind Ryan Grigson lol.  In all seriousness though, if anybody needs to go its Grigson!  He has hit on some deals, but some were gimmie's that he doesn't deserve credit for. 

I really hope we win tonight now because ESPN wants to bury us. Stephen A is a phony and they were laughing at us, Skip and the girl who just sits there and giggles just saying put the Colts out of their misery. Stephen A picked Indy to go the SB, stick with it dude or quit screaming. Defend your pick or dont talk at all.

She irritates me.

Completely agree. It is still way too early. And honestly despite everything, our chances are still very good for making the playoffs considering the division.

Agree.  Yes, there are issues.  But, there are also injuries.  It's early.  And, it was my understanding we won last week.....as painful as it might have been.  It was a W.

Grigson first, then Chuck

Just posted this in another topic. I'm not saying Grigson is definitely gone but he's the one under the microscope. Especially if there's truth to the reports about how much control he has. It's not just the W/L column that's being looked at for him. It's how the Colts look during the games.

Even though it's not all his fault, he gets a strike against him for the O line (which has been unfortunately magnified by the Luck injury).Another strike for the lack of pass rush. And a few other strikes that I'll elaborate on if someone asks.

I really hope we win tonight now because ESPN wants to bury us. Stephen A is a phony and they were laughing at us, Skip and the girl who just sits there and giggles just saying put the Colts out of their misery. Stephen A picked Indy to go the SB, stick with it dude or quit screaming. Defend your pick or dont talk at all.

Think her name is Molly or something like that. She's just there to increase their views given her looks, cause she's certainly not there for her brains about football

Impulsiveness is about decision making, not tweeting. There's no evidence that Irsay is impulsive, particularly when it comes to how he runs his football team. In fact, all evidence to the contrary.

Neither Grigson nor Pagano are locks to be back, that's for sure. But we have 12 games to go, at least. This is the 2015 season. We have 87 days to think about the next season.

Ehh there is such a thing about impulsive speaking which is basically what Irsay has done in the past on Twitter.

But others are correct his decision making when it comes to football matters are not impulsive.  So really I don't think there is much reason to believe that Pagano will be fired mid-season.  Irsay I think knows that is an impulsive thing to do so he will wait to the end of the season.

Now unless Pagano pulls off something really impressive I think Irsay is planning on firing him at the end of the season.