Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck partial shoulder subluxation (Merged)

RockThatBlue

If all of this is true then the Colts need to deactivate him until he's 100%.

I'm waiting for the specifics to be released, but the last thing the Colts need is to make something minor a lot worse just to win some games. And seeing as how the OL can't protect him (plus him holding the ball too long), re-injury is likely.

If it comes to it, I wouldn't be upset if they deactivated him the rest of the season. But again, I'll have to wait until the specifics come out.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not missing any point. Yes he takes too many hits from behind this crappy o line, but that's not the only time he takes hits. He's took a few shots when trying to tackle this year, he absolutely could have hurt his shoulder on one of those tackle attempts too.

It can happen at any time you are correct in that. But considering this problem has been the most glaring issue and is arguably the reason why Luck has gotten hurt, it's fairly obvious what the issue is.

And since we are playing this game, what if Luck got hit as he threw which caused the INT because of the bad offensive line?

Why should Grigson be fired for Luck's awkward throwing motion that has been tearing his shoulder apart since college?

Huh?

What?!?

Would you care to document this?

Who was talking about Luck's "awkward throwing motion that's been tearing his shoulder apart since college"..?!?

Hope this is all just media pipe smoke. I unfortunately suffer this in HS but no big deal just a bruise (35 yrs ago); however it happened again 9 months later in college. Game over for me at that point. Was told it will continue to happen with more regularity so surgery is best. The range of motion loss is very noticeable and still to this day gets inflammed.

Maybe next years draft QB, OL - let's pray not!!!

I heard on the radio they will probably bring Taney up from the PS to back up Hasselbeck now that he's had a few weeks to learn the ropes.

that would make no sense. Why bring Johnson in the first place since Taney was here longer. It's not like Johnson has past history in the Colts system.

Wow. Sounds like an injury that can easily get worse if aggravated. That means they need to sit him until he's 100

Andrew likely suffered an anterior separation / subluxation - partial to full, from trauma received from repeated falling down on an outstretched throwing arm/hand.  Countless times I've seem him 'break his fall' by outstretching the throwing arm/hand when going down to the ground.

So while the 'straw that broke the camels back' may well have happened n the Titans game, I feel there was a gradual stetching and/or tearing of the connective tissue in the shoulder area from-

Throwing ( a lot!)

Direct hits

Breaking his fall from indirect (to that shoulder) hits.

Finally, it has given way to some degree.  How much and what other damage there is present we don't know. Maybe some of the attending physicians have a clue, but aren't going to leak it. It can be hard to tell the condition of the Labrum when this occurs sometimes.

I wouldn't advise anyone trying to guess the severity of the injury or the recovery time.  It runs the gamut of a couple weeks to a few months, and people recover at different rates.

I just hope it isn't too severe, and some rest and then special exercises bring him back and help keep things in order.

I'm sure Andrew will participate in a throwing session very soon (if it hasn't happened already) and the plans for Colts practice and the game Thursday will be made.

Hope this is all just media pipe smoke. I unfortunately suffer this in HS but no big deal just a bruise (35 yrs ago); however it happened again 9 months later in college. Game over for me at that point. Was told it will continue to happen with more regularity so surgery is best. The range of motion loss is very noticeable and still to this day gets inflammed.

Maybe next years draft QB, OL - let's pray not!!!

Loll shut up

I still think he was injured at the end of the Bills game and tried to tough it out through the Jets and Titans. 

i think it may have happened in the Bills game when he creamed the guy on the interception return. there is so much talk about him changing his style of play and rightfully so. he hasn't been the same in game 2 or 3.

Eh. I'm skeptical of believing the team.

I mean, they deny the reports of a rift between Pagano and Grigson, they insisted Luck would play last week (and I'm positive they knew all along he would not).

It also wouldn't be the first time that we've been light with the truth surrounding injuries. Who remembers Peyton's bursa sac? Or his neck injury for that matter? We also hemmed and hawed with the knee injury Marvin Harrison had in 07 for three quarters of a season.

Different regimes, sure, but the tendencies look awfully familiar.

I mean, they deny the reports of a rift between Pagano and Grigson, they insisted Luck would play last week (and I'm positive they knew all along he would not).

It also wouldn't be the first time that we've been light with the truth surrounding injuries. Who remembers Peyton's bursa sac? Or his neck injury for that matter? We also hemmed and hawed with the knee injury Marvin Harrison had in 07 for three quarters of a season.

So you think it's a serious shoulder injury or what?

that would make no sense. Why bring Johnson in the first place since Taney was here longer. It's not like Johnson has past history in the Colts system.

Tanney had been here about 5 days and hes not a Vet.  Johnson is a Vet and I believe thats why they wanted yesterday.  Bottom line is, if Luck can'y play, and we don't sign another QB, Tanney is the man.

To put you mind at ease... it is very unlikely he will need an Op unless it becomes a problem. If it happens once, there is a lot he can do to stop it from become a recurring issue, but if it happens 3/4 times... then he's in trouble.

Correct, and the Colts history with Bert Jones describes just this. (Please don't read the following link if you're an eternal optimist where the glass is always full of Blue Kool-Aid)

http://www.realclearsports.com/lists/devastating_quarterback_injuries/bert_jones_1978_colts.html

Hopefully, Lucks separation was much more minor than Jones.    However, if he continues to get hit, and break his fall with his outstretched arm as he does  {shudder}

I'm not even going there.  I'm going to allow them medical team to take precautions to allow Andrew to resume his playing career,  And it is not 'this one' I am worried about, but preventing the next one.

What franchise would admit tension between coach and GM?

Partial separation-

http://cbs4indy.com/2015/10/05/source-andrew-luck-has-partially-separated-shoulder-consulted-out-of-state-experts/

Must get him recovered before trotting hm out there again.  and stop landing on an out stretched arm Andrew... better yet, tuck the ball and run or fall down fetal position Peyton style.  Live for the next play.