Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck partial shoulder subluxation (Merged)

RockThatBlue

Subluxation means shoulder shifts. Key is if labrum is torn. If significant tear, surgery possible, otherwise rehab. https://t.co/TahIBC6DU1

— David J. Chao, MD (@ProFootballDoc)

October 5, 2015

Subluxation means shoulder shifts. Key is if labrum is torn. If significant tear, surgery possible, otherwise rehab.

Do you know how long rehab usually is?  I can't think of a player, much less a QB, that had a similar issue.  Assume average diagnosis and no unusual setbacks (if possible).

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subluxation can be adjusted and treated

chiropracticity. It simply means he a veribrea out of alignment. Let's hope this is the case

Very true. Luckily this isn't a serious thing, and he easily could be playing Thursday night. Everyone needs to settle down.

It's a shoulder subluxation not spinal.

I have subluxed both of my shoulders many times, and dislocated both quite a few times. Once it's starts coming out, the joint loosens and it comes out easier next time.

I have had three shoulder operations (two on my left, one on my right) due to this.

If this turns into a problem for Luck, no amount of weights or shoulder exercises will fix it... he will need an op. The op involves putting little steel anchors around the rotator cuff to stabilise the shoulder. If he has an op, his shoulder will never have the same range of movement again.

What I am saying is... everyone should be reasonably worried about this.

I have subluxed both of my shoulders many times, and dislocated both quite a few times. Once it's starts coming out, the joint loosens and it comes out easier next time.

I have had three shoulder operations (two on my left, one on my right) due to this.

If this turns into a problem for Luck, no amount of weights or shoulder exercises will fix it... he will need an op. The op involves putting little steel anchors around the rotator cuff to stabilise the shoulder. If he has an op, his shoulder will never have the same range of movement again.

Not feeling good after reading that...

Not feeling good after reading that...

To put you mind at ease... it is very unlikely he will need an Op unless it becomes a problem. If it happens once, there is a lot he can do to stop it from become a recurring issue, but if it happens 3/4 times... then he's in trouble.

To put you mind at ease... it is very unlikely he will need an Op unless it becomes a problem. If it happens once, there is a lot he can do to stop it from become a recurring issue, but if it happens 3/4 times... then he's in trouble.

What are the chances of him going through the season untouched...not very likely so Im still concerned. 

If this turns into a problem for Luck, no amount of weights or shoulder exercises will fix it... he will need an op. The op involves putting little steel anchors around the rotator cuff to stabilise the shoulder. If he has an op, his shoulder will never have the same range of movement again.

Happened to my right shoulder twice, no op. But my God did it suck for both sports and my highschool job.

From what Hagan reported, the doctors are concerned about the labrum.  Simply because it is hard to view on the MRI with this type of an injury.  3 out of state docs have been seen by Luck.

Or, is it "Luck has seen three out of state docs?"  :^)

I don't know I have a read reports of him being a game time decision sunday, he will be ready Thursday, I have also read reports saying the Colts have not told us the severity of this injury, im not sure what to believe but hopefully Grigs doesn't get out of hand and play Luck injured to try and save his dwindling existence here in Indy

Basically it sounds like a slight shoulder separation.    The shoulder goes back into place,  but it takes time for the muscles and tendons and everything else in the joint area to calm down.

Tough for anyone to know how long this will keep Luck out?

He could be back Thursday night.....

Or,   he could be back after the bye for the Patriots game.

No way to know at this point.....

In agreement here with you, NCF! The Indianapolis Colts will not gamble on Andrew Luck's health. No way. He'll be back whenever the Drs. clear him. It's that simple. Until then, let the Vegas odds wage war.

Do you know how long rehab usually is?  I can't think of a player, much less a QB, that had a similar issue.  Assume average diagnosis and no unusual setbacks (if possible).

I think Drew Bledsoe had a similar injury 20 years ago. He had a down year playing with it, but lead the Pats to a Superbowl appearance the next season. 

My concern is he ready to go I hope they have the notion to sit him if he isn't ready to go. If it is that serious all it would take is for Watt to hit him one time and his season could be over.

Yep. It isn't worth the risk of him getting hurt. Even if the Colts lose, the season is still not over. The same can't be said if Andrew goes down.

How is it not? Luck has taken the most combined hits and sacks every single year he's been in the league. More times he gets hits=more chances for injury. It's not that hard to figure out.

Its also not hard to figure out that Luck takes hits when trying to tackle after he throws an interception.

You're missing the point.

I'm not missing any point. Yes he takes too many hits from behind this crappy o line, but that's not the only time he takes hits. He's took a few shots when trying to tackle this year, he absolutely could have hurt his shoulder on one of those tackle attempts too.